The DCS Harrier...

gamerbwoi

What about Mi-8, UH-1 and Black Shark?

Yes, generally VTOL is indicate for aicrafts but the concept is the same in terms of coding.

Razbam have a list of priority about DCS releases and that's only reasons: nothing about DCS limits for VTOL flight model.

Viceversa they have some problems with FSX: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1847808&postcount=410

Bye

Phant

Stop going on about FSX, This is a DCS forum..

I thought an airframe lifting vertically off the ground, using the power of it's own engine and with zero forward airspeed was a VERTICAL TAKEOFF, unless someone re-wrote the definition. :)

• Like 2

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I thought an airframe lifting vertically off the ground, using the power of it's own engine and with zero forward airspeed was a VERTICAL TAKEOFF, unless someone re-wrote the definition. :)

That's what i mean.

Stop going on about FSX, This is a DCS forum..

Keep calm: i've only linked a DCS Forum old post.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

What about Mi-8, UH-1 and Black Shark?

Yes, generally VTOL is indicate for aicrafts but the concept is the same in terms of coding.

Razbam have a list of priority about DCS releases and that's only reasons: nothing about DCS limits for VTOL flight model.

You really should watch the

Yet again, I quite clearly stated that it wasn't I who said that VTOL wasn't in the DCS engine. May I suggest reading what you respond to?

Bickering deleted. Please leave moderation to, you know, the moderators.

You should always use the report feature on objectionable posts and not engage in mudslinging, that goes double for users who have been around for some time and know the score.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Good to see you chime in Cpt. Smiley. You have been MIA for a while. Hope things are progressing well with the projects you're working on.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks Raven, yeah I'm definitely working on all the things I can right now and doing a lot of parallel flight model work, so there is always plenty to do. My full-time job (also flight sim related) has got me really really busy at the moment so it is hard to find time just to keep up with DCS developments. I'll try to send out an update soon on the coding I've been doing lately.

Sounds awesome sir. I look forward to it!! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to edit the thrust Vector on SFM planes? Or just on EFM planes?

There are control buttons for TV in the keys so I think the devs have plans for thrust vector on some aircraft in the future.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

There are control buttons for TV in the keys so I think the devs have plans for thrust vector on some aircraft in the future.

It was related to the post of the F-16 vectoring edit. The F-16(mod) is EFM and the Harrier(mod) is SFM...

Now I'm no expert when it comes to flight models but as cpt.smiley says, surely it is a case of WHO is doing to coding? Surely the flight model can dictate the forces applied to an aircraft. DCS may not have the functionality included with it but thats by no means to say that it can't be done, it just hasn't been done YET (well as a test it seems it has been).

I doubt there is much that can't be done due to 'Engine Limits'

And as someone else mentioned, the fact there are heli's in the sim already indicates that such forces can and are currently used to a huge extent. While OP could have been a little more sensitive so could quite a few posters on this thread, shooting down his question with supposed facts not actually backed by any evidence!

Cummon people this is not how science works! :p

I have seen this video(vtol of mig21) before,when I search the vid of mig21.And this made me considered they would like to build the plane such like mig-21pd or yak-38.

however,yak-38 wasn't perfect,but she is very interesting for virtual polit,right~

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...