new Huey campaign

wolle

Which version of DCS does this campaign work best with?

I ask because new bugs are introduced in new versions of DCS all the time and new versions have come out since this mission was first created...

Would you suggest a Version that works best for this campaign? or does the Newest 1.2.8.27915 work well enough to complete all the features?

Any 1.2.8 version should work fine. It has to be 1.2.8, since the campaign uses sling loads and embarking/disembarking, which have only been introduced in version 1.2.8.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Hi wolle,

I'm really enjoying your campaign. It's tough but fair. Good work!

I'm not able to complete the CAESAR mission though. Everytime I try, I rescue at least one pilot, land at Senaki-Kolkhi, drop the pilot off and it says they will respawn in one minute. However, the mission never ends. Often only one friendly will be shot down at all, and I end up flying around waiting for another casualty. I am constantly checking for downed pilots (F10-F2) but noone responds.

Is there some trigger I'm not tripping?

Cheers.

Hi wolle,

I'm not able to complete the CAESAR mission though. Everytime I try, I rescue at least one pilot, land at Senaki-Kolkhi, drop the pilot off and it says they will respawn in one minute. However, the mission never ends. Often only one friendly will be shot down at all, and I end up flying around waiting for another casualty. I am constantly checking for downed pilots (F10-F2) but noone responds.

Cheers.

Hi etchasketch,

Thanks for your feedback. I will take a look at it tonight. When I test flew the mission, I could finish it. But I will take a look at the exact triggers required to finish the mission, hopefully we'll be able to figure it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Hi wolle,

Cheers.

Hi etchasketch,

I looked at the mission triggers in the CSAR mission, and couldn't find an obvious mistake. I test flew the CSAR mission one more time and I could complete the mission. My track file is attached. Since the mission is dynamic, it will play a little different each time, maybe that explains why you can't complete it. Maybe you can watch the track file to figure out what makes the difference when you fly it. That's all I can come up at the moment.

Wolle

Caesar.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not able to complete the CAESAR mission though. Everytime I try, I rescue at least one pilot, land at Senaki-Kolkhi, drop the pilot off and it says they will respawn in one minute. However, the mission never ends.

Yup, same here. I've tried about 6 times now. Once I got shot down myself, once I crashed because of stupidity, once no friendlies got shot down within 45 minutes, but a couple of times I also picked up one or two downed pilots and successfully delivered them back to Senaki Kolkhi where I got the message that they'll respawn in a minute, but then nothing happens and the score remains at 50 so that the mission has to be repeated over and over again (and I'm sure there were no other downed pilots at the time).

I'm currently running 1.2.8.27915, the only installed mod being Devrim's Mi-8 English Cockpit Mod.

I looked at the mission triggers in the CSAR mission, and couldn't find an obvious mistake. I test flew the CSAR mission one more time and I could complete the mission.

That's weird. For me the mission just never finishes. Unfortunately I didn't save a track of any of my attempts, but if I run into the problem again I'll be sure to post a track.

Speaking of tracks, I just watched yours and it looked good until you got close to Senaki. Then your chopper got shot down and crashed, followed by a couple of script errors. I guess it's the old playback problem. I did fast-forward a lot, that probably didn't help, but the mission is rather long so that I didn't want to watch it unfold in real-time. :(

But thus far I didn't notice any major differences. I like to keep the doors open and set my gunners' ROE to return fire or free fire, but off the top of my head that's about it regarding differences.

Hi Yurgon and Etchasketch,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll take another look at it tonight.

Just want to make sure: you are using the version downloaded from the User Files section, right? The versions I previously posted in this forum indeed had a bug in the CSAR mission that prevented the lua code from properly detecting the end of the mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just want to make sure: you are using the version downloaded from the User Files section, right? The versions I previously posted in this forum indeed had a bug in the CSAR mission that prevented the lua code from properly detecting the end of the mission.

Of course I wasn't using the version from the User Files section - I didn't even know there was an update to the campaign.

I realize it was proposed in this thread to update the first post instead of posting updated missions as follow-ups, and that makes sense. But since you didn't hint to an update (or did I miss something?), why would anyone currently playing the campaign bother checking the first post? :music_whistling:

There's this old German saying: "However you do it, it's wrong." :D

Anyways, I just downloaded the updated campaign from the User Files section and will try the mission again. :smartass:

Edit: The updated mission worked fine, I finally finished it. :)

Edited by Yurgon

Hi Yurgon and Etchasketch,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll take another look at it tonight.

That's fixed it. I managed to notice the 2 mission fixes you posted, but missed that you'd updated the campaign when making it available in User Files.

It might be because of my graphics settings, but the ground units in Caesar that let off a flare when I get near (manpads/downed pilots), do so too far away for me to see. I have to fly closer and F10,F6.

It might be because of my graphics settings, but the ground units in Caesar that let off a flare when I get near (manpads/downed pilots), do so too far away for me to see. I have to fly closer and F10,F6.

I have the same problem. In previous missions I put together I used smoke markers instead of flares. Those are easily visible, but also put a target sign right on the smoke-marked unit (more of a problem in PvP multiplayer missions), so I thought maybe flares are more realistic. I can play with the distance between player and ground unit when a flare is released. I'll try that...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi wolle,

I've played the Sting Like a Bee mission a couple of times now, and I can't get the FM homing on 30Mhz or 30.5Mhz for the 2 drop sites.

Unrelated to your mission, I also wasn't able to use the slingload camera after landing and loading troops.

Otherwise, I liked this mission. I hang around after completing it to see how the MANPADs fight back. Operation Crazy Horse looks fun too. Thanks for making the campaign.

Hi Etchasketch,

Yes, this is indeed a bug. I have already fixed it in my internal version. Most likely I will post an updated version of the campaign each time a new version of DCS World comes out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

I want to fly this Campaign, but unfortunately it doesn´t appear in my Campaign-List.

I´ve tried to to extract it directly in the Campaign-Folder, but there is no way to choose it in the Sim.

Then I tried to extract it in a separatly Folder in the Campaign-Folder, but still nothing in the Game.

When I extract directly to the Mission-Folder I can choose every single mission. But so I don´t know the right order of the Missions.

Can someone help me plz?

Did you try installing to this directory:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Missions\EN\Campaigns

Note that the aircrafts directory was renamed to aircraft in one of the updates.

You need the .miz files and the .cmp file plus any .jpg/.png files for the campaign to play properly.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Hi,

install the Campaign in ...\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\ru

then it appears under "My Campaigns" (not sure what it is called in the english version of DCS..)

at least works for me:)

Ah o.k. german version..so it is under campaigns "eigene"

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Yes, this campaign is broken at the moment, because of at least two things:

i) the "decent" menu that is used for picking up troops has been removed by the devs:thumbdown:

ii) cargos (that can be sling loaded by the choppers) do not behave properly anymore in the lua scripting engine. For example "StaticObject.getByName("cargoName"):getPosition()" returns an "Object doesn't exist in function getPosition" lua error even if a cargo with name "cargoName" has been placed in the mission editor.:cry:

Until those two things get fixed, this campaign is broken. I don't expect a fix soon, since AFAIK neither of the two bugs has even been acknolowdged by the moderators, yet:music_whistling: (may be wrong about this though)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Wolle,

I am waiting for a cargo script functionality patch and my helicopter mission died too. I have mentioned the bug here but fear I posted it in "not the best forum for bugs" and don't want to double post.

I am lurking the forum for an expected fix. It would give me a happy smile if a dev. says: "We know and we will fix it".

merry xmass

:santa:

Edited by piXel496
But Grimes knows :)

Hi Wolle,

I am waiting for a cargo script functionality patch and my helicopter mission died too. I have mentioned the bug here but fear I posted it in "not the best forum for bugs" and don't want to double post.

I am lurking the forum for an expected fix. It would give me a happy smile if a dev. says: "We know and we will fix it".

Hi Pixel,

Wasn't aware of your bug report. Great, hopefully now that two dogs are barking up the same tree, it has a greater chance of getting fixed.:thumbup:

Happy holidays,

Wolle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]