MS sidewinder FB 2 FF Tune swap axis ?

borisff

Interested in finding out how it is to use DCS with a FF stick.

I've been trying to find one to buy, but all I have found so far are not in good shape :-(

Does it really make a difference to use such a controller ? For instance while flying the K4, do you notice the controls getting stiffer as dynamic pressure increases ?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Only ever had to swap axis for the black shark myself, unless your referring to the hat switch?,

I've had to swap axis in FF when using it to trim certain aircraft.

jcomm, yes it does make a difference, it doesn't get stiffer though, it gets lighter, such as taking off, stalling ect, you also get a nice stall warning with a slight trembling of the stick.

Edited by huckster

Only ever had to swap axis for the black shark myself, unless your referring to the hat switch?,

jcomm, yes it does make a difference, it doesn't get stiffer though, it gets lighter, such as taking off, stalling ect, you also get a nice stall warning with a slight trembling of the stick.

Ok, thx for answering huckster!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

In this screen

fftune.thumb.jpg.5ffbdc85029af5f560fc10baf128716a.jpg

To find out if you need to do the swap axis thing, just trim the aircraft and see if your force feedback responds accordingly. For example, if it's on the wrong setting, when you'll trim stick forward, the stick will move itself to the left (or the right I don't remember).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But is it a good idea to let the user find out what's intended? Is the correct FFB setting in the optionsmenu covered in all the manuals of each module?

Edit: Seems correctly as said above, when you use trim you have to swap the axis. Or at least test if it's correct with the trim. BS2, Huey, Mi-8 but also the P-51D.

Edited by Cnuke

• 2 months later...

I've been trying to find one to buy, but all I have found so far are not in good shape :-(

Does it really make a difference to use such a controller ? For instance while flying the K4, do you notice the controls getting stiffer as dynamic pressure increases ?

Nobody answered your question! Yes it makes a huge difference:joystick:!!!

I have one I use for the warbirds. And yes again ffb increase with speed:thumbup:.

I have a trimming problem with the roll axis(P-51), may be I should try to swap axis. Keep searching( I saw few on ebay)it worths the search. I don't undersand why Saitek and mates don't make anymore these kind of products. For warbirds particularly it's a must have:pilotfly:

Cheers

• ED Team

MS FFB 2 is really one model I have used since 2007 and do not want to use something else.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

It also helps you feel an uncoordinated turn, which is very important in the 109.

Not every aircraft has a pronounced stall buffet, but the msffb 2's simulated stall buffet affords you significant advantage over players with other (more expensive) joysticks.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Yes it does. It improves your *feel* so much more. You not only hear, but you *feel* the onset of a stall warble .. in fact you feel it before you hear it.

The control you get is very precise for dogfighting ... however my Saitek Evo is old and past it's use by date .. and a bit sloppy so when it comes to landing and slow speeds I have a terrible time .. in fact my sloppy stick ruins most my landings and I've gone back to my X52.

If I could find a new FFB stick I'd buy it in a snap ... I wish manufacturers would make one but I think there was some sort of patent infringement thingy that stuffed it up for flight simmers :(.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

question to Yo-Yo:

i noticed something really strange about force feedback yesterday...

at least in the 109, its somehow connected to the view system.when i adjusted my views.lua file for the 109, i could create really strange ffb effects,as well as getting rid off them alltogether

....i really wonder how this is possible???

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed