VKB Gladiator WWII joystick

Sokol1_br

Warthog adapter for Gladiator PRO* available - for pre-order - in FCS, limited quantity, as always. :)

https://flightsimcontrols.com/store/joysticks/vkb-grip-adaptor-for-gladiator-pro-tm-warthog/

* Gunfighter will require different adapter, their base don't use PS2 connector, but a 3 pins (proprietary?) connector.

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since despite Santa Claus efforts the loooong awaited Gunfighter dont arrive. :cry:

(VKB) "New Year resolutions" list - as always subject to changes facing the life realities. :P

new-years-resolutions.jpg

FYI - "Translation/interpretation "( )" so don't take too serious, await their official "For immediate release" announcement. ;)

Production:

T-rudder (new batch ) finalized.

Gladiator PRO (new batch) production finalized. Will try to bring in the Russian before Chinese New Year. (For Europe, USA/Canada not mentioned).

Gladiators ("vanila") new batch production expected to finalize - before Chinese New Year, shipping for Russian Federation - after.

Gunfighter production started.

Chinese New Year = end of January, beginning of February (when things "stop" in China).

(In) design:

1) "FAT" Gunfighter (version of Gunfighter with "porcupine" base similar to Black Mamba - contrary to their early "modular" concept - for fill players request).

2) Throttle

3) (Plastic) grip KG12 with

;

4) Plastic grip for modern aircraft and "kosmosimov" *

5) Metal grip KG12 Pro (2 "buttons-HAT" with 5 positions + trigger and "pinky" button).

6) Metal grip for modern aviation (probable just a metal version of this *).

7) Plastic grip left-handed for "kosmosimov" (perhaps a mirrored version of this *)

8 ) Wheel (probable mean a Flying Yoke).

9) Three axis rudder pedal Mk-22. (For the happiness of "Joe Brakes" Wing). :pilotfly:

This all program for 2017. (...of drawings, I supposed). :P

Edited by Sokol1_br

Good info, Sokol!

BTW - we are working towards releasing the Gunfighter official announcement really, really soon. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Lol, been waiting for this one ( Gunfighter ) for quite some time. I occasionally keep one eye on it...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Lol, been waiting for this one ( Gunfighter ) for quite some time. I occasionally keep one eye on it...

Well worth it, too. Since I am now "on the inside", I know what the new gimbal has to offer and it pains me having to be quiet about it until the official announcement hits. :joystick:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The Gunfighter Pro certainly looks interesting.

Wonder if the Warthog adapter would be available for it at the time of release?

I would really want to use my Warthog grip with this stick.

If so I would probably be all over this one.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am updated my site too......I neodonwload all pics from vkb sites when they dont preovide on time :music_whistling:

Are you now the North American Distributor of these products?

Don B

Are you now the North American Distributor of these products?

That would be http://www.VKBcontrollers.com :thumbup:

(yours truly)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Wonder if the Warthog adapter would be available for it at the time of release?

They changed the connection between the grips and the base, so the adapter will also have to be redesigned; I will ask VKB HQ and see what they have to say about the adapter's ETA.

Edited by rrohde
Typo

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

They changed the connection between the grips and the base, so the adapter will also have to be redesigned; I will ask VKB HQ and see what they have to say about the adapter's ETA.

Thanks, that would be crucial for me - I would have to know for sure they are going to offer it for this stick before I would purchase it, even if there is a short delay between the two being released I could deal with that.

Don B

Thanks, that would be crucial for me - I would have to know for sure they are going to offer it for this stick before I would purchase it, even if there is a short delay between the two being released I could deal with that.

EDITED

USA Have taking the case.

RGDS

Edited by RFC Rudel

Wow! Impressive list of changes for the gunfighter. Wish I'd known this was in the pipeline before I sprung for the Fat Black Mamba!

I've a the Mamba MkIII as well. Here's hope that there might be a gimbal upgrade for us... but that's me only speculating - nothing official has been said about this yet. :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just got done chatting with VKB HQ and they confirmed that both the VKB-Sim Gunfighter and the VKB-Sim TM Warthog adapter for Gunfighter will be available at the same time! :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I've a the Mamba MkIII as well. Here's hope that there might be a gimbal upgrade for us... but that's me only speculating - nothing official has been said about this yet. :thumbup:

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I wonder if the design changes have increased the force vs displacement. The extremely heavy warthog grip + extension results in a fairly light feeling.

After talking to VKB HQ, they said that the new and improved Gunfighter gimbal will not fit in either the Mamba MkIII, nor the Gladiator Pro's housing... so that's not going to happen.

About the feeling - I double-sprung my extended Mamba with TM Warthog grip, and that works really well. Right amount of resistance, and not light at all. It was far lighter when I only used single spring per axis, though.

Disclaimer: this is not officially supported by VKB using their current iteration of the all-metal gimbal in either the Glad Pro or the Mamba MkIII. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just got done chatting with VKB HQ and they confirmed that both the VKB-Sim Gunfighter and the VKB-Sim TM Warthog adapter for Gunfighter will be available at the same time! :thumbup:

That is great to know, thanks!

I will keep an eye out for when orders are available to be placed.

Don B