ER's fired at me without but i had no clue

could SU-33's Фи0 (fi's) be the reason?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I read the thread. I know what A.I. is. The question is: did the mission in Message #1 have active AI enemy in it? If not, it was not A.I.

How does ML know it was not IR?

I have a few flyable A.I. mods and the EFA mod for FC2.

See page 140, "Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Flight Manual", the hardcopy book copyrighted 2010, re: IRST and EOS in Russian aircraft.

The Russian IR missile does not need to be an ET designation.

I got hit in MP, never saw it coming. Instantly back on the page to select another aircraft.

How does IFF work in DCS as a fired friendly missile does not acquire a friendly? In VRS Superbug, if my IFF code is not set correctly, friendly missiles will ruin my day.

-+-

I gotta' tell you though, I am becoming less and less active on forums because of unfriendly skies here.

Please, read AGAIN the entire thread SERIOUSLY.

He has the track, and the missile was clearly an ER. We are discussing about the RWR that didn't notice it.

­­­­­­

Because I have a Track I am right?

If he has the track, why didn't he know the Missle was fired from AI or a Player?

And so, he could be wrong by the missels too...! ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Take it easy guys! :)

Like FLANKERATOR said, maybe he was flying more than 30deg constantly so he could not get any warning ;)

But anyway, a track would be helpful to determine the situation :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Maximus said he had his ECM on, HOJ doesn't give a warning.

If the bandit dropped the lock the ER missile would still track on the jammer though the chance to hit is extremely low, this is most probably what happened and why he had no launch warning.

Until there is a track posted there can be no better explanation.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Until there is a track posted there can be no better explanation.

Maximus's track will be about as useless as a pork fillet at a Jewish wedding. A track recorded from the launching aircraft is what will be needed and that's not gonna happen.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you cannot tell the visual difference between an ET and an ER you've got a problem.

He (Maximus) watched the tac file, not the track file. No visual representation (last time I looked) to facilitate differentiation.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

could SU-33's Фи0 (fi's) be the reason?

My thinking, too.

Why would this have anything to do with it, Fi0 mode is for IR missiles only. It doesn't take just Fi0 mode to launch silent IR's they are always silent.

DieHard why are you insisting on an IR missile when it clearly states radar and the reason for this happening with radar has been highlighted a few times now. :doh:

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

While HoJ does not give indication of launch (I am not sure about that), it does give indication of lock right? Because when I fly MP with music on, sometimes I have the lock tone on SPO-15 Beryoza (continuous tone, and red circle lit), from distances much farther than if I had music off. Now that I think of it, perhaps even launch warning is given, as sometimes some novice think they could shoot an HoJ R-27ER at you from 80km and hit.

I think the ECM implementation is very confusing in this aspect - it seems you are constantly radiating, while you would want the ECM work only if someone tries to lock on you to break the lock right? On the other hand, you are constantly radiating to prevent the lock, but then you know when the other guy has locked into your emissions for a HoJ shot.

Anyway it seems that the OP misunderstood something, and I think posting a track from his point of view would help yes, because then we could see the exact range and angle offset between the two aircrafts. And the missile type.

Not sure if this is related but I've had it happen on more than one occasion where an ER that was launched at me will reacquire me and continue to track after lock was broken from the parent aircraft and the parent aircraft is turned away from me. I've had this kill me a few times now since I was under the impression that once an ER has lost lock you are essentially safe from it. I know it stopped then started tracking from watching the track files. This is a rare occasion and I can only test against against AI but it does happen once in a while. Although I do get a warning from the RWR. And ECM is definitely turned off. If I can, I'll do my best to get a track but I don't know how to reproduce it.