Russian equipment was too old, while USA equipment was Modern 1995+

JOKERACTS

Just an idea for ED or a third party:

why not try to make the Mig 29 sniper

jhwv9h.jpg

It was designed by AEROSTAR S.A. Bacau, Daimler Chrysler Aerospace (Germany) and Elbit Systems Ltd. (Israel).

Now it's a museum piece.

If it was possible to bring the Eurofighter to DCS i'm thinking this might also be doable because modernisation was done by western firms.So all modern systems are western build.Maybe i't not as hard to obtain access , data as it is for russian modernised migs.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by otto

and still it has a SPO-15, ooh man.

At least it is in the center and further up in the cockpit, have never liked having to look down and to the right just to see the display.

Would love to have an Su-25KM or a MiG-29 Sniper. With the Sniper, maybe since it's a project that got shelved the info would be easier to obtain than something in modern Russian active service?

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

At least it is in the center and further up in the cockpit, have never liked having to look down and to the right just to see the display.

that probably works way better in real life, than it does in the game, periferal vision and all that, and also the way the cockpit is laid out, looking from top to bottom, you can see all the important systems with one glance from the hud.

Would love to have an Su-25KM or a MiG-29 Sniper. With the Sniper, maybe since it's a project that got shelved the info would be easier to obtain than something in modern Russian active service?

More likely harder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

We talk about innovations for the russians. What interest me ist a possible innovation for the F-15C too. There was much talking about the datalink installed since certain model series. But another point: Do modern versions of the TEWS of the F-15C have the laser warning capability of the A-10C?

If Yes that would make the Flanker almost useless as the greatest BVR-strength namely sneak and stealth-lock with IRST is pointless then.

And even interesting are there modern versions that have a Missile Warning System like the A-10C that detects a burning missile motor from all aspects? So You can't only decect a long range IRST-lock but also shorter ranged launches of Heat Seaking missiles.

Edited by Oberst Zeisig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good combat flight is understanding the nature of things and the feeling to handle it.

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/siircm.htm

Interesting the F-16 seems to have such a system since Block 40.

I would question the validity of the information on that site. Now, every F-16 is different and it is possible that one of the countries using the block 40 may have that capability. But if I understand correctly, the site states the USAF Block 40 receive this improvement circa 1995. I worked on USAF F-16 block 40/42 since 1997 and never saw sensors like the A-10 has on the skin to detect missile launches.

They might have use the F-16 for testing and some countries using the F-16 might be using that system, but not the USAF F-16 block 40 from 1997 to 2012. I am not sure if they are getting the system now.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I would question the validity of the information on that site. Now, every F-16 is different and it is possible that one of the countries using the block 40 may have that capability. But if I understand correctly, the site states the USAF Block 40 receive this improvement circa 1995. I worked on USAF F-16 block 40/42 since 1997 and never saw sensors like the A-10 has on the skin to detect missile launches.

They might have use the F-16 for testing and some countries using the F-16 might be using that system, but not the USAF F-16 block 40 from 1997 to 2012. I am not sure if they are getting the system now.

Thanks for info! Yes validity is always a point. Why hasn´t it been installed on the F-16 then if it´s possible in the A-10C? The Advantages are overwhelming.

Here is a newer version of that kind of system for fighters,

http://www.exelisinc.com/solutions/Missile-Warning-System/Pages/default.aspx

it´s from cassidian one of the companies that build the Eurofighter. Maybe this is really a new approach for fighter avionics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good combat flight is understanding the nature of things and the feeling to handle it.

Thanks for info! Yes validity is always a point. Why hasn´t it been installed on the F-16 then if it´s possible in the A-10C? The Advantages are overwhelming.

Here is a newer version of that kind of system for fighters,

http://www.exelisinc.com/solutions/Missile-Warning-System/Pages/default.aspx

it´s from cassidian one of the companies that build the Eurofighter. Maybe this is really a new approach for fighter avionics.

Not sure the reasons. Could be cost, etc. Looks like RDAF F-16 may had a similar system installed. I don't know much about it. Might be able to find more in F-16.net

Because there's no need for it at the moment. Same reason the F-15s are not getting the -229 and so on.

If you are referring to the F100-PW-229, the F-15 have been using that engine for years now. Korean F-15 are also using F110-GE-100

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Because there's no need for it at the moment. Same reason the F-15s are not getting the -229 and so on.

Wouldn´t be the Laser Rangefinder of the EOS and 73-, 27ET- launches of MIGs and Flankers be a need of that? Or do You refer to that there´s no wartime with a highly technological contry ATM?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure the reasons. Could be cost, etc. Looks like RDAF F-16 may had a similar system installed. I don't know much about it. Might be able to find more in F-16.net

Yeah probably it´s only costs for this "aging" Plane. But I suppose the raptor has a kind of this system? I couldn´t imagine modern warfare without it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not in the USAF afaik.

USAF F-15E have been having accident with them since at least 1997

http://www.afsec.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140729-010.pdf

Further more

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/en/technology/engines/101-engines

Yeah probably it´s only costs for this "aging" Plane. But I suppose the raptor has a kind of this system? I couldn´t imagine modern warfare without it.

F-22 does not have a missile warning comparative to the one in the A-10 nether. Hell, the Raptor does not even have a JHMCS nor uses the AIM-9X, both of which are used by almost every other fighter aircraft in USAF. I think the F-35 does does have a comparative similar missile warning system.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

The f22 is slated to have variant of a JHMCS and the addition of the aim9x circa 2015/2017. The current reason it doesn't have a jhmcs is that the design of the plane should prevent it from getting into wvr. not to mention that with missiles being store inside the airframe the missile cannot see until it's ejected.

as far as the f35 pos goes.. It has an IRST system that encompases the plane in an entire sphere which is most likely what the f22 will get.

http://www.northropgrumman.com/capabilities/anaaq37f35/pages/default.aspx

Interesting vids, so this "DAS" system still remains for further updates of the raptor then? If You really restrain from using these systems You can get ****ed up by a stoneold Mig29-A with 73 or even a manpad if You not rely 100% on stealth which seems quite bold.

The imagination of missiles doing 180 turns like in the first vid seems quite rediculous though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure the reasons. Could be cost, etc. Looks like RDAF F-16 may had a similar system installed.

A Danish company(called "Terma") has developed different pylon based self-protection solutions and two of them include missile warning sensors - one(called "PIDS+") appears to be a pylon combining flare dispensers(two magazines) and 3 missile warning sensors, while the other(called "ECIPS+") appears to be a combined ECM/MWS pod.

I have attached a photo of an RDAF F-16B carrying the latter.

JJ

Wouldn´t be the Laser Rangefinder of the EOS and 73-, 27ET- launches of MIGs and Flankers be a need of that?

ETs are not as big of a threat IRL as they are in DCS. I doubt MAWS would detect a BVR ET launch anyway. I'm not sure how far it can see but it's mostly designed to fight low altitude IR sams. As far as SRMs go, you can argue detecting them by MAWS can be a thing but with that little SA you're probably dead at that point. It's not DCS where everything misses for no reason..

http://www.afsec.af.mil/shared/media...140729-010.pdf

Further more

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/en/tech...es/101-engines

I meant more the F-15Cs, not the Es. Didn't mention it, my bad.

If You really restrain from using these systems You can get ****ed up by a stoneold Mig29-A with 73 or even a manpad if You not rely 100% on stealth which seems quite bold.

Except that you're not getting past or near a flight of AESA with AWACS support without being noticed.

A Danish company(called "Terma") has developed different pylon based self-protection solutions and two of them include missile warning sensors - one(called "PIDS+") appears to be a pylon combining flare dispensers(two magazines) and 3 missile warning sensors, while the other(called "ECIPS+") appears to be a combined ECM/MWS pod.

I have attached a photo of an RDAF F-16B carrying the latter.

Thx for Info, Yeah I´ve seen these images before on the F-16. The Eurofighter also has that sort of system. (include in the "DASS")

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ETs are not as big of a threat IRL as they are in DCS. I doubt MAWS would detect a BVR ET launch anyway. I'm not sure how far it can see but it's mostly designed to fight low altitude IR sams.

As the DCS A-10C sytem is modeled You can detect any missile launch at least 6-7 nm away according to my experience, which is pretty far for a SRM and can convenietly be evaded by using some flare which is also mostly fully automatic in that system, but which otherwise would have hit You.

Even more interesting I think is to know that You´re being painted by a laser rangefinder of EOS over 100km away.

Edited by Oberst Zeisig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.afsec.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140729-010.pdf

Further more

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/en/technology/engines/101-engines

F-22 does not have a missile warning comparative to the one in the A-10 nether. Hell, the Raptor does not even have a JHMCS nor uses the AIM-9X, both of which are used by almost every other fighter aircraft in USAF. I think the F-35 does does have a comparative similar missile warning system.

No, the F-22 does have a missile warning system. It's AN/AAR-56 is actually the precursor to the F-35's EODAS. The F-35's system builds on the F-22 by having better reliability and IRST functionality and projecting the actual IR images into the pilot's helmet.