MiG-29

cro_mig_21

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just reading the book How to Fly and Fight in the MiG-29 which is one of the books by Jane's "at the controls" series and found an interesting quote in the section about Close Combat.this a direct quote from the book "in a fast moving dogfight,many MiG-29 pilots fly with the missile trigger depressed,so that if the HMS or IRST locks onto a target as it flashes past,the missile will lock on and fire automatically." Is this modeled in the DCS FC3 MiG-29?if it is not ,will it be with the new MiG-29 PFM coming out?

Actually you can do that if you have a Saitek Joystick and you set an advance programming entry with the Saitek software. The idea is awesome and that work perfectly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My god, what a horrible idea.

If it's true what the book say's and a lot of MIG-29 pilots do that, how can it be a horrible idea? Offcourse what GGTharos happens.. But if many 29 pilots do that why should that not be included. If this is realistic than it should be in this sim that claims it wants everything done as realistic as possible. Even if it has some down falls.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Since the cockpit is apperently completed im guessing (Hoping) that we will see it as a part of the DCS 1.5 Release (Open beta) in September?

I'm really interested in that too, can someone from the dev or testers team confirm will the new pit will be available with DCS 1.5 or not.

Su-33 PFM is first before Mig-29.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Waiting is hard yes but no other sim if better than DCS.

Imagine soon we have F-18 , Super hornet , Mirage-2000 , Typhoon , Mirage F1 , F-14.

• Like 1

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Waiting is hard yes but no other sim if better than DCS.

Imagine soon we have F-18 , Super hornet , Mirage-2000 , Typhoon , Mirage F1 , F-14.

the only one of those i dont think i will get is the Typhoon.

The Mirages and the F18 are guaranteed purchases but im not sure about the F-14 and Super hornet and i will probably pass on the Typhoon.

Being french I wiould buy any mirage but to be honest I will buy the first Mirage out and pass the second, too much modules. Same for F-18E and F-18C Ill buy the first hornet out.

• 2 weeks later...

well the Su-33 is still just dumb unguided bombs.

They could maby add the abillity to use Anti-ship missiles.

but its not a "real" multirole.

The only real advantage over the Mig-29 if using it in a Multi-Role Mode is the much larger loadout.

Meaning you can carry more air-Ground ordnance while still maintaining some Air-Air weapons.

the only one of those i dont think i will get is the Typhoon.

The Mirages and the F18 are guaranteed purchases but im not sure about the F-14 and Super hornet and i will probably pass on the Typhoon.

Who is doing the Super Hornet, isn't we only gonna get a F-18C Hornet..??

molon-labe-black-header.jpg