[OPEN] CD key no longer valid

malcheus

Ouch! Just got burned by the Mig-21bis again. Now it won't activate because it has finally taken ALL my available activations. 31 days and counting I suppose. ED says not their problem and haven't heard a peep out of Leatherneck.

You should have received a new key from us earlier today.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Yes I did!

You should have received a new key from us earlier today.

Thanks to you Nick. I know this issue has been an ongoing problem for you folks, but knew all along you would do the right thing. :thumbup:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 1 month later...
.....of diminishing activations whenever you keep the Mig-21 bis module in your stable. I feel fairly confident from what we've seen from LS, they will address our issue and do right by us. Be patient, if possible.:cry:

Update... and again... and again

Now down to 2 activations. Still zero changes to computer h/w.

• 1 month later...
Update... and again... and again

Now down to 2 activations. Still zero changes to computer h/w.

Same here. Down to 4 now. Updated the drivers for my GTX 980 Ti and BAM! 'Serious hardware change detected'.

Try to re-activate, it says 'successful' but then loops back to the 'serious hardware change detected.'

Sent the email with the error report. Never heard back the first time I did this several months ago. I guess we'll see what happens.

I guess I won't be playing Mig21 and I certainly won't be purchasing any Leatherneck modules in the future until this kind of non-sense is fixed.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem with Mig-21Bis. I'm down to 5 activations. Or is it 4?

Is it possible that the speed of the CPU be part of the CPU id key? My Asus Maximus VIII Hero is configured to operate at variable clock speeds. If some code does something like:

string hardwarecode = system.getcpumodel() + system.getcpuspeed() + system.getmac() + ...

and somehow the immediate value of the CPU clock speed is included in the computation of the hardware key, it could explain why the problem seems intermittent and not present on all computers.

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

I had to apply the registry key deletion solution twice. I can't explain why the first try didn't take.

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Same here. Down to 4 now. Updated the drivers for my GTX 980 Ti and BAM! 'Serious hardware change detected'.

Try to re-activate, it says 'successful' but then loops back to the 'serious hardware change detected.'

Sent the email with the error report. Never heard back the first time I did this several months ago. I guess we'll see what happens.

I guess I won't be playing Mig21 and I certainly won't be purchasing any Leatherneck modules in the future until this kind of non-sense is fixed.

Have you e-mailed us under the e-mail you're posting here with?

If so-- we do not have an e-mail from you. Let me know,

Thanks!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

i don't think this gonna be a problem for leatherneck or other dev.

i remember that i spent all my install credits of flaming cliffs 1.2 while i had been updating my pc and ED gave me new set of credits.

as i see Leatherneck is doing the same.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, Is this still a problem? I just received 16 gb of ram and I want to install it (increasing to 32gb). Any precaution measure to take before installation? thanks in advance

Edited by howard

6600K @ 4.3/H100i GTX/Asus Maximus Hero VIII/Asus Tuff 3070ti/32GB Trident Z 2800/500gb 850 EVO/2* 250gb 850EVO/128gb SM951//HX750/Asus Swift PG278Q/Microsoft FFB2/Thrustmaster Warthog/Thrustmaster pedals/TIR 5/Windows 10/64

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all, Is this still a problem?

Hello ... it seems that yes, it is still a problem ... my PC's motherboard has two network cards and today I disabled the one that was not in use (to get rid of a silly warning that Windows posts on its log).

Then, when I started DCS World 1.5, I got the Mig-21 activation message .. since this was the only recent change that I had made to my PC, I exited DCS and re-enabled the network card ... the started DCS again and the activation message was gone.

It's annoying but at least I didnt loose an activation.

I just received 16 gb of ram and I want to install it (increasing to 32gb). Any precaution measure to take before installation? thanks in advance

I think that its best to deactivate the Mig-21 key before making any kind of hardware change, then reactivate afterwards ... it's a pain.

:(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB