Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hi, is it possible to check via my email address what licence key I have please? I am fairly certain that I have either as part of a group buy via shadowlands or my squad, purchased and advanced features key, but cant find anything after I did a windows re install. My email is mark@getturner.co.uk  or cobmrpink@live.co.uk

If someone could take a look, that would be great! Thanks! 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

5 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, is it possible to check via my email address what licence key I have please? I am fairly certain that I have either as part of a group buy via shadowlands or my squad, purchased and advanced features key, but cant find anything after I did a windows re install. My email is mark@getturner.co.uk  or cobmrpink@live.co.uk

If someone could take a look, that would be great! Thanks! 

Hi, please send an email to support@tacview.net . But if it was part of a group buy I might not have any record that a key was assigned to you. In that case only the person who completed the group buy would know which key is yours.

Hi, can I also ask, will tacview work on a PC ( laptop) that does not have DCS installed, for the purpose of reviewing flights etc ( obviously it wont record) I presume I just put the files I want to lok at on a mem stick and load them in? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

2 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, can I also ask, will tacview work on a PC ( laptop) that does not have DCS installed, for the purpose of reviewing flights etc ( obviously it wont record) I presume I just put the files I want to lok at on a mem stick and load them in? 

Yes that will work!

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Mercury_1965 said:

Hi, the DCS/Tacview option Terrain Export generate .srtm files that I can't handle (in qgis for example).
It's possible to convert them in more manageable hgt, or better export hgt directly?
Thx for attention.

Hi,

Terrain Export is intended for use in Tacview only. It is in SRTM format because that takes up less space. 

Edited by BuzyBee
typo

Hi.

I am using Tacview on a dedicated server. I have set up saving tracks to separate files for each client (option ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 3).

However, Tacview does not create tracks for some clients. For most clients the tracks are recorded correctly in separate files, but for one of the clients they are recorded sporadically. I have not found any Tacview related errors in the DCS logs. Could someone please give me advice on how to debug this?

Настоящий летчик-испытатель должен свободно летать на всем, что только может летать, и с некоторым трудом на том, что, вообще говоря, летать не может.

On 12/14/2022 at 6:55 PM, Martyr said:

Hi.

I am using Tacview on a dedicated server. I have set up saving tracks to separate files for each client (option ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 3).

However, Tacview does not create tracks for some clients. For most clients the tracks are recorded correctly in separate files, but for one of the clients they are recorded sporadically. I have not found any Tacview related errors in the DCS logs. Could someone please give me advice on how to debug this?

Hi,

There is a known bug where the first client to connect does not always get a recording. The workaround is to connect then immediately disconnect and reconnect. Does this sound like what is happening in your case?

В 16.12.2022 в 20:29, BuzyBee сказал:

Hi,

There is a known bug where the first client to connect does not always get a recording. The workaround is to connect then immediately disconnect and reconnect. Does this sound like what is happening in your case?

Yes, that sounds like exactly the situation. Thank you.

Настоящий летчик-испытатель должен свободно летать на всем, что только может летать, и с некоторым трудом на том, что, вообще говоря, летать не может.

Announcing Tacview's Holiday Sale: 40% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from December 22nd to January 5th.

To upgrade from Tacview Standard to Tacview Advanced at an equivalent discount, send us an email at support@tacview.net

Happy flying!

https://tacview.net/purchase/

tacview-holiday-sale-2022-2023.png

Edited by BuzyBee
formatting

Hi.

We are using Tacview on a Dedicated Server with Server Recording.

Is it possible to change the path, where tacview stores the acmi files? (Dedicated Server -> so no DCS GUI). We would like to use a nextcloud folder instead of ../Documents/Tacview.

5 hours ago, thornx said:

Hi.

We are using Tacview on a Dedicated Server with Server Recording.

Is it possible to change the path, where tacview stores the acmi files? (Dedicated Server -> so no DCS GUI). We would like to use a nextcloud folder instead of ../Documents/Tacview.

Yes!

In Config\options.lua find the Tacview options and add or change:

["tacviewExportPath"] = ""

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Attention all flight simulation enthusiasts! The long-awaited update for Tacview has finally arrived! The latest version, Tacview 1.9.0, includes a range of exciting new features and improvements to enhance your flight analysis experience.

With added support for Falcon 4 real-time telemetry and temporary files, as well as DCS: South Atlantic map, Mirage F-1CE, and MB-339 aircraft, you can take your flight simulations to new heights. Plus, the real-time telemetry lag option ensures smooth recordings even for challenging conditions.

The addition of MSAA x4 anti-aliasing and Adaptive v-sync support to the 2D and 3D views, along with the option to switch between true and magnetic north, provides a more accurate and visually stunning experience. Improved HUD speed and altitude display, crisp terrain textures, and better mouse object selection, also add to the already impressive list of improvements.

The latest release also includes important bug fixes to address crashes, inaccuracies, and UI issues. So, upgrade to Tacview 1.9.0 today and experience the improved flight analysis tool that helps you take your flight simulation to new heights!

This announcement was written entirely by ChatGPT so that Vyrtuoz could keep working on Tacview 2.0

https://tacview.net/download/

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED support for Falcon 4 real-time telemetry
  • ADDED support for Falcon 4 FLT temporary files
  • ADDED support for DCS: South Atlantic map
  • ADDED support for DCS: Mirage F-1CE
  • ADDED support for DCS: MB-339
  • ADDED real-time telemetry lag option to better support some recorders
  • ADDED numerous entries to the database
  • ADDED new shortcut AltGr+B to inject bookmarks in DCS World
  • ADDED OutOfSyncWarning registry option to disable desynchronized real-time telemetry warning
  • ADDED support for up to 9 locked targets
  • ADDED support for pilot health telemetry variables
  • ADDED MSAA x4 anti-aliasing to 2D and 3D views (basically free since Tacview is CPU bound)
  • ADDED Adaptive v-sync support for improved replay depending on the system performance
  • ADDED Option to switch between true and magnetic north
  • IMPROVED HUD speed and altitude display
  • IMPROVED Garmin CSV telemetry files support
  • IMPROVED KML telemetry files support
  • IMPROVED crispness of terrain textures
  • IMPROVED mouse objects selection from the 3D view
  • IMPROVED Events are now displayed in the 3D view for 5 seconds when auto-pause disabled
  • IMPROVED Korea database and terrain for BMS 4.36
  • IMPROVED Israel database and terrain for BMS 4.36
  • IMPROVED DCS2ACMI diagnostic log
  • IMPROVED debug log

FIXES

• FIXED crash when displaying non power of two texture in 3D view
  • FIXED support of IGC files with lines of more than 99 characters
  • FIXED old hack preventing aircraft from flying higher than 60Kft in FSX2ACMI
  • FIXED media duration was not displayed after opening a file
  • FIXED xml AARRGGBB colors were not associated properly to predefined colors
  • FIXED weapons trails too thin to be visible in some cases
  • FIXED Save option not available during real-time telemetry recording
  • FIXED potential rare infinite loop in the UI
  • FIXED pitch was inverted in Telemetry.SetTransform() SDK function
  • FIXED Auto-pause could be stuck on a bookmark event
  • FIXED Aircraft and aircraft carriers position not synchronized during real-time telemetry

tacview-190-hud.png

Edited by BuzyBee
Added screenshot, fixed typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

When I installed the MT update today and started playing DCS in MT, TacView stopped recording. I reinstalled TacView, verified that the acmi export path is correct, and verified that the exports.lua script calls the adjacent TacView lua script. I checked my dcs.log file and it looks like TacView is starting. Here are the relevant lines. I searched for "Tacview error 29", but didn't get any results.

2023-03-11 05:27:12.959 INFO    TACVIEW.GUI.LUA (Main): Tacview 1.9.0.200 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded.
2023-03-11 05:27:12.959 INFO    APP (Main): Loaded C:\Users\Jason\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks\TacviewGameGUI.lua
2023-03-11 05:31:10.143 INFO    TACVIEW.EXPORT.LUA (Main): Loading C++ flight data recorder from [C:\Users\Jason\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\]
2023-03-11 05:31:10.143 INFO    TACVIEW.EXPORT.LUA (Main): Tacview 1.9.0.200 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded.
2023-03-11 05:31:11.657 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Tacview Flight Data Recorder 1.9.0.200 Loaded.
2023-03-11 05:31:11.657 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Config={tacviewModuleEnabled=1, tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled=1, tacviewSinglePlayerFlights=2, tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient=2, tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost=2, tacviewBookmarkShortcut=0, tacviewAutoDiscardFlights=10, tacviewDebugMode=0, tacviewTerrainExport=0, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled=1, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort=42674, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword="", tacviewRemoteControlEnabled=0, tacviewRemoteControlPort=42675, tacviewRemoteControlPassword="", tacviewExportPath=""}
2023-03-11 05:31:11.657 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Running in single player mode.
2023-03-11 05:31:11.657 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Tacview is set to [Record All Available Data]
2023-03-11 05:31:11.657 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Export path: [C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Tacview\]
2023-03-11 05:31:34.036 ERROR   TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Failed to create flight data recording [] (error: 29)
2023-03-11 05:31:34.040 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Export rights granted by the host: PlayerPlane=[1] PlayerSensors=[1] OtherObjects=[1]
2023-03-11 05:41:11.776 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): During the last 600.0s an average of 0 units objects and 0 ballistic objects have been active per frame
2023-03-11 05:41:11.776 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): The average frame rate of 82.0fps would have been 82.0fps if the flight data recorder was disabled
2023-03-11 05:41:11.776 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): DCS World simulation is taking 100.0% of CPU
2023-03-11 05:41:11.776 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main):  DCS GetWorldObjects is taking  0.0% of CPU
2023-03-11 05:41:11.776 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main):     Tacview recorder is taking  0.0% of CPU
2023-03-11 05:41:11.776 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): DCS Lua heap size: 617 KiB
2023-03-11 05:50:29.803 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): End of flight data recorder.
2023-03-11 05:51:45.646 INFO    TACVIEW.EXPORT.LUA (Main): Loading C++ flight data recorder from [C:\Users\Jason\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\]
2023-03-11 05:51:45.647 INFO    TACVIEW.EXPORT.LUA (Main): Tacview 1.9.0.200 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded.
2023-03-11 05:51:47.007 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Tacview Flight Data Recorder 1.9.0.200 Loaded.
2023-03-11 05:51:47.007 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Config={tacviewModuleEnabled=1, tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled=1, tacviewSinglePlayerFlights=2, tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient=2, tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost=2, tacviewBookmarkShortcut=0, tacviewAutoDiscardFlights=10, tacviewDebugMode=0, tacviewTerrainExport=0, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled=1, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort=42674, tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword="", tacviewRemoteControlEnabled=0, tacviewRemoteControlPort=42675, tacviewRemoteControlPassword="", tacviewExportPath=""}
2023-03-11 05:51:47.007 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Running in single player mode.
2023-03-11 05:51:47.007 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Tacview is set to [Record All Available Data]
2023-03-11 05:51:47.008 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Export path: [C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Tacview\]
2023-03-11 05:51:57.452 ERROR   TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Failed to create flight data recording [] (error: 29)
2023-03-11 05:51:57.456 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Export rights granted by the host: PlayerPlane=[1] PlayerSensors=[1] OtherObjects=[1]
2023-03-11 05:54:40.405 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): End of flight data recorder.

13 hours ago, Wile E. said:

When I installed the MT update today and started playing DCS in MT, TacView stopped recording. I reinstalled TacView, verified that the acmi export path is correct, and verified that the exports.lua script calls the adjacent TacView lua script. I checked my dcs.log file and it looks like TacView is starting. Here are the relevant lines. I searched for "Tacview error 29", but didn't get any results.

Is it possible that Tacview does not have authorization to write to your Documents folder? Try changing the recording folder to Downloads or something. Options → ACMI Files Recording Folder..

I disabled the windows directory protection security feature and that fixed it. I'll see if I can create a exception for Tacview. I'm guessing it's not as simple as chmod or chown on windows.

It's weird that this popped up after installing the MT update.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Wile E. said:

I disabled the windows directory protection security feature and that fixed it. I'll see if I can create a exception for Tacview. I'm guessing it's not as simple as chmod or chown on windows.

It's weird that this popped up after installing the MT update.

Thanks.

On my system I go to Windows Security → Protection History and I am able to authorize individual programs one by one.

• 4 weeks later...

There seems to be a bug with unit positioning in .acmis in 1.9.0 and DCS Open Beta 2.8.3.38090 MT (not tested in other builds or versions).

See the attached screenshots which were taken at the exact same moment in time for the F-14 and the Mirage F1, respectively, using active pause.

Comparing the HUD screenshot from in-game and Tacview, it becomes apparent that while for both aircraft the pitch angle is captured accurately, the target is displaced by approximately 5° below its position in the Tacview HUD view compared to the aircraft's HUD.

The target is located in PG, N24°35.957 E054°42.910.

Since the same problem occurs in two aircraft types I suppose the modules by themselves are not causing the issue.

Also tested this in Caucasus against a different target (APC, not tank as in PG) and I get the same result (5° displacement).

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Stickler

I have Tacview advanced, and ever since the 1.9.0 version, my map view completely freezes after I try to change the camera (external, satellite, free cam). I can still see my playback bar advancing, but everything else is frozen.

This basically renders the software unusable... any tips?

Well I'll be damned... Installing the 1.9.0 Beta 3 (opting in the beta using Steam) completely fixed the issue.

Edited by hisothiro

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B

9 hours ago, hisothiro said:

I have Tacview advanced, and ever since the 1.9.0 version, my map view completely freezes after I try to change the camera (external, satellite, free cam). I can still see my playback bar advancing, but everything else is frozen.

This basically renders the software unusable... any tips?

Well I'll be damned... Installing the 1.9.0 Beta 3 (opting in the beta using Steam) completely fixed the issue.

There was an issue with the most recent drivers of certain graphics cards that started causing problems in Tacview 1.9.0. We fixed it in Tacview 1.9.0 beta 3. So, your story checks out. 🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stickler said:

There seems to be a bug with unit positioning in .acmis in 1.9.0 and DCS Open Beta 2.8.3.38090 MT (not tested in other builds or versions).

See the attached screenshots which were taken at the exact same moment in time for the F-14 and the Mirage F1, respectively, using active pause.

Comparing the HUD screenshot from in-game and Tacview, it becomes apparent that while for both aircraft the pitch angle is captured accurately, the target is displaced by approximately 5° below its position in the Tacview HUD view compared to the aircraft's HUD.

The target is located in PG, N24°35.957 E054°42.910.

Since the same problem occurs in two aircraft types I suppose the modules by themselves are not causing the issue.

Also tested this in Caucasus against a different target (APC, not tank as in PG) and I get the same result (5° displacement).

Maybe the issue is that the cockpit view puts the camera at the center of the plane (0,0,0) not where the pilot's head is. 

Can you please share the ACMI file with an attached screenshot and time stamp?