Tekateka type Coastline mod needed for FC2.0

Mustang

Topic title says it all, the shimmering coastlines are back.

I've tried using the 1.12 Coastline mod but so far haven't had any luck.

Is anyone else willing to give this a shot?

Check the screenshot to see just how ugly it can be.

screenshot069r.jpg

Hi Mustang,

I don´t have that problem, so there´s no way that I can know for sure that it´s working. But I just downloaded the mod for 1.12 and AFAIK you need to copy:

Bazar/Effects/EffectTexturesTGA.cdds to Bazar/Efects

Terrain/Surface/High/Coastline*.cdds (all 4 files) to Bazar/Terrain/Surface

Don´t copy EnglishCockpit.cdds

And now you just need to "tell" the FC20 that you want to load those CDDS before the ones that came with the sim, so open your Config/graphics.cfg with the notepad and look for this line:

TextureCollections

Just below highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";, you need to add these lines:

winter = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\CoastlineWin.cdds";

autumn = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\CoastlineAut.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\CoastlineSum.cdds";

spring = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\CoastlineSpr.cdds";

winter = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\CoastlineWin.cdds";

autumn = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\CoastlineAut.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\CoastlineSum.cdds";

spring = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\CoastlineSpr.cdds";

So it will look like:

mustangdm.jpg

Don´t forget to backup any files that you replace!!!!!

Hope it make sense, English it´s not my native lenguage! :megalol:

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Mustang,

I don´t have that problem, so there´s no way that I can know for sure that it´s working. But I just downloaded the mod for 1.12 and AFAIK you need to copy:

Bazar/Effects/EffectTexturesTGA.cdds to Bazar/Efects

Terrain/Surface/High/Coastline*.cdds (all 4 files) to Bazar/Terrain/Surface

Don´t copy EnglishCockpit.cdds

And now you just need to "tell" the FC20 that you want to load those CDDS before the ones that came with the sim, so open your Config/graphics.cfg with the notepad and look for this line:

TextureCollections

Just below highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";, you need to add these lines:

So it will look like:

mustangdm.jpg

Don´t forget to backup any files that you replace!!!!!

Hope it make sense, English it´s not my native lenguage! :megalol:

Thanks mate, i will try this soon! :thumbup:

More pics to compare both Plz..

Thx

This mod fixes the coastline, lake and river edges flashing various shades of blue at certain times of day, angles and at high altitudes, you can see the bug occuring in the pictures in this link (thanks go to =RvE=Fusion) look at the first pic, on the far left you can see the edges of the river standing out, and in the second one you can see it in the cockpit mirror

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=865291&postcount=87

you'll have to try it yourself and see.

Oh, and on a sidenote, this bug occurs in DCS Black Shark too, the methods used to fix FC2.0 work the same for that sim.

Edited by Mustang

Can it be made into a Modman mod please ? Also when you open the script can the stock version of notepad be used ?

Paul

I'll ask one of my squadmates to package this into a MODMAN compliant file :)

And yes, you can use plain old Notepad or Wordpad to edit the graphics.cfg.

I don't know why this hasn't been brought up yet, but with this mod, we are using the old textures from FC1. The coastline color doesn't match the rest of the terrain. Can this be re-packaged with the correct coastline textures? i would do it myself, but i don't understand the inner workings of the mod. Actually, I'm off to figure it out right now...

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I don't know why this hasn't been brought up yet, but with this mod, we are using the old textures from FC1. The coastline color doesn't match the rest of the terrain. Can this be re-packaged with the correct coastline textures? i would do it myself, but i don't understand the inner workings of the mod. Actually, I'm off to figure it out right now...

Aero

Maybe because no one has noticed it before? :music_whistling:

Maybe because no one has noticed it before? :music_whistling:

I'm repackaging it now with the new textures.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices