A2A Simulations P-51D Mustang

Bearitall

Hey;

Well, yesterday I just purchased the A2A P-51D Mustang..and all I can say " Is Wow "..torgue is very strong during take off..not as easy as it looks..

I did a quick video of my first two take offs and landings..sorry for the video editing/production not up to speed as most others..but will keep plugging away at it..

Well I can't get the youtube link to work so here is the link to my channel..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Billj115?feature=mhee

1st flight bit rough on take off...landing was too high and fast..also applied brakes too hard...so the flip happens..

2nd flight a bit slow on landing approach..touch down bit hard also..but applied brakes on/off thus no flip this time...LOL

Thanks..

Edited by Bearitall

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should check out A2A's Spitfire Accusim!

Once you've flown with Accusim, nothing else comes close. An accusim package for the P-51D is in the works! As well as a pack for the P-40B, F-104, F-4 and the P-51D!

Currently in accusim is the Boeing 377, Piper Cub, P-47D Razorback, B-17G and the Spitfire MkI & MkII.

You should check out A2A's Spitfire Accusim!

Once you've flown with Accusim, nothing else comes close. An accusim package for the P-51D is in the works! As well as a pack for the P-40B, F-104, F-4 and the P-51D!

Currently in accusim is the Boeing 377, Piper Cub, P-47D Razorback, B-17G and the Spitfire MkI & MkII.

Yea, knew about the Accu-Sim P-51D coming they informed about it..but just couldn't wait so I bought this to prepare for it..it is totally different from flying jets...

BTW how did you like my take offs/landings..:music_whistling:

OK. So that first landing was how not to do it. LOL I would most likely have done the same thing. but you redeemed yourself after. I enjoyed both videos, and my 5yr. old son of course liked the first landing.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I seriously looked at buying this when I spotted the review over on LoF. I just cant get a decent frame rate out of FSX though. Even with the new Rig, which handles Full HD DCS with 8 other players fine, FSX still seems to stutter and grumble.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I seriously looked at buying this when I spotted the review over on LoF. I just cant get a decent frame rate out of FSX though. Even with the new Rig, which handles Full HD DCS with 8 other players fine, FSX still seems to stutter and grumble.

Maybe try turning down the settings ..abit..might help...seriously though the P-51D Mustang I am having fun flying it..:thumbup:

How is the engine management?

Is it even close to this?

After the huge disappointment with VRS F-18, I'm not sure if I ever want to pay for addons for FSX.

That is another thing about FSX, in other for it to be somewhat playable, you have to spend so much money buying addons, sad

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

For complex engine management I'd suggest waiting for upcoming P-51 with Accusim, or take a look at Spitfire or P-47. Older P-51 is not as advanced as our latest releases.

First of the four videos with P-47 management (additional three videos are available at our YouTube channel):

Spitfire:

For complex engine management I'd suggest waiting for upcoming P-51 with Accusim, or take a look at Spitfire or P-47. Older P-51 is not as advanced as our latest releases.

First of the four videos with P-47 management (additional three videos are available at our YouTube channel):

Spitfire:

Well, first off as a new purchaser of A2A Simulation product..I am overwhelmed..with the detail and the performance of the Aircraft..I find it even more of a challenge than IL-2 which is close in some ways but not as detailed..

I give my Congrats to A2A Simulations..I intend to make few more purchases..thank you for a product well done..:thumbup:

I had the Piper Cub with Accusim and it was pretty nice, the whole way to start the propeller and stuff. But I got bored so fast. Only fun things were starting, windmill start and landing. It was also annoying that my head was able to leave the cockpit with TrackIR :(

What do you guys do with such planes ingame ? Just doing moves or what ?

Edited by Migo

After the huge disappointment with VRS F-18, I'm not sure if I ever want to pay for addons for FSX.

That is another thing about FSX, in other for it to be somewhat playable, you have to spend so much money buying addons, sad

What was wrong with the VRS SH?

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

What was wrong with the VRS SH?

Engine management, avionics, flight model. Just don't seem right.

Example nozzle position at idle or mil (military power, just before AB) are not right.

No A2G radar, little things like that. It's a pretty skin, that's about it. Definitely not worth 40 bucks.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sorry Guys this is my thread on the A2A Simulations P-51D Mustang

Thank YOu:thumbup:

So, how does it compare to the video I posted? You never answer that

To whom it may concern,