Did you disable takeoff assistance?

gavagai

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12327&p=134394#post134394

I'm going to try this now to see if I feel a difference!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Yeah there is something fubar there.

By default it comes up at 100%, but its harder to take off with it there than at 0.

Almost like the plane is fighting you and the controls at the same time.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

• ED Team
Yeah there is something fubar there.

By default it comes up at 100%, but its harder to take off with it there than at 0.

Almost like the plane is fighting you and the controls at the same time.

Rather you are fighting the plane from assisting you :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yes, I just gave it a try now that I set takeoff assistance to 0, and it seems to be better. It could be a placebo effect, but the left-right swinging thing seems to be gone.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Rather you are fighting the plane from assisting you :)

Something is amiss there Sith.

It seems much easier to TO with it at 0 than with it at 100.

The DCS modules work the other way around, not this one.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Yeah, I've always had it at 0 in the Mustang but forgot to change in the 190. With more play time I have to agree that takeoff assistance makes takeoff more difficult. ED might want to consider having it at 0 by default. I bet that at least 50% of the people having trouble with takeoffs are getting messed up by takeoff assistance.

Yeah, I've always had it at 0 in the Mustang but forgot to change in the 190. With more play time I have to agree that takeoff assistance makes takeoff more difficult. ED might want to consider having it at 0 by default. I bet that at least 50% of the people having trouble with takeoffs are getting messed up by takeoff assistance.

Yup. All my DCS stuff is with no assistance ever.

My first number of TO attempts left me quite stumped with this defaulted at 100% without me knowing.

• ED Team

The worst case if you have an assistance and know nothing about it... :)

To be serious - the assistant takes care of high frequency input. If you want to change direction use only low frequency inputs, slow and gentle.

If you do nothing, the assistant will do it for you, tjough.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Yes on disabled setting but unlike others say that it makes things a lot easier, i have to say it's the other way around.

With TO assist ON = 100% (auto rudder OFF) i can take-off in a straight line without even using rudder pedals or a little wheelbrake to steer (strated from the runway, not from the ramp so i don't have to taxi).

This changes when the TO assist settings goes below 50%. From then on it's a lot more demanding and with TO at 0% i'm lucky i get the Dora off the ground. And then i don't even talk about rolling down the runway in a straight line, that still didn't happen....yet.

But yes, i have TO set at 0%.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

What I find weird is that I can set the TO assist to 1% and take off with no issues at all, go to 0% not a chance. Any touch on right rudder takes me hard right, then correcting left rudder no matter how slight totally pulls me too hard left. I use a satiek rudder and have a slight dead zone set up. I can't See how 1 % can make such a difference but it does:huh:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I have the same Problem like Rocky49, also with the Saitek rudder. I set the TO assistance to 0 right after I installed the Dora module, so I've never tried with it and i don't want to because I never use any artifical assistance.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No matter what, but something is wrong!

No real Airplane slips this stupid around.. not one!

The Rudder has no smooth effect.

First the plane slips left, after a smooth 5° right rudder the plan slips 30° right and I get no effect from the rudder pulled completely left?

How could this be?

Please give me a explanation!

If this is right I will eat a brick.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

I wonder whether in the middle of the need to resolve the unknown TO / rudder assist problems, maybe some people have added (and not removed) harsh 'corrective' input curves? And not yet removed them.

I was lucky and remembered to check all assists were off from the 'get go', and I don't use curves, etc. anyway. Just a thought... ?

To everyone with problems getting down the runway / excessive rudder authority: are you locking the tail wheel? You HAVE to have the stick pulled back to lock the tail wheel if you want to the plane to even think about going straight down the runway, then slowly go back to neutral once you go past 80 KM/h or so to keep the plane from hitting too high of an AOA on liftoff.

Same thing with landing. You've got to lock the tail wheel as soon as the plane settles down or be a better rudder jockey than I.

Now, figuring out how to survive the furball mission on hard with half a dozen P-51s swarming me... I can easily handle 1 and sometimes 2 if my gunnery is good (though landing over 30 20mm rounds without the pony slowing down a bit is rather dismaying), but I don't see how you do that one.

