DSMS Upload is not working for me

DarkCrow

Hi everybody,

Just want to say I have had this sim for awhile but just started digging into it and it is amazing. Great job ED!

Anyway, over the past few months I have been playing I haven't had any issues with the DSMS Inventory. However I have not been going through the start-up procedure, just starting on the ramp hot. (These are all missions I have created with the mission editor) I have now learned the start-up procedure and wanted to start from the ramp cold in the mission I have created but I can not get the weapon stores on DSMS to show the weapon after multiple attempts to upload. I'm getting the note in the MFCD, something like " DSMS CMBT " something or another. The TAD is showing the map but not showing my waypoints either.

I have also tried starting from the ramp hot and I'm having the same issue (DSMS not uploaded).My waypoints were on the hot start though. I have also tried starting form the runway. When Creating a fast mission with the same load out from the runway the weapons were correctly uploaded. Any ideas?

Just went into several of my old created missions that have hot starts and the DSMS is uploaded fine. It's only in this new mission I created that it is a problem. I even deleted my flight and recreated it starting on the runway hot and same issue. Left MFCD says DSMS INVTRY CMBT and DSMS is not uploaded. Tried to load all several times and tried loading just the DSMS and still not working.

Yeah, I tried that too in that mission and it didn't work. I even rearmed with just two bombs in the mission and still didn't work. I created a bran new mission with hot start on the ramp with the same load out I used in that mission and it worked. I'm not sure, but this may be a bug.

In the sim (and unlike real life, obviousyl), the DTC (Data Transfer Cartridge) will always contain the current loadout of your A-10, so you should be able to refresh the DSMS page at any time. Because the TAD isn't showing your waypoints either, I'm thinking you've just been forgetting to press the "LOAD ALL" button when the DTS UPLOAD page comes up, which will start the full DTS upload.

I have now learned the start-up procedure and wanted to start from the ramp cold in the mission I have created but I can not get the weapon stores on DSMS to show the weapon after multiple attempts to upload.

You should simply save the track of your start-up and post it here, then we can take a look. You should post the mission as well.

Shout out if you need help on saving tracks or how to upload them to the forum. :)

Edit: Oh, and what version of DCS are you using?

OP- are you doing this in a custom mission?

I know in the past I've had a similar issue when I used the "prepare mission" function in the ME. I had to take the mission down to a zip file, extract it and then go into the mission folder and delete the warehouse file... I think it was warehouse. If you didn't have a bunch of elaborate settings you might just try deleting everything but the mission file.

Once you repackage it, you'll have to go back and reset some of the settings... (if you deleted everything) but at least that way you know it'll be all good again.

This may not have anything to do with it- but the symptoms are familiar to me.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

That is probably it ENO. I did not use the prepare mission function on any of my other missions, only this one. I usually just use the fly mission to scope everything out as I build it. Thank you all for the help, I bet ENO nailed it!

Just tried another mission I just built without using the prepare mission function and went through the start-up procedure and I had no issues with the DSMS uploading. Thank you ENO. Oh, and Yurgon the reason my way points weren\t showing up in the TAD is because my steer point selector was not yet set to flight plan lol. Just discovered that when I did this new mission and passed the load all stage in the start-up procedure.

Edited by DarkCrow

• 4 months later...

Take what down to a zip file? When I do a prepare mission it just loads the game and asked me to select an aircraft. I am now having this issue because I tried the 'prepare mission' option by mistake when I misclicked.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...it just loads the game and asked me to select an aircraft...

Plane selection screen comes up, if you placed Planes in the mission editor with skill set to Client, not Player. Its for Multiplayer purpose to get the Plane selection windows when joining a server.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Go to the mission file itself and change it to a .zip instead of a .miz. Just delete miz and write zip. Go in and delete the folders in there- leave mission file, options and maybe warehouse. Delete dsms folder, views etc.

(Back up the original file first, of course. )

Then just close it and make it a miz again.

Make sure your windows is configured to "view extensions on known file types " otherwise it won't change back.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

• 4 weeks later...
change it to a .zip instead of a .miz. Delete dsms folder, views etc.

Hah, thank you!

The uncooperative DTC/DSMS issue has been driving me crazy in my testing mission. I must have clicked Prepare Mission at some point by accident. Your .miz file surgery tip worked perfectly.

:thumbup: