DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that what happened is that you didn't load the profile (assuming you placed the new input folder in the saved games root).

After you put the input folder in the right place you go to settings>controls>choose a certain module> clear each category completely (joystick, throttle, rudder and TrackIR)>load new profile into each one of the categories from the new folder from within the setting menu and...that's it.

Why is this not in the instructions?

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Why is this not in the instructions?

Maybe it should be.

Before all the profiles were given, for all the HOTAS types, each and every player had to read the manual, understand the plane, fly it and establish his or her profile.

That meant that each one became very good at DCS from the grounds up.

The problem with it is the crazy learning curve that involves DCS and its modules.

So...I, as others, have chewed most of the important stuff that deals with the HOTAS configuration and though there are a few bites left one can swallow mostly as is...

jgVplRQ.png

Thanks for the work you put in these, i use it as a short-cut to how setup my controls.

as to why the dev's will not create a default for this controller is beyond me.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

You're welcome will :)

As for why the devs didn't...it's simple...if they would have they would have faced with endless requests, debates, nay sayers and what not from their customers whom they would have had to satisfy.

The relation between customers/ colleagues and volunteered work is quite different in its nature.

Enjoy :)

jgVplRQ.png

And a big thank you from me as well, great set of profiles. Although I don't mind setting up the controls myself, being fairly new to the Warthog, it's knowing which buttons to configure for the best.

I'm also glad of your PSD template (another learning curve) I have started to make my own profile for the Mi-8..

Thank you again for sharing.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

• 2 weeks later...

Great thanks, it has helped me a lot! :)

However, I have some remarks. I'm sorry in case these have been mentioned before, but I dont wanted to read 10 pages. So just in case: please forgive me! ;)

The instructions.txt says basically "just" copy it over your current file structure and it should work. At least thats how I understood it. Since the lua files contain the USB id which is probably unique on every PC I had to manually load the "diff" files in the main DCS menu (being in the plane does not work) to make it work. Not sure if that was clear to everyone else, but at least for me I had to try a little. Maybe the instructions should be updated to be a bit more "dummy" safe? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question for POLARIS1:

First off, thanks again for providing these excellent profiles. I've used a few bits of them, but since I'm also pairing a CH Quadrant with the 'hog (love all those sliders for the WWII birds) I can't use them verbatim.

Given that, is there a relatively simple way just to implement the 3-way Flaps switch? The FW 190 really benefits from this. I wind up using the low thumb hat for the variable flaps on the K4 or the 5 different slots for the P-51, but the actual flaps switch is a natural fit if I can figure out how to do it.

You'd posted some sample code to drop into the one of the INI files a year ago or so when the 190 came out just to do the flaps and the idle/off indent on the throttle, but it stopped working after a couple of updates unfortunately.

I'm starting to look into Lua coding a bit more since it seems a fairly useful skill, but my coding experience is all very old school (Basic, Pascal, even some COBOL) and long ago. Seems ED could short circuit this whole requirement if they'd simply let us assign a function to a button in the OFF state using the UI.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

nervousenergy,

First off...I have found out that even though minor updates logs don't refer to input changes, there are changes made to input configurations.

Due to that I advise NOT to copy paste my inputs at the current time.

When 1.5 shall be released I shall update all and make a new package for download.

Including custom controls.

As for the custom controls...there's not much programming involved with it but a simple copy/ paste to make two seperate commands a one up/ down command, where applicable.

All you need to know is here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226

Enjoy :)

jgVplRQ.png

I thought that these profiles might work with 1.5?? Not sure if anyone has tested but I gave it a try and I'm not sure if its me or there is a compatibility issue with 1.5.

I copied the Input folder into \saved Games\DCS.openbeta\config

but when I load up the control settings in the sim the config files don't seem to be recognized. I noticed the the Joystick and Throttle lus files have what appears to be {.....} serial number in their names??

If anyone has got these profiles working in 1.5 I'd be interested in finding out. Right now I'm just interested in the F15C.

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Thanks I missed that step. I manually loaded each device profile and now the settings are there.

The one issue I noticed is that the throttle slider for Zoom does not zoom smoothly, it goes from default view to a very zoomed in view with no transition in between?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I was able to get the F15C profile loaded and for the most part everything has been great. The only issue is the TDC. I use the TM Warthog and TDC just jumps all over the VSD, its like its picking up some background input. When I fly the A10C the slew control works fine. Any suggestions because right now I have to use the keyboard. I didn't change anything in POLARIS1's profile. Thanks!

EDIT Got this sorted out. For whatever reason I had to recalibrate my throttle in Windows. Once I did that the slew stick works fine, it also fixed the issue I was having with the slider for zoom.

Edited by CrackerJack

Hey Polaris, I just started using your setup and it is fantastic. I am trying your similar layout for the F-86 and Mig-15 however with the new patch for 1.5 that released over the weekend, i have lost my "lever" button (button #4) on the controller setup. Now this works for all of the modules you have created but for some reason it is missing for these two modules. They were there prior to the update and i used them as my breaks or wheel steering. When i try and manually put the lever button in the drop-down tab, it jumps from button 3 to 5. Not sure what's going on with this. I am curious if others are having the same issue or if it's just me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CrackerJack,

Glad you worked it out :)

Weatherman,

It sounds like you didn't clean your categories before starting to make new profiles.

Somehow the simulator assigns triplicate commands for certain actions...so...clean the throttle, joystick and rudder categories both in the regular section and in the axis section before starting afresh.

As for the Mig-15 and F-86 specifically...I didn't make any setup for them.

If you want to use the lever as a modifier you have to make it as such in those modules as well (options>controls>modifiers>add in the left window...)

Good luck.

jgVplRQ.png

• 4 weeks later...

DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

It isn't as much about issues concerning 1.5 beta, CrackerJack ,as quite a few of minute changes being made to commands within DCS general section and in different modules.

These changes make any pre 1.5 inputs obsolete and thus should be avoided (I'm not trying to start an argument or debate with the nay sayers...for...as I wrote...these changes are indeed minute and not all shall encounter them...but if I'm giving something to the community it should at least work properly).

Since these changes are not listed anywhere there is no way for me to know the extent, other than the changes I have encountered thus far with the P-51D and the F-15C.

What to do in the meantime?...in my opinion wipe the content of the input folder and enter DCS so it makes new ones.

Then use the layouts I supplied to do new setups for the modules you intend on using during the beta phase.

I shall do my best to supply new packages with every new stable update/ when it finishes the beta phase.

One more thing mate...do not calibrate the HOTAS within windows but update your drivers and use the TM calibration tool made specifically for the Warthog,

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

Thank you for the explanation, I was curious more than anything else. I've been using your F15 profile in 1.5ob but I haven't seen anything major. Your approach makes perfect sense and I applaud your efforts in putting together such great content for the community.