Flyables Selection

Azref

Hi all, slightly confused here when choosing rewards. Is the DCS World P51 and DCS World FW 190 the same as the DCS WWII versions?

Meaning if i own the P-51 and FW-190 in DCS World can i fly them in DCS WWII or do i need to select them as flyables in the rewards menu. :helpsmilie:

This is just availability date.

DCS P-51 is already available.

DCS WWII is not available yet, so you can only fly the P-51 in DCS, but not in DCS WWII.

DCS FW-190 will be ready soon.

DCS WWII will be ready later, so you'll be able to fly the DCS FW-190 earlier than the DCS WWII version.

In other words, you would select the DCS (not WWII) versions of these planes so you can fly them when they are available, before DCS WWII is ready.

@Luthier:

If someone already has DCS : P51D, will he be able to fly this airplane in DCS:WW2 without selecting it now as a 'flyable'?

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Luthier1, I just looked at the flyables and neither the P51 nor the FW 190 have an option titled DCS P51 OR FW 190 versus DCS WWII P51 OR DCS WWII FW 190?

Did I miss something here, lol??? No big deal, but your response is a little confusing to me?

S!Blade

Edit: the DCS P51 & FW190 are available in the reward choice section. I have seen the light.=-O

Edited by Blade_meister

@Luthier:

If someone already has DCS : P51D, will he be able to fly this airplane in DCS:WW2 without selecting it now as a 'flyable'?

If I remember correctly, any plane you own and can fly in DCS: World you will be able to fly in DCS: WWII. So if you already own the P51 for World, you don't need to select it as a flyable for WWII, UNLESS you want two copies of the P51, say to give to a friend. Hope that helps!

And I think what luthier is talking about is the P51 and the 190 in the >REWARDS< area of the selection drop-downs, if you choose either plane as a reward it is basically early access to the WWII planes, but you will only be able to fly them in DCS: World for now.

Edited by HonorNecris

Luthier1, I just looked at the flyables and neither the P51 nor the FW 190 have an option titled DCS P51 OR FW 190 versus DCS WWII P51 OR DCS WWII FW 190?

Did I miss something here, lol??? No big deal, but your response is a little confusing to me?

S!Blade

DCS: P51D and DCS: Dora are only available at higher pledge levels, where you can select them as your reward.

If you pledged $40, you get all the airplanes for DCS:WW2, but not for DCS:World.

DCS:World version of FW190 is actually only available at Matrix 2 or higher ($80 pledge level, which got you two extras).

DCS:World version of P51D was available at $60 level.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

To save confusion, for now I'd select 1 of each aircraft in the flyables section, thats what i've done, plus any additional P-51 or Dora keys i wanted under the rewards section.

Luthier's responce is a little confusing for me over this tbh.

Obviously i don't want 2 copies of the Dora or P-51 for DCS WWII but it doesn't make sense to pick 2 of any flyable for DCS WWII, as they are my only other options.

Edited by Azref

Obviously i don't want 2 copies of the Dora or P-51 for DCS WWII but it doesn't make sense to pick 2 of any flyable for DCS WWII, as they are my only other options.
Speaking of which, didn't they say the P-47 would be free? What happens if someone doesn't select that flyable at all? Then would they still have that since it is free?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think there are some key questions raised by the way the kickstarter reward page works: specifically the way flyables for DCS WW2 are selected and the codes for DCS world planes.

Currently we have the option to pick 6 planes from the DCS WW2 flyable list. It appears at first glance that this is not restricted to one of each - instead there is the potential to pick multiples of the same aircraft from this list. Is this correct or just the way it is set out currently?

Secondarily, if codes for the DCS world rewards planes - the P51 & FW190 - are to be transferred for use in DCS WW2, what happens to the selection of the P-51 and FW-190 from the DCS WW2 flyable list? I would assume that we will get just the one set of activation codes for these aircraft for DCS world, so we can fly them earlier, or is it that extra codes will be sent out to such backers if they select the P51 and FW190 from both the reward list and flyable list?

