Can't install FC3

Jeans

So, when I get to installing FC3 I get the following message: Can't install FC# 1.2.2.7122 into newer DCS World 1.2.2.7204. Please, download FCS 1.2.2.7204 installer. I cannot find anything remotely like that. Please help.

Edited by Jeans

• ED Team

Sorry.

We'll fix it, or provide a workaround ASAP.

WORKAROUND: return your DCS World to a previous version.

In the command line (or .bat file) in the game directory run

bin\dcs_updater.exe update :1.2.2.7122

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

can a mod please merge this thread with this one?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1602474#post1602474

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

there isnt hit windows key and r to bring up run then type in cmd window will popup

then cd.. twice to get to your root directory should be C:\

type in cd then where you installed dcs world

then cd into the bin folder

copy and paste dcs_updater update :1.2.2.7122 into the cmd window when your in the bin directory and it will start up the auto updater and then just wait till it finishes once its done then you can install FC3

Moses

195th Dambusters Forever

Chippy Ho

Before I do this... will this mess up the game or prevent future updates? With the latest patch the rest of the modules are running better than they ever have.

No, it'll be fine. Should you get stuck again, c0ff will set you straight :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
Before I do this... will this mess up the game or prevent future updates? With the latest patch the rest of the modules are running better than they ever have.

Don't worry.

After you revert to 1.2.2.7122, you just install your FC3 and then - feel free to update to the latest version.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

there isnt hit windows key and r to bring up run then type in cmd window will popup

then cd.. twice to get to your root directory should be C:\

type in cd then where you installed dcs world

then cd into the bin folder

copy and paste dcs_updater update :1.2.2.7122 into the cmd window when your in the bin directory and it will start up the auto updater and then just wait till it finishes once its done then you can install FC3

"CD\ " , Then "CD Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS\BIN" , Then "dcs_updater.exe update :1.2.2.7122"

no need to CD.. repeatedly. two commands, execute, done.

Or copy/ paste "dcs_updater.exe update :1.2.1.7122" into notepad and save as a .BAT File in the /DCS World/ folder, simple...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

same thing, file path,

today's generation doesnt know dos syntax / commands..

imagine having to write and build a boot disk floppy to play certain games...

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I created a wiki entry of this case in the FC3 Troubleshooting corner

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Troubleshooting:FC3:Installer

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Frustrating.

Okay... I have finally gotten the DCS World part of this mess reverted back to the previous version. Now I am trying to install the FC3 Beta installation and it asks me for an activation key in order to install.

I thought perhaps it wants my Serial Number for my FC2 install. Unfortunately, that did not work. Do I have to make a $39 purchase of another serial number in order to try this beta out?

I thought perhaps it wants my Serial Number for my FC2 install. Unfortunately, that did not work. Do I have to make a $39 purchase of another serial number in order to try this beta out?

Weired question and somehow wrong thread. But yes, you need to purchase the Game as all the others

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Weired question and somehow wrong thread. But yes, you need to purchase the Game as all the others

Hmm... well, I apologize. I didn't feel it was a wired question at all. I didn't realize it was a requirement to purchase a BETA version of any game.

Which forum thread should I have been asking this question?

A fix for right now http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1602482&posted=1#post1602482

Or according to CoFF it will be fixed tomorrow on the ED servers

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

I have no idea what to do with this zip file or how to apply it. As much as I enjoy the games ED makes, the patching system is prehistoric, complicated, and disorganized. I have never done so much research in my life on how to get both A-10 C and FC3 properly working with DCS World.

Every time DCS announces a new patch this is what comes to mind when it is released.

salmon-birdsnest-over-run.jpg

;)

salmon-birdsnest-over-run.jpg&w=350&h=267&ei=RlCkUMXhC5HK9gSqlIHYDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=175&vpy=149&dur=1987&hovh=196&hovw=257&tx=147&ty=215&sig=110961497943053058983&page=1&tbnh=135&tbnw=169&start=0&ndsp=50&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:77

I have no idea what to do with this zip file or how to apply it. As much as I enjoy the games ED makes, the patching system is prehistoric, complicated, and disorganized. I have never done so much research in my life on how to get both A-10 C and FC3 properly working with DCS World.

Every time DCS announces a new patch this is what comes to mind when it is released.

What (the hell) are you talking about? The patching system now works all alone and automatically at all...

If you´re talking about the file provided by C0ff on the first page, so try this.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 4 weeks later...

Good day guys!

Following issues, please advise:

Ran Lock On vs 1 from CD.

Tried to register as per default Ubi Soft registration schedule after installtion, was told I was not connected to the internet. I was..:)

OK, ignored it and kept going with installing DCS world from DCS download section.

Installed DCS world, got this error message:

(German)

1DCSworld.jpg

"Could not start application because MSVCP100.dII was not found. New installtion of the application could solve the problem."

Then I purchased, downloaded and tried to install Flaming Cliffs 3 Beta:

Same issue, after assumingly installing some files, the installer told me the exact same thing.

Please give me a heads up, I also downloaded the file mentioned here...

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Troubleshooting:FC3:Installer

So far no idea how to proceed.

Chrs

Tom

Ah, PS:

During first download and also atm, as I try to re-download DCS world, I got the following message upon chosing an alternate download server after another failed for the final segment:

First, form to put in password etc and then this message:

503: Login incorrect.

Argh.

So far this was really not easy.