Your Favourite - Huey or Ka-50 ?

Avio

Huey turned out to be the dark horse of all the modules for me.

I never had the rotory bug, never bought BS1 just stuck to FC2. I bought the Huey on sale as a stepping stone to learning the Shark.

The Huey is just so much fun to fly, I don't even need to shoot stuff.

The Ka50 and the Mi8 don't have the same "fun factor". They're great aircraft/modules with more complex avionics but I have way more fun with the huey.

Ka-50 for me by far. I actually find the UH-1 a little boring tbh. It's interesting reading a lot of the comments on the Ka-50 here. Seems everyone is struggling with the autopilot or has mastered it and is just along for the ride. And then there's me switching the AP off first thing (or never turning it on) cause I find it cripples the choppers performance. The shark is an amazingly nimble machine flying manually. I also find it much easier to handle than the UH-1 that way.

I don't have the Mi-8 but I'll grab it in the next sale I think.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UH-1H gets my vote.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

No 1 is the kA-50; aps off she is just soo agile. Aps On she is a supreme attack chopper. An RWR would round this chopper off to perfection!

MI-8 and Huey are Joint 2nd, Huey is fun and MI-8 is for serious work. love flying both.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Deliberately not reading the thread first - so I'm repeating 20 people, I'm sure :P

Ka-50 for combat operations, and anti-armor missions - hands down.

Mi-8 for "Oh my god, I just figured out how THAT worked!" moments: she's a challenge, complex to figure out, and really rewarding to fly well.

Huey seems to be the most out-and-out fun to fly, and my inner 7-year-old loves to drop that pilot gun-sight down, spin up the mini-guns, and hose down truck columns at high speed aiming only with the helicopter :megalol:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree they each have their own roles and therefore their own ups and downs comparatively.

That said, while I admire the Ka-50's killing abilities etc, I have learned that the UH-1H Huey is just a pure joy to fly.

I just wish there was more we could do with it ... i.e. more missions etc.

SnowTiger:joystick: