Headless pilot

mikethemadmonk

This is very strange. Since the last big update a headless pilot is inhabiting the Black shark.

Unfortunately his body is in the way of switches I need to access to start up.

This is very frustrating and I can find no solution to the problem.

If anyone can show me a workaround, I would be most grateful.:megalol:

Yep, you can toggle the pilot using right shift p, but I haven't got a clue about how to give him his head back.

I can only presume he lost his head due to the pressure of flying a single seat attack helicopter. I know I do that, so I stick to the Huey, Mi-8 and fixed wing stuff!

This has got me thinking.

To be realistic they should really model the pilot's nose,

Sure it would be really annoying if you where using a normal screen and in the middle of the screen all you could see is a big skin coloured blob.

But in all VR game should they be modelling the noise?

I reality to blocks about 20% of your vision from each eye (depending on size).

It might really add to the "presence" to have a nose floating there.

I wonder if anyone has done any research on this, off to Google...

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

This has got me thinking.

To be realistic they should really model the pilot's nose,

I can't see how this would be realistic since your brain ignores the nose as it's there all the time.... you have to really focus on it to see any "blob" in your vision. Same thing with your retinal blood vessels...

Yeah I'm saying it half joking really.

But saying your brain ignores it most of the time so it shouldn't be there is not a very good reason.

Im sure 99% of the time your brain 'ignores' the sound of the engines, so should they not model that?

I'm saying with an Oculus rift it might make it even more believable if you could see a bit of your nose, even though our brain would almost always ignore it

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Yeah I'm saying it half joking really.

But saying your brain ignores it most of the time so it shouldn't be there is not a very good reason.

It's a perfectly good reason because when you're flying, you're looking at instruments and the outside world, not focusing at your nose. If they mask area in the center of the screen, I can see masked area 100% of the time and it's going to be annoying. We have two eyes and our nose isn't really blocking our vision, blob on the screen would. Even with OR.

Im sure 99% of the time your brain 'ignores' the sound of the engines, so should they not model that?

They need to model things that pilot is experiencing, but you in your chair don't, such as hypoxia or G related effects. Sensory adaptation, where you stop hearing repeated sounds, is already a part of your brain™ v1.0 firmware. ;)

How can you see your nose when you're wearing an oxygen mask anyway?

I have a foolproof way of finding both my head, and my arse, but it does involve both hands, so you really shouldn't check whilst flying anyway!

You find both at the same time or does this involve separate actions?! Maybe we could map this to the Hot..arse? :eek:

lol..............

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.