the 2nd patch

i ve read a post in here that says when install the patch to make dcs and fc2 compatible that it will turn some stuff to russian.i ve also read there some betty coalitions thing to make it all english again but it says something using modman.i have no clue what madman is and i doubt it is easy to use,so if i install that patch will i be stuck with some russian and if i don t i won t be able to play multiplayer.

Yep Betty's voice will be russian after patching.

It does not bother me as much as it did initially, but will certainly be happy to have it english again if they ever update it.

I know there is the mod you mentioned out there, I just did not want to go through installing another program to install a mod...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi BigDog,

Yes if you install the patch, you will have Russian betty though all cockpit labels / controls will still be whichever language you set them to be, however you should definately install teh patch as it has Many many small fixes and improvements in it, as well as making it online compatable with FC2.

To that end, do not be afraid to use the tools at hand to modify toe game to your tastes.

Modman is a "easy installer" for mods to do with the lockon engine.

My suggestion is to check out modamn, download and install it

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=6068

Then download the modpack "English Betty" by dragon:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54051

And use modman to install it... it is very simple to use, and intuitive.

both Modamn and the English Betty mod pack are made by members of the community.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[snip]

I know there is the mod you mentioned out there, I just did not want to go through installing another program to install a mod...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=55383

^ This one has the files required to change radio comms and betty to english. I didn't use any modman/external program, I just unzipped and copied the sounds and config files to the correct locations in DCS.

(Back up your originals first before attempting)

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

LOL its called modman not madman ;) :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.