Campaign Mission Airborne Command

Hi guys, I'm having trouble getting past this mission. You have to transport a general so he gets an aerial view of a ground attack on a village. Everything progresses smoothly - they ask me to destroy an enemy UAZ which I do and then they say "return to the combat area". Then, after orbitting the village for an eternity, nothing more happens. Some kind of trigger that wasn't set off? I'd appreciate help getting past this one!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I did not have any issue in this mission. Do you run the latest version of the game?

Going in the mission editor and change a few things might work as well. But I am no expert on that. So we have to hope that some helpful forum member comes by with instructions on how to fix it.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

• 1 month later...
Hi guys, I'm having trouble getting past this mission. You have to transport a general so he gets an aerial view of a ground attack on a village. Everything progresses smoothly - they ask me to destroy an enemy UAZ which I do and then they say "return to the combat area". Then, after orbitting the village for an eternity, nothing more happens. Some kind of trigger that wasn't set off? I'd appreciate help getting past this one!

The problem of this mission isnt Your landing but perhaps Mi-24 didnt destroyed all targets. Help him to destroy all targets before. Its a bug. Mi-24 just flying, didnt attack any targets in this mission. If You will destroy buildings by rockets (3) and rebels will be ok. Triggers will be active and its possible to finish this mission with succes. I did it.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 year later...

To succeed I did the following:

1. The tanks come into the village and stop ==> fire at the building in the vicinity of the tanks

2. Destroy the jeep going northbound

3. Land near the village (green smoke) to onboard troops

Note: when you orbit the village, don't fly too low otherwise you will be hit by the combat fire.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 4 weeks later...

I even cant find the enemy vehicle how am I suposed to know from wich town it is trying to escape?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

i7-6700K / Msi Z170 Board / Kingston 32GB DDR4 / Msi GeForce GTX 980 4G / BQ STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 700W / Fractal Define R5 Black / Alpenföhn "Brocken 2" / Samsung m2 980 Pro 1TB/ WD Blue 2TB / Windows 10 Pro

The enemy vehicle (jeep) only moves after you achieve step 1 of my description above.

The town is the destination of the mission (refer to briefing map).

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

It seems the trigger is broken for that in beta, the message comes and there is definitely not any vehicle moving out of the village.

By the way even if working, the screenplay of the mission is more than questionable. How is the outpost from its position to see there is something moving out of the village. And in the Message the village is suddenly called a town. So if you listen more closely you get more confused, what should not be the case.

i7-6700K / Msi Z170 Board / Kingston 32GB DDR4 / Msi GeForce GTX 980 4G / BQ STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 700W / Fractal Define R5 Black / Alpenföhn "Brocken 2" / Samsung m2 980 Pro 1TB/ WD Blue 2TB / Windows 10 Pro

I have DCS 1.2.16 and the trigger worked for me.

I did not pay too much attention to the village being called suddenly a town but I agree that it might create confusion.

On the other hand the briefing map shows the village as the destination. There is not another waypoint with a town.

- Tony -

Ok i found the jeep. You maybe could tell wich buildings you hit because i hit a lot of them but no ongoiing mission after destroying jeep.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Great!

Congratulations mate!

If you found the jeep moving that means that you already hit the right buildings.

If you destroyed the jeep, then the next step as per the instructions is to pick up a soldier / some troops. I don't remember if the pick-up zone is marked by smoke. But it's in the village, so try to fly low and slow to spot the soldier / trrops.

- Tony -

The problem is. After destroying the jeep nothing happens anymore.

No message, no smoke, no infantry on ground nothing.

Edited by last1976

If I recall correctly, there is no message after destroying the jeep. Try to look carefully for troops in the village.

- Tony -

• 2 weeks later...

And again flown the mission. There are definetly no troops in the village. I found some guys around a btr outside the village, but nothing happens if I land next to them. I think this mission is broken in 1.5, would be nice if someone using 1.5 could confirm or deny.

I got the same thing in the BETA. I destroyed the jeep, got the message to return to the combat area and then... nothing. THe BMP-2's stay in the village. They need to drive through and 'park' in the trigger zone "Korshun (something something)" But after the jeep is destroyed, they don't move...

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

I'm currently playing this mission and it's hanging just like for Platypus. I destroyed the jeep and now orbiting forever.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

Found a fix for it:

Go to the mission editor and open that mission (en_SpringMi8-11.miz)

Then select "set rules for trigger" on the left menu:

Select "1 ONCE (Zona end, NO EVENT)" on the first box

Delete "PART OF GROUP IN ZONE (Korshun, Korshun end)" on the second box

and save it

That will keep the mission going

• Like 1

Found a fix for it:

Go to the mission editor and open that mission (en_SpringMi8-11.miz)

Then select "set rules for trigger" on the left menu:

Select "1 ONCE (Zona end, NO EVENT)" on the first box

Delete "PART OF GROUP IN ZONE (Korshun, Korshun end)" on the second box

and save it

That will keep the mission going

it works.

thanks for the fix!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

• 4 years later...

Can somebody do me a massive favour and fix this mission for me please, post the .mis file - I've tried amending the triggers but the BMP's remain stationary, don't matter which building I blow up etc. the mission just stalls - I've flown it so many times now I'm just about to give up :(

If it's too difficult to fix then can someone advise how to amend the campaigh file so it moves me onto the next mission.

Thanks in advance

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

Can somebody do me a massive favour and fix this mission for me please, post the .mis file - I've tried amending the triggers but the BMP's remain stationary, don't matter which building I blow up etc. the mission just stalls - I've flown it so many times now I'm just about to give up :(

If it's too difficult to fix then can someone advise how to amend the campaigh file so it moves me onto the next mission.

Thanks in advance

I have reported the same issue a few weeks back. According to my basic ME skills, the mission seems to be fine, it is DCS issue which stops a "stop condition" to the "hold" action of this group to trigger. Not sure how to fix it. Hope ED will pay attention.

Haven't tested the last OB patch tho, it has some ME fixes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have reported the same issue a few weeks back. According to my basic ME skills, the mission seems to be fine, it is DCS issue which stops a "stop condition" to the "hold" action of this group to trigger. Not sure how to fix it. Hope ED will pay attention.

Haven't tested the last OB patch tho, it has some ME fixes.

Many thanks metzger, I’ve read that thread and I'm happy to see that ED are looking at it, for the moment at least the Mi-8 will be wheeled back to the hanger to await essential maintenance, shame as I was really enjoying the campaign - hopefully it’s an easy/quick fix :thumbup:

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9