Operation Hangover

I’ve made a simple mission for the Mustang. No need to change weapons before takeoff and easy targets, just get those suckers with your gun.

Operation Hangover - Singleplayer mission for DCS P-51D with wingman. Release 1.1 © HiJack (mission made the day after a party)

attachment.php?attachmentid=65392&d=1336152235

Meet up with flight "Chevy" over the city of Kutaisi city WP1. Fly together with "Chevy" to initial point (IP) at waypoint 2. Follow the mission route to waypoint 3 and keep a good eye on the road. Take out enemy units protecting the train stations along the route.

SCR-522 Radio usage:

A = 105AM - Wingman

B = 134AM - Kutaisi airport

Important key sequences:

Kneeboard ON/OFF = RSHIFT + K

Kneeboard Next Page = ]

Kneeboard Previous Page = [

Kneeboard Mark Point = RCTRL + K

Kneeboard Glance View = K

Mission is available on DCS User files:

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/178992/

865246590_OperationHangower_brief-1_of_1_1280x1024.thumb.jpg.099af4eeb331cf5cd75d67a92f846996.jpg

Very nice. Thanks.:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Mission is a blast. Thank ya much!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Nice, but simple mission.

I enjoyed it! Gave me a good 'WWII feel' with those trains hanging around and the AAA and old trucks.

Simple just because the bombs and rockets is a bit more challenging. And of course the fact that I wanted a mission that worked without any problems in the beta. The point of the mission is also to make the player use ground as a refference to locate the targets. I'm glad folks like it ;)

More advanced missions take more time to make and needs more testing if things work or not.

(HJ)

EDIT: And it was all made a day after a party :P

More advanced missions take more time to make and needs more testing if things work or not.

You have a point there...

Your mission will most likely be compatible with many more beta versions to come. :thumbup:

'Frett'

Errr...how do I say this? I find that I occasionally sponaneously explode on the ramp with this mission. I also made a different version, the only change being the addition of an identical P-51 and setting both planes as clients. On that mission also, first my buddy blew up. Then, as I laughed at his presumed incompetence, I blew apart as well. Not blaming you as there is obviously nothing in the mission to cause this carnage. Anyway, when I/we did get off the ground, a good time was had. Thanks.

Errr...how do I say this? I find that I occasionally sponaneously explode on the ramp with this mission. I also made a different version, the only change being the addition of an identical P-51 and setting both planes as clients. On that mission also, first my buddy blew up. Then, as I laughed at his presumed incompetence, I blew apart as well. Not blaming you as there is obviously nothing in the mission to cause this carnage. Anyway, when I/we did get off the ground, a good time was had. Thanks.

Must have something to do with the fact that this mission is made for 1.1.2.0. I will upload an updated one for 1.1.2.1 asap!

(HJ)

Must have something to do with the fact that this mission is made for 1.1.2.0. I will upload an updated one for 1.1.2.1 asap!

(HJ)

Same thing happened to me. I heard an aircraft flying over and then it was like it dropped and bomb and I exploded. No kidding. My second and third try I was once stuck on the parking apron and another time when I had taxied to the runway and then stopped. I was stuck like i was in cement. It happened in the beta of the A-10 on occasions as well and was documented and had to go thru a fix.

On another note, I tried making a mission and had been away from the A-10 quite some time (I had posted missions there for single player) and am not up to speed again. Anayone out there have any single missions to share?

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

Downloaded the mission but it downloads as a ".man" file and I am unable to load the mission. I changed it to ".miz" and there are no enemy units and only my plane with waypoints. Help..?

That was strange. Never heared of a mission just loosing the enemy before. What browser are you using when downloading? Try Opera browser ;)

That was strange. Never heared of a mission just loosing the enemy before. What browser are you using when downloading? Try Opera browser ;)

I tried EI and Mozila... everytime I download the file it is named "Operation Hangover-1.2.man"... the ".man" file extention its not reconized by DCS, so I changed it to ".miz" and when I then run the mission all there is, is just my single mustang with waypoints leading to where I guess the enemy should be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

Thank you!

An excellent mission for practicing navigation and AG skills and also very fun!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I tried EI and Mozila... everytime I download the file it is named "Operation Hangover-1.2.man"... the ".man" file extention its not reconized by DCS, so I changed it to ".miz" and when I then run the mission all there is, is just my single mustang with waypoints leading to where I guess the enemy should be.

Hey DDSSTT. I've updated the file in the user file section but it will take some time before the moderator accept the change. Try to download again later.

(HJ)

Hey DDSSTT. I've updated the file in the user file section but it will take some time before the moderator accept the change. Try to download again later.

(HJ)

Thank you very much! I love this Game and am looking forward to your mission but the Game hates me some times...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

Thank you very much! I love this Game and am looking forward to your mission but the Game hates me some times...

You are welcome. The new update still have status "checking" in userfiles. I have no control ower how long time that is taking. It will eventually be available ;)

(HJ)

• 1 year later...