Dear regular users of S77th Server

I can see any group wanting the "encourage" the use of TS, because it's so realistic to have to type to people to communicate while flying a combat aircraft.

I really don't understand why there's such a resistance to using TS on the servers.

our own members have to wait hours for a slot to open in the server so they can join in. So lowering the numbers of slots defiantly was not a solution!

previously we would just kick a person who wasn't on teamspeak to make room for our membership.:music_whistling:

I have a feeling there is an alternative motive here otherwise it's simpler to just lower the slot count. If teamspeak is being used as a tool to lower the number of users then I see a serious problem.

Ah. I see now. Thanks for the explanation.

Edit: would you be opposed to someone that wants to listen but not fly? I would like to get a feel for air to air chatter without being distracted with trying not to get shot down.

Edited by kk0425

Ultimately, this should be more fun for everyone, and I highly suggest to people who are uncomfortable with ts to give it a shot and become comfortable, make new friends, learn things, ect.

Oh I have no doubt about that. But some people (granted, not a lot) *cannot* use Teamspeak, for various reasons.

That said, your server, your rules. I wish you more fun with your new settings, and hope to see some of you eguys on another servers, from time to time.

You can leave the server unpassworded but with some reserved slots for community members. That way you keep the player base up and still have room for your own members. Maybe you get less people on TS, but personally i don't really like going on different TS servers as i am always on the TS from the community i'm in and talk there (e.x. when i'm playing with friends there) or i just want to play DCS with some music and don't have to worry about talking or anything. Think about it.

We're sticking with the latest stable builds for now.

@Thymo: You're not the only one with those concerns and s77th definitely does keep things like that in mind.

Edited by runny

You can leave the server unpassworded but with some reserved slots for community members. That way you keep the player base up and still have room for your own members.

this is not possible.

when you host a mission the player value is set on host options screen and your server and amount of slots published to the sever browser.

Previously in Hyperlobby (anybody remember that?) we were able to set player limit in Hyperlobby script but a different value higher value in the game. that worked very well for us.

• 4 months later...

S77th server is password protected again due to a costly bandwidth overage last month. When you log in to http://www.s77th.com the password will be displayed on the top left of the home page.

We suspect the overage was mostly because of the multiple DCS updates last billing period so maybe the password can be removed again in the future.

Edited by runny
Clarification

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, the s77th server is down for a while because we're moving it to a new data center. Although we miss our server we are still playing just as much, raiding the other public servers that squadrons are graciously making public.

Thank you other squadrons and we hope to have our server back pronto.

• 10 months later...