Another livestream going on now (Midnight EST)

statrekmike

Fantastic Job

Just wanna say I'm playing the prerelease version right now, and I'm incredibly impressed. Thank you so much to Leatherneck Simulations for seeing this project through to the end, and for honoring the indiegogo supporters... I can't imagine how much stress and work has gone into this plane. Every detail is beautiful, and I can really see all the love you guys put into this plane shining through. Thanks so much and congratulations.

The more I hear about the actual flight handicap...the more o turn away from buying it. If it doesnt turn, you cant dogfight

:megalol:

Another Gem! You must have a bucketful of them, dishing them out like lollipops as you are :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If it doesnt turn, you cant dogfight

The American pilots that were in Vietnam might tend to disagree with you.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This isnt rl though its a video game. How are you supposed to dogfight if alot of testers are saying it doesnt turn very well.

Since a number of Vietnamese pilots managed to become aces in it, I would imagine that practice would be the key.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

.....if alot of testers are saying it doesnt turn very well.

And you believe them?

Yeah its like I said in the livestream... it can't turn that well....

That's so incorrect. Cm'om man, you cannot state that as fact.

You cannot turn that well: That's obviously a given.

The Mig-21 on the other hand is probably one of the best turners in it's class and beyond. Had you done your homework you would have known this. Search it up - it's all there: Studies, graphs etc etc, it's all there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This isnt rl though its a video game. How are you supposed to dogfight if alot of testers are saying it doesnt turn very well.

You employ the jet's strengths while minimizing its weaknesses, aka Tactics. Or if you just want a tight turner you can stick with the MiG-29.

I mean... in its class... yeah? I'm comparing it to things like the MiG-29

But honestly you shouldn't even trust anything I'm saying

I've already said multiple times I have no clue about this thing

• Like 1

And you believe them?

The Mig-21 on the other hand is probably one of the best turners in it's class and beyond. Had you done your homework you would have known this. Search it up - it's all there: Studies, graphs etc etc, it's all there.

An Egyptian pulled a Split-S at 3000ft one time. :pilotfly:

• Like 1

I'm comparing it to things like the MiG-29

Why on earth would you do that?

But honestly you shouldn't even trust anything I'm saying

I've already said multiple times I have no clue about this thing

Then you should be extra careful publishing media on the internets, knowing that said media might be relied on by some to make decisions relating to the product. At the very least some degree of subject-matter-knowledge is called for when called upon to render an informed opinion.

Few factoids: The Mig out-turns the F-4, F-105, F-111, F-100, F-104, F-101, F-8 and the F-106 to name but a few. The F-5 has a slight chance to keep up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An Egyptian pulled a Split-S at 3000ft one time. :pilotfly:

Yeah, they tried to recreate that and failed from safe altitude. Amazing what fear does. Sadly the Egyptian got shot down after recovering from the Split-S.

Here's the first-hand pilot account (Giora Even) of that incident:

Myth and Legend

Starts on pg7.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why on earth would you do that?

Then you should be extra careful publishing media on the internets, knowing that said media might be relied on by some to make decisions relating to the product. At the very least some degree of subject-matter-knowledge is called for when called upon to render an informed opinion.

Few factoids: The Mig out-turns the F-4, F-105, F-111, F-100, F-104, F-101, F-8 and the F-106 to name but a few. The F-5 has a slight chance to keep up.

I'm really sorry about this man, but from a business standpoint I can't do that. The most successful business models on Youtube are quantity over quality, and since I make my paycheck off Youtube I can't risk changing my strategy.

Now granted as I continue to learn about the MiG21 I'll try and showcase that knowledge in my videos... but as it stands its more important that I get videos of the MiG21 out ASAP as opposed to waiting to learn more about the aircraft. With the amount of work I have to do featuring other games, and also touring the US, I don't always have time to fully research the games I play on Youtube.

I really appreciate you telling me the statistics and stuff though, however at the time of the livestream I had only been home 12 hours from tour (after a grueling drive that had me up past 6AM) and the 21st was the date I was asked to start publishing media, so once I woke up at 2PM I only had a little time to learn the plane on top of the other games I've been asked to feature.

Hopefully in the future I can make better videos, but yeah... I hope that explains why I do what I do.

Edit: It would actually be nice to have a wingman who was a little better informed than me, but since the game is only released to promo channels my pickings are slim.

• Like 1