1.2.8 kneeboard tutorial?

Was just messing around with tHe new f-15c getting my x-52 setup and pulled up the kneeboard it shows my flight plan and my first waypoint but that's all I can see.can you zoom the map in or out or move it so you can see other waypoints or does it move as you fly to each waypoint? I've never used the kneeboard before so I don't know much about what it does and doesn't do.are there any tutorials about the kneeboard and the way it functions in 1.2.8?

you have to map the previous and next page keys... the kneeboard will only progress through waypoints set in the mission editor by the mission designer. Thus if the designer only set one waypoint , that is all that will cycle.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

you have to map the previous and next page keys... the kneeboard will only progress through waypoints set in the mission editor by the mission designer. Thus if the designer only set one waypoint , that is all that will cycle.

Thanks doom I didn't know about the page keys.since I designed the mission it has 6 waypoints.

Additional #1, there's a kneeboard mod (from PeterP) in DCS Mods subforum - you may want to look at it.

Additional #2, you can create your own "Kneeboard" folder in C:\{Username}\Saved Games\DCS\ folder, and keep your pages. You can see them by pressing prev. page key while viewing the kneeboard.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hey Devrim

Additional #1, there's a kneeboard mod (from PeterP) in DCS Mods subforum - you may want to look at it.

Additional #2, you can create your own "Kneeboard" folder in C:\{Username}\Saved Games\DCS\ folder, and keep your pages. You can see them by pressing prev. page key while viewing the kneeboard.

can u explain about the procedure? just to create a folder named 'Knee board' ? what kind of file should the docs be? i want to test with RWR recon file so i can learn the signals during flight...

thanks

Edited by Mowgli

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

can u explain about the procedure? just to create a folder named 'Knee board' ? what kind of file should the docs be? i want to test with RWR recon file so i can learn the signals during flight...

thanks

Hi. Yes, just create "Kneeboard" folder into {username}\Saved Games\DCS\

Kneeboard files can in bmp format and in 512x512 px resolution. If you want to get higher details, it can be 1024x1024 px. res.

These new pages will be displayed after DCS's own pages. But I suggest you to look for PeterP's Kneeboard mod. I think you could use customizable kneeboards for each unit in that mod. Very very useful!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• ED Team
Just a quick question.when you press k for the kneeboard is it suppose to stay visible because mine goes away when you let go of the key?

I am not at my pc at the moment, but check your controls there is a on / off command and also a quick view command.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi. Yes, just create "Kneeboard" folder into {username}\Saved Games\DCS\

Kneeboard files can in bmp format and in 512x512 px resolution. If you want to get higher details, it can be 1024x1024 px. res.

These new pages will be displayed after DCS's own pages. But I suggest you to look for PeterP's Kneeboard mod. I think you could use customizable kneeboards for each unit in that mod. Very very useful!

it works mate - thanks.

i would have try the PeterP's Kneeboard mod but it seems that there is no solution to the shaking issue and PeterP said in his post that in the near future he won't deal with this problem

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

No, but when you press SHIFT + K , it will stay visible and you can toggle it on and off with that key combo

Thanks.i was used to the old way where just k was the kneeboard.works great now that I used the right keys.:doh:

I'v done a fair amount of searching and I keep coming across the kneeboard mod. Not what I'm looking for.

I would like to relocate the Kneeboard but I do not want to install a mod to do that. PeterP does great work (I read he's taking a break from the mod) but I just need to simply change the location.

Anyone know where the file that assigns the x,y location is?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried the file .../mods/aircrafts/Su-25t/cockpit/scripts/device_init.lua.

But changing the sz_l, sx_l etc. values do nothing with the kneeboard location.

What is a "viewport" and where is the "viewport" located in v1.2.8?