EA6B Nosewheel Problem

I have been looking at the ISVA_AIR_1.2.6 Mod with some thoughts to bring their EA6B model into 1.2.8, but there is a problem with the nosewheel animation, it does not drop down to ground level, see attached image. I thought it was just a nosewheel error within the PlaneConst.lua but it is not that, it is an error or incompatibility within the .edm file, and I have no means or the talent to correct that.

Can anyone help out ?

If I can correct this I will attempt to seek permission from the developers of ISVA_AIR_1.2.6 to create a mod for DCS World that will bring this lovely model into the game, I already have a updated skinpack of 6 skins ready for it.

Edited by crazyeddie

Not flyable, just AI, for now. Although I do think that could be possible if somebody has the skills to make it flyable.

I do not think you can fix the position of the nose wheel in EA6B.lua, its a problem within the .edm structure. I think this mod was created to work in LFC2 as a .lom file then converted to .edm to work in 1.2.6. I thought it would be possible to bring it into 1.2.8 with some changes to the Liveries files etc etc, but for the moment I have simply replaced the ancient F5 to see if I could get it to work.

Here is the .edm, if somebody can fix it and send it back I will get in touch with the original creator and get his/her permission to create a Mod for 1.2.8.

[ATTACH]98485[/ATTACH]

Men just the edm wont help maybe you can share it throught pm because i need all the luas and staff

Nose Gear problem can only be fixed with the source MAX File.

that's a converted model from fsx but no nose strut animation at all, many model parts in wrong places without animations, no smoothing for fuselage left/right parts etc. :doh:

it better have been legally converted.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Many thanks for doing that mate, but it is causing another small problem with the landing light, see the attached.

The file name is EA-6B-LIGHT.tga, it was working with the wheel in the wrong place, now it has stopped working with it in the correct place. Anything you can do about that ?

Edited by crazyeddie

Nose Gear problem can only be fixed with the source MAX File.

it better have been legally converted.

SkateZilla

Interesting point, which I should consider. I got this from what I thought was a legitimate download from the "Independent Society of Virtual Aviation", which is all in Russian but appears to be a large and well frequented site, so I have assumed it was their creation within a large package of Mods for DCS 1.2.6. I do not run 1.2.6 any more and just wanted to see if it could be brought up to date.

If NGR Vampire is right then perhaps I need to kick this into touch before it gets messy.

Your advice will be welcome.

Eddie

Guys

Having looked a lot harder after the last couple of posts I am pretty certain this model is the original FSX release from Razbam, and I have no way of knowing yet if it was a legal conversion or not, so I am not going to do anything else with this until I find out for sure.

If it wasn't legal then I am not going to do anything more with it.

Watch this space.

Guest ZORG

I think that it does not cause any problems. Developer reads ED Forum! if so... then let them present their requirements. If there are no...., claims then you can do mod!.

Я думаю что это не вызывает особых проблем. Разработчик читает ЕД Форум! если да... то пусть выдвинет свои требования. Если требований нет..., то значит можно делать мод!.

Still no reply from the Razbam thread so I still do not know if this was a legal mod or not, and I still cannot sort out the nosewheel problem, either we have the nose wheels in the wrong place with the correct landing light or the nose wheels in the right place with the faulty landing light.

Will keep trying to sort that until I hear from the original developers.

• 7 months later...
Hello there:

After all this time, i just checked a PM which directed me to this thread.

This is not our EA-6B , BUT it´s Virtavia´s (former Alphasim) and i can assure you guys, this is very illegal!

Best regards

Prowler

Thanks Prowler111, I thought it might be.

I kicked any plans I had to get it working on DCS into the long grass 6 months or more ago, although I think the guys on the site I found it on are still trying to get it working, but it's all in Russian so I'm not sure what they are doing with it now.

Regards

Eddie