The Enemy Within SP Campaign FULL for A10C

..I will also check if it is necessary to call Chevy to advance into next mission, I am almost certain that destroying enemy forces should be enough...

It's not necessary to call in assistance from Chevy. I destroyed all targets and then had to eject; no call for assistance -> Mission success.

Mission 5 awaiting this weekend. Sitting down behind the joystick on friday night when the house is finally quiet with a cold beer and a glass of whisky... That is quality time!

I don't know why people complain about this asbestos stuff...it don't smell so bad.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Baltic, thanks for your reply. BTW, I managed to narrow it down to 2-3 mods, out of which one is causing the crash. I got rid of those and no more crashes now. BTW Im so stuck on Hammerfall part 3, the clouds are so low that I cannot use the TGP from safe altitude at all. Is one supposed to deviate from the flightplan due to wheather and go low level in order to get eyes on the target? BTW when Im zipping between the valleys and approach the target waypoint, with labels off, I have simply almost no chance to spot the target and get the SPI on it for a subsequent high altitude JDAM strike, guess I need to practice more :P

Hmm, Hammerfall 3 is I think one of the most difficult missions out of 18, perhaps with the exception of last one.. if you have problems following the flight plan, try to anchor south of the target, you should be able to mark the targets for subsequent JDAM strikes and also use mavericks, it is all about fiding the sweet spot. Good luck with it!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

For Hammerfall 3 , it is important to get the SAM to "waste" all its missiles by getting close to it but as soon as it fires at you or your wingmen , you quickly deviate to the valley right next to the target , consequence is that the mountain will act as a barrier and if you do this 2 times, then you can easily take out the bunkers with JDAM and everything else (high threats) with Mavericks, then your wingmen can do the easy stuff (targets of opportunity).

I hope this helps.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Hi baltic_dragon, just wanted to comfirm if in mission 14 OP Thunderstorm, Axeman in 33 FM is supposed to be an option, i mean F4 JTAC in radio menu?

Ive tried and tried but there is no way i can contact him, no option in radio.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Hi baltic_dragon, just wanted to comfirm if in mission 14 OP Thunderstorm, Axeman in 33 FM is supposed to be an option, i mean F4 JTAC in radio menu?

Ive tried and tried but there is no way i can contact him, no option in radio.

Hey, he should be avaialble unless the complex is destroyed before you call him (by Georgian Su-25's for instance). I will check it though once I have a moment and will let you know for sure!

You can also contact Axeman by F10 to check status of enemy AA threat. Let me know if it works!

Hey, he should be avaialble unless the complex is destroyed before you call him (by Georgian Su-25's for instance). I will check it though once I have a moment and will let you know for sure!

You can also contact Axeman by F10 to check status of enemy AA threat. Let me know if it works!

Ok, yes, i was thinking that could be it, i called the Su25's before looking for the complex. I already had 90% mission complete.

Perhaps I made it too easy then, but in my testing Georgians were next to useless when it came to hitting anything ;)

:lol: yes.

Ok today night onto last Mission : Final Blow

lots of fun uptill now, but what will i do when i finish this???

There are no more Campaigns in the forseeable future!

I will have to go and master some other bird.:)

:lol: yes.

Ok today night onto last Mission : Final Blow

lots of fun uptill now, but what will i do when i finish this???

There are no more Campaigns in the forseeable future!

I will have to go and master some other bird.:)

Let me know how you liked the last mission :)

I am working on an ambitious MP project now, and I have enough material to make another - albeit shorter - SPmcampaign out of it, probably with 8-9 missions. Or just change the MP mission into SP one with great replayability (8 to 10 random taskings, secondary targets etc). I will keep you posted :)

Really enjoying the campaign so far. Thank you for doing this. Excellent work.

Thanks! Glad you like it!

In Operation Hamerfall Part 3, is there supposed to be a working JTAC? Otherwise, it seems like a suicide mission flying under low clouds into the mountain fortress.

I don't think there's a JTAC available.

If you look closely at the TAD, you should be able to descend into valleys where there are roads or rivers and then work your way to the target area below the clouds.

I think this is one of the most challenging missions I've ever flown in DCS, but it is absolutely doable when you use all of the A-10C's capabilities.

The joy of beating this mission is worth the effort IMO. :)

In Operation Hamerfall Part 3, is there supposed to be a working JTAC? Otherwise, it seems like a suicide mission flying under low clouds into the mountain fortress.

Yes, there is JTAC but only after you destroy the Strela. JTAC will give you coordinates for the bunkers.

Finished the Campaign, it was really good, i enojyed it alot. The last mission was ok in difficulty, though not so difficult as Hammerfall 3.

Just one last thing that i remember, the Yatch mission was abit strange in the sense that i wasnt able to shoot it but i still passed, maybe my wingman did it?

Drinking and flying? ;) have fun tonight!

Managed to squeeze in one mission last weekend... Almost...

Op Hammerfall #2. Was RTB when my daughter woke up in the middle of the night. Had to finish the mission and land with her sitting in my lap reaching for the flight controls... Living the rock'n roll life with small children in the house.

Seems like I'm up for a challenge this weekend with Hammerfall #3 according to all comments above. Will be fun!

I don't know why people complain about this asbestos stuff...it don't smell so bad.

I made some progress in Mission Hammerfall #3 and finally managed to take out the sam. This triggers now the next event with JTAC.

However, Im a bit confused. I make a new waypoint from the coordinates I get from JTAC, climb above the clouds and conduct a JDAM strike from the vector JTAC told me. However, my bombs always land right in a mountain that is masking the target. Maybe Im too stupid, but what now? I can go for another vector in order not to have the mountains in the way, but that would violate the instructions I received from JTAC. Or am I missing something.

In either way, your campaing is awesome, with this mission alone I learned a lot that I did not know before! Thanks for your help

However, Im a bit confused. I make a new waypoint from the coordinates I get from JTAC, climb above the clouds and conduct a JDAM strike from the vector JTAC told me. However, my bombs always land right in a mountain that is masking the target.

The coordinates from JTAC are not accurate enough for JDAM, only to find the target. After the SAM is gone you can fly just below the clouds through the valley and mark the target(s) from a few miles distance. Then either use JDAM from above or Maverick from below the clouds.

Finished the Campaign, it was really good, i enojyed it alot. The last mission was ok in difficulty, though not so difficult as Hammerfall 3.

Just one last thing that i remember, the Yatch mission was abit strange in the sense that i wasnt able to shoot it but i still passed, maybe my wingman did it?

This is within the logic of the whole campaign - if you fail your objective sometimes you will have a different debriefing, at others you will be taken to a different mission at the next stage. But I don't like to make players replay missions over and over again ;) unless ir is OP Hammerfall 3, of course :music_whistling:

Managed to squeeze in one mission last weekend... Almost...

Op Hammerfall #2. Was RTB when my daughter woke up in the middle of the night. Had to finish the mission and land with her sitting in my lap reaching for the flight controls... Living the rock'n roll life with small children in the house.

Seems like I'm up for a challenge this weekend with Hammerfall #3 according to all comments above. Will be fun!

I know the feeling exactly - small children rock :) one thing I can say about OP Hammerfall 3 is not to rush, plan ahead, check target, find good angles.. it is absolutely doable.

heh when I do that I get taken out by infantry/AAA. Guess I need to order my wingman to take those out with mavs before I go in. :)

See above :) hope you will beat it, the rest of the campaign is waiting!

heh when I do that I get taken out by infantry/AAA. Guess I need to order my wingman to take those out with mavs before I go in. :)

You don't need to get that close. You can see the bunkers on TGP from beyond AAA range (once the SAM is out), but you have too look from the right direction :)