FC2 Saitek x52pro profile

Hi guys, I just bought flaming cliff 2 i was looking for profile for my x52pro. I'm new to this game and I just got a brand new x52pro joystick so I'm looking for a profile i could use and customize it to my like after.

Thanks you guys and lomac looks really awesome!

Later :thumbup:

I have tried few profiles made by others in the past, but never worked for me. It is painfully simple to create your own.

As i mentioned, it is simple to create, but it does take little time.

Mode 1 i use for navigation which will have all your essentials to get you of and back to the ground, let you fly from way point to way point and choose which ones you want to fly to

Mode 2 is for Combat, all your radar, targeting, weapon selection and defences.

I have attached mine, try it on, i have named all commands but some are shortened, you will probably want to open mig 29s controls pdf located in doc folder at your FC2 folder to make sure you understand it all.

This profile is for MIG 29, it will probably work with SU-27/33 as they are similar, but i have not tested it fully. For American birds and SU25 you will need something else.

This is not full HOTAS profile as you still need to use some keyboard keys for certain things, but those are the ones you usually don't use frequently, like canopy open close, engines start and so on.

Its still largely work in progress

Mig 29s V2.rar

Hi Nic!,

there are two approaches to this, I rekon.

1) honestly, you'll be doing yourself a favour by setting up your own profile..using other peoples is a headache, and may not make logical sence to you..of course the side benefit of doing it yourself, is that it will imprint on your memory that much better (ps..small tip, also write down what bottuns etc do what on a piece of paper for quick reference ...)

2) rather than using the SST profiling software, you can assign button presses (including a modifier, ie the pinkie button) directly in game.

The advantage to this, is you never have to remember to load up your profile, because it'll allways be there :).. I also have some....dislikes about the SST software, and I think it can be a bit of a problem child sometimes, so better off to cut it out of the loop when you can!

Good luck with it at any rate,

I've not seen the FC2 key layout yet, but if it is anything like in Black Shark, then you can filter controls in the settings screen to show what the "real world" controls are on the HOTAS , which can be a good starting point.

Good luck!

I prefer using profile with the SST software, just because you only need to think of 1 profile (e.g. 1st mode nav/2nd mode air-air/3rd mode air-ground) US jets and 1 profile for RU jets.

That way you don't need to manually duplicate the very same HOTAS layout for the 3 Migs and 4Su's, which would be a pain in the ass.

As it is now, you can only create a specific key layout for a single jet without any possibility to copy that for another.

Using a SST profile is a lot more comfortable, though you have to familiarize with it first and need to alt+tab out a lot at first to get the hotkeys right.

Edited by Mugenjin

Hi Nic!,

there are two approaches to this, I rekon.

1) honestly, you'll be doing yourself a favour by setting up your own profile..using other peoples is a headache, and may not make logical sence to you..of course the side benefit of doing it yourself, is that it will imprint on your memory that much better (ps..small tip, also write down what bottuns etc do what on a piece of paper for quick reference ...)

2) rather than using the SST profiling software, you can assign button presses (including a modifier, ie the pinkie button) directly in game.

The advantage to this, is you never have to remember to load up your profile, because it'll allways be there :).. I also have some....dislikes about the SST software, and I think it can be a bit of a problem child sometimes, so better off to cut it out of the loop when you can!

Good luck with it at any rate,

I've not seen the FC2 key layout yet, but if it is anything like in Black Shark, then you can filter controls in the settings screen to show what the "real world" controls are on the HOTAS , which can be a good starting point.

Good luck!

So does the Mode 1/2/3 count as modifiers as well as the pinkie?

Mode 1/2/3 does not make a difference, so you can only map 1 action to a single button on your joystick (without modifiers that is)

And you can actually create as many modifiers as you want (ok not that much but enough I guess). And adding the pinkie as a modifier is possible.

I had no problems with SST yet and forgetting to load a profile isn't that much of a deal since you can just alt+tab and load it...It's more of a hassle to map every single jet with the same joystick layout.

Try this one its for my x52 but it should work on your x52pro.

MODE1 nav, flight controls, and external/internal lighting MODE2,general attack, sensor input, control surface, and countermeasures.

It is universal as well so it works great with any aircraft you choose to fly.

You will need to load it in to your profile editor to see which bottons do what, I labeled all of them.

http://rapidshare.com/files/368990624/FC2.0.pr0.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

updated FC 2.0 profile

05-20-10

latest profile

updated just now..

--------

updated Falcon 4 profile

06-12-10

============

Mode-1 = A-A

Mode-2 = Nav

Mode-3 = A-G

========

I have profiles at:

http://www.saitekforum.com/

in the game profiles section..

Saitek X52 Pro

:joystick:

and attached here

unzip to empty directory and choose the profiles you want

06-12-10_Saitek_X52Pro_Profiles.zip

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Can you set the Pinkie switch as a modifier in game rather than using the SST software? If so what does the modifier show up as?

Also i cant seem to be able to program the Right Shift in SST, is there any way round this?

Edited by Ghost

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also i cant seem to be able to program the Right Shift in SST, is there any way round this?

I've also noticed this! I've been going a bit batty trying to figure out why...

Specs: AMD 5900X, Asus X570MB, EVGA3090FTW, 64Gb 3200 RAM, 2x M.2 Drives, Reverb G2 

Hotas: Virpil Stick and CM3 Throttle, TM Warthog, TM TPR Pedals, Realsim FSS Stick, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Brunner CLS2 Yoke,

Motion/Haptics: DOF P6 Platform, Jetseat

Additional: TM MFDs, Tek Creation F-16 UCP

I've also noticed this! I've been going a bit batty trying to figure out why...

you guys need to run the latest version of Saitek drivers and software. :joystick:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Can you set the Pinkie switch as a modifier in game rather than using the SST software? If so what does the modifier show up as?

options -> controls -> modifiers (bottom left) -> add -> press pinkie (don't load any profile for X52 via SST) and there you go.

You can even rename it "Pinky" so its easy to pick out in the X52 column.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I have Saitek, but Saitek AVIATOR. In middle of joy I have mode switch, witch is actualy buttons 13 and 14.

In FC1 it was working fine when I was define that MODE A (button 13) is actualy LAlt (in game setup) and MODE B (button 14) is LCtrl (in game) ...

But in FC2, when I chose MODE A, all commands work fine, but when I disable MODE A (turn off button 13), it is still in MODE A.

In FC2 I can chose do I want Modifiers or do I want Switch ... but in my case they work same ... and they work like Switch.

I need to select mode A, then deselect it and select it again to disable mode.

Do you know why and how to fix that? And is it possible in SST to define that some mode is like presed button Alt or Ctrl?

just a note, I have been constantly updating my LO:FC 2.0 profile, it has been a real struggle to get it to the point whre it is now, lot's of testing and adjusting keys.. my latest was just now and has major fixes..

Saitek , X52 Pro, posted in this thread..

since the original LO:FC 1.0 profile was way different commands, I had to work on major changes.. with FC 2.0

FYI

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I prefer using profile with the SST software, just because you only need to think of 1 profile (e.g. 1st mode nav/2nd mode air-air/3rd mode air-ground) US jets and 1 profile for RU jets.

That way you don't need to manually duplicate the very same HOTAS layout for the 3 Migs and 4Su's, which would be a pain in the ass.

As it is now, you can only create a specific key layout for a single jet without any possibility to copy that for another.

Using a SST profile is a lot more comfortable, though you have to familiarize with it first and need to alt+tab out a lot at first to get the hotkeys right.

I totally agree with you, Mugenjin. If you get to understand fully well how to use the SST, you'll find out that using the ingame assignments is a waste of buttons. With the SST, you have unlimited chances. For instance you can assign up to 5 different functions (if you so wish) to a single button, add the shiftstate, and that makes 10, add the different modes and that makes 30 to just one button. The highest you can go in game is 2 for one button. Also, you can assign a profile (your favorite sim) as the startup profile, so whenever you log on to windows, it loads automatically. In my profile, mode 1 (with it's "+ pinkie) takes care of RF Fighters, Mode 2 and pinkie take care of American Aircraft, Mode 3 + pinkie = Su25 and Su25T

Edited by Smasher77th

I am still tweaking my Saitek profile with many improvements,, it has not been easy making it better, lots of testing, time and thought..

latest update has been included in this thread for download..

:joystick:

let me know how you like it, and if you make any improvements..

btw, I do not have brakes on the stick. I have rudder pedals with brakes on the toes.. also, that frees up more keys..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Try this one its for my x52 but it should work on your x52pro.

MODE1 nav, flight controls, and external/internal lighting MODE2,general attack, sensor input, control surface, and countermeasures.

It is universal as well so it works great with any aircraft you choose to fly.

You will need to load it in to your profile editor to see which bottons do what, I labeled all of them.

http://rapidshare.com/files/368990624/FC2.0.pr0.html

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.