Question on DCS aircraft

Beqanyc

Greetings everyone,

I'm playing DCS world almost everyday, and this question is bugging me for some time now , Why no one is working on creating Non-clickable cockpits for other aircraft in DCS world , similar to Su-25 , Su- 27 , F-15 ? There are several amazing models in game without cockpit , like Mig 31 , tu 22 backfire , Tornado.

I really enjoy playing A10 and Mig 21 , but sometimes I'm getting tired of clicking so many buttons to fly aircraft :lol: and I'm switching on Su-27 or f 15 , witch I enjoy a lot.

I don't understand much on creating games, but I think that creating a module like Mig 21 or A10, takes a lot of time and effort , in comparison to a model like Su-25. I would defiantly pay several bucks for an decently modeled aircraft with non clickable cockpit.

So what do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

ah well, i enjoy to click around...but basically with all those fully fledged cockpits, while it offers the possibility to click on something, it doesnt force you.you can map everything to either direct x inputs or keyboard...

with the "lower fidelity" products like FC3 you just dont have the option to click...one less option thats the difference.

so i definitely prefer to see clickable pits in future, and i probably wouldnt buy any non clickable modules.havent done yet at least, and it would have to be very very high in the ranking of my personal "all time favorites" that i would consider otherwise.

Personally I'm not interested in non-clickable cockpits at all. That's why I'm only flying DCS-level planes and stay away from the FC3 planes.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for your replies guys ;)

and let me clarify a little bit what I meant to say. I definitely want to see more realistic cockpits and flight models, like Mig 21 and A10. I love DCS world for its realism , I really don't want to see it dumbed down!, and I'm also not saying to stop or slow down the development of any DCS level module. I cant wait to see F18 Hornet... :D

All I'm saying is that, maybe third party's or even Eagle Dynamics , can add some workable cockpits to existing aircraft models in dcs world, or even create some modules like SU-25 quality, which does not require year or two to develop, and give it a LOW price. And later maybe upgrade it to DCS level module , with fully functional cockpit.

All I'm saying is that, maybe third party's or even Eagle Dynamics , can add some workable cockpits to existing aircraft models in dcs world, or even create some modules like SU-25 quality, which does not require year or two to develop, and give it a LOW price. And later maybe upgrade it to DCS level module , with fully functional cockpit.

You are ignoring the amount of work involved in just creating a PFM (assuming that the information is even available), without which there is little point in the effort at all.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You are ignoring the amount of work involved in just creating a PFM (assuming that the information is even available), without which there is little point in the effort at all.

Please don't misunderstand me , I'm not saying that creating PFM is an easy work. ( I don't know all the teams so I will write the simplest way I can) . Theoretically speaking, wouldn't it be much easier and faster to crate su-25 like module, rather then A-10C ?

Yea I would love to see a flaming cliffs level F-16A or a tanker.

Agreed ;) maybe some transporter aircraft like Il-76 or C-130

Edited by Beqanyc

Please don't misunderstand me , I'm not saying that creating PFM is an easy work. ( I don't know all the teams so I will write the simplest way I can) . Theoretically speaking, wouldn't it be much easier and faster to crate su-25 like module, rather then A-10C ?

It might not be. First, the same people that code the cockpit aren't likely to be coding the flight model so not having to do the cockpit doesn't speed up the FM. Second, based on how long it took Belsimtek to do the F-15's FM, no I don't think it would be faster.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It might not be. First, the same people that code the cockpit aren't likely to be coding the flight model so not having to do the cockpit doesn't speed up the FM. Second, based on how long it took Belsimtek to do the F-15's FM, no I don't think it would be faster.

You keep tearing his dream into bits and pieces. :lol:

In all seriousness, agreeing with cichild, it would still be quite the amount of work to create a non-clickable, yet good aircraft.

Something like a tanker would be some hard work, if it enables multi-player cockpit sharing, and not to mention boom operations, forming a new communication system, all which would make a good tanker experience. It wouldn't sell too well anyways...sitting 9 hours on your chair watching about 20 aircraft a day come around for about a few minutes or so per aircraft just doesn't compare to what DCS offers right now...could make some good screenshots I guess, with the new/old EDGE 'round the corner. F-16's could be a good idea. C-130...if you enjoy long trips, I guess so. The Herky Bird is fun to fly after all. I digress; venturing into unknown grounds may be risky and could take some time, but in the end it could be a success. Who will ever know... ;)

• Like 1

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

I'm not very interested in anything without a clickable cockpit.

The only way I'm buying another non-full detail module again is if the cockpit is clickable (even only a few switches!) and all essential flight avionics are interactive which is what Cliffs aircraft claim but seriously... I disagree.

In the A-10A you can't even stop engines fires even though there are three massive fire handles in front of your face at all times... never again.

In my opinion there should be no more substandard quality aircraft, unless they set a higher standard definition of "essential avionics" and make the switches clickable even if not all switches are.

You keep tearing his dream into bits and pieces. :lol:

In all seriousness, agreeing with cichild, it would still be quite the amount of work to create a non-clickable, yet good aircraft.

Something like a tanker would be some hard work, if it enables multi-player cockpit sharing, and not to mention boom operations, forming a new communication system, all which would make a good tanker experience. It wouldn't sell too well anyways...sitting 9 hours on your chair watching about 20 aircraft a day come around for about a few minutes or so per aircraft just doesn't compare to what DCS offers right now...could make some good screenshots I guess, with the new/old EDGE 'round the corner. F-16's could be a good idea. C-130...if you enjoy long trips, I guess so. The Herky Bird is fun to fly after all. I digress; venturing into unknown grounds may be risky and could take some time, but in the end it could be a success. Who will ever know... ;)

Definitely , it might be successful. But as cichlidfan mentioned that he thinks it would not be faster or easier to create module like F-15. if more people conform the accuracy of his thought , than its definitely not worth it to create non- clickable modules.

I'm not very interested in anything without a clickable cockpit.

The only way I'm buying another non-full detail module again is if the cockpit is clickable (even only a few switches!) and all essential flight avionics are interactive which is what Cliffs aircraft claim but seriously... I disagree.

In the A-10A you can't even stop engines fires even though there are three massive fire handles in front of your face at all times... never again.

In my opinion there should be no more substandard quality aircraft, unless they set a higher standard definition of "essential avionics" and make the switches clickable even if not all switches are.

I agree , the idea of having some control in cockpit is good , I know the frustration with A-10A :smilewink:

Edited by Beqanyc