If it is that extra codes will be sent out to such backers, it kind of seems as if there might be the potential to select the P51 and FW190 from the reward section and then use these "free slots" in the flyable section to get extra aircraft? For example, if the P51 and FW190 come from the rewards section, the 6 slots in the flyable section could be used to select e.g. the Spit, P47, & me-262 and remaining 3 for 3 lots of 109s? Or simply get two lots of the P51 and FW190, both that can be used in DCS WW2 to go along with the other flyables? This doesn't seem right to me but maybe it is confusing?

Edited by Bounder

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

I think there are some key questions raised by the way the kickstarter reward page works: specifically the way flyables for DCS WW2 are selected and the codes for DCS world planes.

Currently we have the option to pick 6 planes from the DCS WW2 flyable list. It appears at first glance that this is not restricted to one of each - instead there is the potential to pick multiples of the same aircraft from this list. Is this correct or just the way it is set out currently?

Secondarily, if codes for the DCS world rewards planes - the P51 & FW190 - are to be transferred for use in DCS WW2, what happens to the selection of the P-51 and FW-190 from the DCS WW2 flyable list? I would assume that we will get just the one set of activation codes for these aircraft for DCS world, so we can fly them earlier or is it that extra codes will be sent out to such backers if they select the P51 and FW190 from both the reward list and flyable list?

It remains to be seen if owning the DCS: P51 module automatically grants you the P51 in DCS:WW2.

I've heard mention of this back during the Kickstarter campaign (that you shouldn't have to buy the same airplane twice), but at this moment it appears that the two games are strictly separated and that selecting a P51D REWARD (for DCS:World) doesn't necessarily mean you'll have it in DCS:WW2, if you don't select the P51 in the Flyables section as well.

It's really looking complicated... While I have no issue on the topic (already have the Mustang, and have selected the DCSW version of FW190 on top of the Flyable DCSWW2 Dora), I'd love to hear what the official policy on this is.

It remains to be seen if owning the DCS: P51 module automatically grants you the P51 in DCS:WW2.

I've heard mention of this back during the Kickstarter campaign (that you shouldn't have to buy the same airplane twice), but at this moment it appears that the two games are strictly separated and that selecting a P51D REWARD (for DCS:World) doesn't necessarily mean you'll have it in DCS:WW2, if you don't select the P51 in the Flyables section as well.

It's really looking complicated... While I have no issue on the topic (already have the Mustang, and have selected the DCSW version of FW190 on top of the Flyable DCSWW2 Dora), I'd love to hear what the official policy on this is.

Would definitely be good to hear what the official policy on it is. I seem to remember the same thing and the way I understood it was the P51 and FW190 from DCS world will work in DCS WW2, the models are the same. Maybe there is a need for separate licences for DCS world and DCS WW2 now? Or maybe it is just the way the rewards section is set out at the mo and one licence will work for both?

The two sections on the rewards site kind of make sense in regards to the rewards from the actual kickstarter website: 1st section lists the aircraft we get as flyable if we backed with the $40 and then the 2nd section is where we pick specific rewards depending on our choice. What is perhaps a little confusing is the choice in the 1st section since I thought we'd all be getting those aircraft regardless (as long as we'd backed at the level).

Edited by Bounder

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

Hi all, slightly confused here when choosing rewards. Is the DCS World P51 and DCS World FW 190 the same as the DCS WWII versions?

Meaning if i own the P-51 and FW-190 in DCS World can i fly them in DCS WWII or do i need to select them as flyables in the rewards menu. :helpsmilie:

This is just availability date.

DCS P-51 is already available.

DCS WWII is not available yet, so you can only fly the P-51 in DCS, but not in DCS WWII.

DCS FW-190 will be ready soon.

DCS WWII will be ready later, so you'll be able to fly the DCS FW-190 earlier than the DCS WWII version.

In other words, you would select the DCS (not WWII) versions of these planes so you can fly them when they are available, before DCS WWII is ready.

If I was to be cynical I would say the crux of that question by Azref was 'artfully' dodged!

The man would make a good lawyer.

To simplify as language gets lost on internet forums and give everyone the benefit of doubt;

I am buying the 190 in DCS WORLD. I currently own a P51 D in DCS World

1.Do I need to also buy a 190 for DCS WW2 when WW2 is released or will the one i have in WORLD work.

Same with the P51?

Simply put, will the 51/190 flyables in World work in WW2 or are we required to by keys for both platforms.

Thanks

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

My goodness. I already own the DCS P-51. I selected all 6 flyables. Done. Move on with your lives.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

My goodness. I already own the DCS P-51. I selected all 6 flyables. Done. Move on with your lives.

What if you only had 4 flyables to select and own P-51 already as many do here?

;)

I have selected Spit, 109, P-47 and Dora, hoping my P-51 from DCS would be added to them...

Edited by ami7b5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We were told in the past you would not need to buy any aircraft twice. It was stated that the P-51D and FW190-D9 are DCS:World products and will be the same ones used in DCS:WWII

So it seems like you only need to buy those two aircraft once. I selected all the aircraft as well, Gav. Can't hurt to have a few extras to give away to people. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

We were told in the past you would not need to buy any aircraft twice. It was stated that the P-51D and FW190-D9 are DCS:World products and will be the same ones used in DCS:WWII

So it seems like you only need to buy those two aircraft once. I selected all the aircraft as well, Gav. Can't hurt to have a few extras to give away to people. :)

Thank you Merlin.

I will also end up with extra's so in order to give them away I need to know what I need first to configure the selection appropriately.

The world according to Gav does not apply across the board as Ami indicates in his case. The question is valid.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Sorry then. I didn't realize that some only have 4 choices.

What Merlin said is correct. The DCS P-51 and 190 will be useable in DCS WW2.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

High five!

Also, who wouldn't select the Me262 as a flyable? I mean, that baby's just cherry on the cake. :joystick: We will at some point need a Tempest V to counter it, though.

High five!

Also, who wouldn't select the Me262 as a flyable? I mean, that baby's just cherry on the cake. :joystick: We will at some point need a Tempest V to counter it, though.

Yes, what he said! Get the 262! We require sufficient quarry to sustain my dreamed of "Jet Hunting Club" :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

If I was to be cynical I would say the crux of that question by Azref was 'artfully' dodged!

The man would make a good lawyer.

To simplify as language gets lost on internet forums and give everyone the benefit of doubt;

I am buying the 190 in DCS WORLD. I currently own a P51 D in DCS World

1.Do I need to also buy a 190 for DCS WW2 when WW2 is released or will the one i have in WORLD work.

Same with the P51?

Simply put, will the 51/190 flyables in World work in WW2 or are we required to by keys for both platforms.

Thanks

Kickstarter uopdate #11:

Please note that the FW.190 and P-51 aircraft here are the same planes as the available digital extras. The only difference is access date. The aircraft listed in Total Flyables will be available with the main release of DCS WWII, or with the alpha or beta versions if you opt in for the testing program.

Selecting these aircraft in the DCS World application simply allows you to fly their release versions before DCS WWII: Europe 1944 comes out.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I've read everything I can find to get an answer but I'm not quite sure that I have anyway :)

I know, I know. RTFM but here goes nothing.

My Q is this: If I choose two of the same as flyables will I be able to give one away to a friend?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

@ hakjar

yes you can one of the KS pledges was for 2x flyables for give aways.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

well im pretty sure that the answer is a yes...the keys will be handed out via email i think...so there would be nothing what could stop you of giving one key to a friend...

Yes, I received my key by email.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

as I read it.

A flyable is an aircraft for use in DCS WWii ONLY

A reward is an aircraft that can be used in DCS WORLD ONLY

When DCS WWii goes live any purchases will be valid for both WWii & WORLD

the other rewards are as seen.

So if you want P51 & FW190 in both you need to pick them in both flyables and rewards.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup: