DCS 1.2.7.23803 Release Update 1 "Target unlock" gone for Mig-29 & SU-27/33

fjacobsen

"Target unlock" is not in the key listing for the FC3 MIG-29's, SU-27 & SU-33.

Maybe it got wrecked with the changes to the F-15C in DCS 1.2.7.23803 Release Update 1.

Copying the the control files from initial DCS 1.2.7 does not work.

This means that You need to turn the radar off/on inorder to aquire another target.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Just checked my 1.2.7.23803 install and Target Unlock is there (I checked Su-27 and 33)

Probably you input files are messed up, delete them from saved games folder for aircraft you want (just the keyboard one) and let the game recreate it.

No longer active in DCS...

No...

The old input files needs to be deleted and controller inputs re-assigned.

I just found that "Target unlock" has changed to "Return to search" in the key listing for the mentioned aircrafts.

I´m sure that if Your current key assignment is named "Target unlock" then it won´t unlock the target.

Key listing seems to have changed not only for the F-15C with 1.2.7.23803 Release Update 1, but also for the Russian fighters.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Yup, I said to delete your input file from saved games folder and let the game make one again.

Anyway, my 1.2.7 install still shows as "Target Unlock"... I have seen in Tester version it is renamed to "Return to search"... but it's the same key press and it still works in both installs.

I guess I haven't deleted my input files from 1.2.7 but as it still works I didn't notice it.

Yup, I said to delete your input file from saved games folder and let the game make one again.

Anyway, my 1.2.7 install still shows as "Target Unlock"... I have seen in Tester version it is renamed to "Return to search"... but it's the same key press and it still works in both installs.

I guess I haven't deleted my input files from 1.2.7 but as it still works I didn't notice it.

For me the "old" "Target unlock" did not work after installing the update into the DCS 1.2.7 BETA. Thus I deleted my input files and initially saw that the "Target unlock" key was missing.

After my first post I found that a new "Return to search" key event had been added to the russian aircraft.

I wonder how same DCS version can act differently !

Are You absolutely sure that You have tested the "Unlock target" event on the Russian fighters from FC3 with current beta version ?

Maybe as a tester You have different files.

FinnJ

Yeah, I am 100% sure... my input files were still showing "Target Unlock" because I didn't delete them when this change came about and it was still working so I never noticed it.

Just before I deleted my input files and remade them and now its shows "Return to search".

I removed F-15C folder and now I have:

Radar - Return to Search/NDTWS -> Backspace

Unlock TWS Target -> No key assigned

Is that correct?

In the log says: F-15C. TWS. Added command 'Return To Search/NDTWS'. 'Unlock TWS Target' renamed to 'Target Unlock' command. Should be the other way around: "Target Unlock renamed to Unlock TWS Target".

Edited by splash

what i did was just remove the old line from the lua, and replace it with the new line, no need to redo your binds.

A good way to handle this is to copy your existing keyboard file out to a safe place. Run the sim and go into the aircraft control setup so a new, clean keyboard file is created. Then compare the old file you moved with the newly created file. You can just eyeball it, or use something like WinMerge.

You can then add/remove/replace needed lines.

If you see extensive or structural differences in the new file, you may want to just go ahead and rebuild it from scratch.

Always use a text editor that keeps the existing format like notepad++.

Edited by Paganus
editor note/typo

Target unlock not working for me and i dont want to reassign controls. How did you do that?

find the default keyboard and joystick lua, in the flaming cliffs folder for your aircraft (DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Flaming Cliffs\Input), get your saved keyboard and joystick profiles, find the return to search line in the new ones, and the target unlock line in the old one and just copy and replace the old line with the new, i recommend using notepad++.

then when you go to options and load the profiles again you should be able to bind return to search.

heres the line you need to replace just so its easier

{combos = {{key = 'Back'}}, down = iCommandSensorReset, name = 'Return To Search', category = 'Sensors'},

the keyboard

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN4"}}, down = iCommandSensorReset, name = "Return To Search", category = "Sensors"},

the joystick.

copy it with the comma, you can also change the joy button with what ever joystick button you use.

Edited by karambiatos
  • Like 1

• ED Team
find the default keyboard and joystick lua, in the flaming cliffs folder for your aircraft (DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Flaming Cliffs\Input), get your saved keyboard and joystick profiles, find the return to search line in the new ones, and the target unlock line in the old one and just copy and replace the old line with the new, i recommend using notepad++.

then when you go to options and load the profiles again you should be able to bind return to search.

heres the line you need to replace just so its easier

the keyboard

the joystick.

copy it with the comma, you can also change the joy button with what ever joystick button you use.

Don't forget to do that with Su-25, Su-25T and A-10A as well.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Why is it so difficult? I tried, does not work. Please fix DCS. Tired of me getting it repaired.

What is so difficult? The controls changed, your old controls setup files will not work. Either let the sim create new ones and reassign or edit the files (very carefully). DCS is working just the way it should.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I removed F-15C folder and now I have:

Radar - Return to Search/NDTWS -> Backspace

Unlock TWS Target -> No key assigned

Is that correct?

yes, its correct. The old "Target Unlock" worked for TWS locks only if cursor was placed over same TWS lock target then pressed to unlock... this one should now be "Unlock TWS Target". I think this one by default does not have keyboard presses assigned to it so you'll need to add some yourself.

The "Radar - Return to Search/NDTWS" is the old "Target Unlock" (same command I think) but now works without having the cursor placed on TWS locked target.

I haven't tested this properly but I think difference between two would be:

1. you lock 2 contact in TWS

2. "Unlock TWS Target" would be used to unlock one of the contacts (where cursor would be placed over designated contact), the other TWS lock should stay locked.

3. "Radar - Return to Search/NDTWS" would be used where you can leave cursor away from locked TWS contacts, and by doing so both will be unlocked

now if anyone can try this to confirm/deny that would be good

yes, its correct. The old "Target Unlock" worked for TWS locks only if cursor was placed over same TWS lock target then pressed to unlock... this one should now be "Unlock TWS Target". I think this one by default does not have keyboard presses assigned to it so you'll need to add some yourself.

The "Radar - Return to Search/NDTWS" is the old "Target Unlock" (same command I think) but now works without having the cursor placed on TWS locked target.

I haven't tested this properly but I think difference between two would be:

1. you lock 2 contact in TWS

2. "Unlock TWS Target" would be used to unlock one of the contacts (where cursor would be placed over designated contact), the other TWS lock should stay locked.

3. "Radar - Return to Search/NDTWS" would be used where you can leave cursor away from locked TWS contacts, and by doing so both will be unlocked

now if anyone can try this to confirm/deny that would be good

Spot on, just tried it and it works exactly how you described.

• Like 1