Edited by nervousenergy

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

I am starting to feel that there maybe a problem with my Rudder pedals (Saitek pro flight) The last two Modules, Dora And Sabre I have had issues with my own made missions in Mission Editor having serious issues with Rudder Inputs. I have had to delete missions and start over and then the rudder works (somewhat) I frequently check the status and properties for the Saitek on my desktop computer, Windows 7 Pro. Have put in a deadzone because I suspect a little spikyness near the center point of the rudder movement. On a related point hovering with the Huey is also a bitch with this rudder. Investigation continues but I am looking at the MFG Rudders

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Hey Nervous

You should look to see if posters have some experience before making comments like you did. Of Course I have looked over my settings. I do not use curves etc. I may very well have a hardware problem with my Rudder but as a very experienced flightsimmer (20 years) plus also being a PP I have some idea about configuring my equipment:music_whistling: Don't ,s they say in the southern USA,try to tell your grandma how to suck eggs

My apologies, Rocky, but I wasn't referring to your hardware or settings. Locking the tail wheel is an operational move (stick back), not an equipment setting. Not locking it up, for me, causes exactly what's being described... very sensitive rudder effects at mid-speed, and great difficulty keeping the plane going straight. With it locked takeoff is trivial. The only thing the 'takeoff assist' thing does for me is cause the plane to be a lot less stable for one or two seconds right after takeoff. Can't tell that it does much of anything while rolling, but it's certainly not helpful right after. I use no assists and no curves, except for the TIR5 (can't actually do an Exorcist move and spin my head 180).

I retired my Saitek Combat pedals back in April in favor of a Slaw Device set. The Saitek pedals weren't spiking or overtly malfunctioning, but even straight out of the box they were... sticky. Difficult to make very small, precise corrections with them. The Slaw pedals (or Crosswind, depending on whether you like the cam or not) are unbelievable improvements, but I'd be surprised if the Saiteks, assuming they're not spiking, would make it that tough just to get off the runway.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Nervous,

No problem, but I guess the main issue with this hobby is you never know how your hardware is going to interact with the developers software:music_whistling: only way I can pull back further is to fall off backwards:smilewink: do not know about the slaw device you use. Saitek are really a lower end product but there are few options out there right now..I am looking into the Crosswind currently

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3801659/1 - Slaw's thread.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3977757/Slaw_VS._Milan_the_battle_of_t#Post3977757http:// - Head to head comparison of the Crosswinds vs Slaw Device

The Crosswinds win out in the above comparison due to the cam, but I personally prefer the dead stop center in the Slaw, and valued the somewhat heavier construction. If I flew helo sims, though, I'd have gone with the Crosswind. You can't go wrong with either, and they cost about the same (Slaw's was a bit more shipping due to being heavier.)

You sure won't go back to Saitek.

You might try checking an external view while your rolling down the runway, if you can. I've never used one, but I'd imagine you could see if the tailwheel was rotating. I just did three quick takeoff and landings, and with the tailwheel locked the rudder doesn't have all that much authority... I have to touch the left toe brake a time or two, but that's it. I don't get any rudder authority till I let up on the stick. We're both using Hogs, so that can't be it.

I had takeoff assist on at my first takeoff, as I did not think of it being activated by default. I managed to get up but cant draw a real comparision as I turned it off afterwards and never used it again. Compared to the Mustang the 190 is really a bit b*tchy while to/landing, but with some practise it is managable

So, the only way to go to zero assist, at least for me and my saitek pro rudder is to use EXTREME rapid, right and left rudder imputs until I can get the nose more or less level around 150 kph. i have been PPL since 1977 and never ever have seen that technique needed by any real life situation I beleive my problem is due to the Saitek's interaction with DCS but don't think I can prove that:music_whistling: you should be able to find the right amount of constant rudder imput that will hold the nose straight, that is my real life experience

........I use Saitek pro flight combat pedals..........no problem here.... very smooth for me......I adjusted mine in the profile editor from Saitek.....also make sure you have the latest driver for your pedals too.....I believe its version 7.0.3.7 ...........anyway best of luck.....:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals