A-10C Formation Flight Fundamentals Training

AFAlinebacker42

So far as I can tell, I can cold start (start from ramp). Don't know how to set up the radios but I do TS well. I would love to join if you'll have me.

1800Z 23FEB14 is a little after noon for me on a Sunday.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

According to revision 8 all that's mentioned is "after EGI INS alignment is complete" which I can only assume would be after the requisite 4 minutes.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=29

Phenomenal checklist by the way, for those of you who are looking for what is likely the most complete available.

(Kudos to Paulrkiii)

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

32. IFFCC preflight BIT - Check (3 minutes minimum after starting EGI

alignment).

I usually follow that and the BIT finishes about a minute after my EGI does.

I usually load DTC during EGI align to save time, and wait for alignment to complete before checking/inputting data in the CDU (last time I set data before align it was reset after align completed and I had to do it over again anyway, but I haven't checked since 1.2.7).

AFAlinebacker42:

Everything still go for 1800Z 23FEB14 (This Sunday)? I still want to participate.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

All,

Update on time for ops and teamspeak information. First a big thanks to the community for those who have reached out to sponsor the session on TS. We have decided to host on our own server.

Please join TS on 216.52.148.11:8990 in the "Flight 2" channel.

Update on time of operations - due to more PM's on this topic, final time for this sunday is 1900Z (1400 EST).

Roster:

1. MadCow Cold Start

2. Glamdring Cold Start (Not Planned to be Present)

3. ApoNOOB Cold Start

4. COLT Cold Start

5. Nealius Cold Start (Warm back-up provided)

6. Nigglascage Cold Start

7. Tartan_Piper Cold Start

8. Thumper_388 Cold Start

9. Bix Cold Start (Battle Creek skin)

10. nickexists Cold Start

11. HMA Cold Start

12. Funkster Cold Start

13. ctannell Cold Start

14. IASGATG Cold Start

I will have 28 aircraft in total on the ramp.

Regarding the recording, the live-stream will be linked (link to be provided later). The written reference material will also be provided tomorrow for anyone wanting to study prior to Sunday.

Plan on being flight lead and flying wing with one other buddy whom you may or may not know.

Linebacker

I'm in, I'm a strict A10C V-Pilot, Cold Start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Am I too early looking for that manual?

I got my self on TS Flight 2, I'm working on my Coms, If some one has TARS setup, I could use a partner in radio checks, any one is invited. I'll be working on my Arial Refuel but I'll have ears on TS. I'm Easter Time its 1210 now if some one has nothing better to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Update:

1. MadCow Cold Start

2. Glamdring Cold Start (Not Planned to be Present)

3. ApoNOOB Cold Start

4. COLT Cold Start

5. Nealius Cold Start (Warm back-up provided)

6. Nigglascage Cold Start

7. =Mac= Cold Start

8. Thumper_388 Cold Start

9. Bix Cold Start (Battle Creek skin)

10. nickexists Cold Start

11. HMA Cold Start

12. Funkster Cold Start

13. ctannell Cold Start

14. IASGATG Cold Start

15. spokejockey Cold Start

AFI11-248 for USAF Primary T-6 training is found here. Chapter 9 (pg. 158) covers fundamental two-ship formation. There are other goodies in USAF AFI's that can be learned here, and I highly recommend training to these standards when able.

We will start off with an overview of the basic maintaining of ones position relative to another aircraft.

Following, we will demonstrate and execute a multiple two-ship section take-off. Two-ship pairs of A-10's will then proceed along flight plan and swap roles as flight lead and wingman.

We will finish up with 4-ship formation, introducing elements. Formation maneuvers will be taught, and we will cover any questions you have along the way.

Roster

Flight 1 (MadCow - Flight Lead)

Element 1 - MadCow (lead) Glamdring (wingman)

Element 2 - ApoNOOB (lead) Nealius (wingman)

Flight 2 (Colt - Flight Lead)

Element 3 - ColtRouge (lead) IASGATG (wingman)

Element 4 - Nigglascage (lead) =Mac= (wingman)

Flight 3 (Thumper - Flight Lead)

Element 5 - Thumper_388 (lead) Bix (wingman)

Element 6 - nickexists (lead) HMA (wingman)

Flight 4 (Funk - Flight Lead)

Element 7 - Funkster (lead) ctannell (wingman)

Element 8 - spokejockey (lead) wingman TBD

Instructor 1 - Simis

Instructor 2 - linebacker

Live stream and recording will be shown at twitch.

What a great document, the study just never ends.

Funk, thanks for volunteering for lead....Heeahee... I shouldn't be too bad. I'll be On TS NLT 1300 EST. I don't have TARS running yet, and I'm most certain it will not be used here.

thank you for this opportunity, I'm really looking forward to this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]