Without mirrors - >60FPS, With Mirrors - 10FPS

H-var

For example, P-51, with the mirror I get stable 10FPS however when I retract it, performance rises and FPS stays at stable >60FPS.

This is an anomaly of programming. 6x performance drop only because of the mirror is ridiculous. This is very annoying, but I have to admit, this is more funny than annoying. :doh:

..and when will you finally fix the spelling error "УКРАЇНСКІ СОКОЛИ" on the MiG-29's?

2. The DCS MOVIE information!

4. REAL UFO FOOTAGE

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days, and doesn't die

government: gives me money because of coronavirus

me: spends all money on the missing DCS modules

government: ... you dumbo! We won't give you money anymore

me: It's ok. I don't need anything else - I now have the entire DCS collection

my cat: looking at the empty bowl for a while and goes back to sleep

me: it's hard times, Mig, suck it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mirrors have always wreaked havoc on frame rates brah.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

I don't believe you get 60fps without mirrors and 10fps with mirrors (in exact same situation). At worst mirrors can 1/2 your FPS, so from 60->10 it can't be right... you must be exaggerating, so can you provide screenshots to show FPS in game (in exact same situation)?

No longer active in DCS...

With the new Open beta Update, Im finally able to use mirrors and not get a impact on performance. Streaming right now with mirrors in a10c.

http://www.twitch.tv/will4111/

My point being, their must of been some fix for mirrors that must of broke p51's? i don't have the p51 module to verify. Sorry.

Edited by will-
comment.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

I don't believe you get 60fps without mirrors and 10fps with mirrors (in exact same situation). At worst mirrors can 1/2 your FPS, so from 60->10 it can't be right... you must be exaggerating, so can you provide screenshots to show FPS in game (in exact same situation)?

Depends on his graphics settings.

My current system is ''heavily tuned'' to run DCS and I am only getting 1.5/4 deduction in fps when turning mirrors on.

I run DCS on a laptop motherboard that I repaired after customer refused to pay for the repair and left it for spares :). i5 420M cpu, GT420M graphics chip and 4Gb ram.

overclocked gpu to 643Mhz from 500Mhz and vram to 973Mhz from 800 plus heavily optimized windows. External 24'' monitor and DCS settings:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.a0b00c36c601a16559e08bfedfdcfc9f.jpg

I get 25-30 fps average.

With mirrors on average fps drops to 15-17.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I have been wondering if tweaking the mirrors.lua might cut down on the FPS hit, since it looks to have some similar settings to the other terrain view luas.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have to agree... Just had to make a few tests in the P-51:

Flying over water (2000 m)

With mirror: 126 fps

Without mirror: 133 fps

Difference: 7 fps

Flying over Sochi (2000 m)

With mirror: 96 fps

Without mirror: 107 fps

Difference: 11 fps

Flying over Sochi (low altitude)

With mirror: 62 fps

Without mirror: 78 fps

Difference: 16 fps

Sure, the mirror makes a difference in framerate but no where near what O.P. states. Makes me think there is something wrong with the system DCS is played on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64