New Black Shark screen shots 28 Apr 06

Personaly I am more interested in terrain modelling improvements than detailed ground vehicle models, ...terrain looks the same as flaming cliffs to me, not that its bad anyway

I assume they made it so you cant fly through trees with no effect..they did .....didnt they? :huh:

You'd almost think with as much time as they are putting into the modeling of things we'll never really be looking at, that yes, we should have trees that can't be flown through in a helicopter :music_whistling:

P4-2.4QC-oc'd to 3.2ghz, 2gb Crucial PC6400 DDR2-1066mhz, Evga 8800GTS 640mb, Sata Drives, TIR3Pro

Man I hate to be critical, because I love LOFC and might buy LOBS. But why are the crumbs that we all wait for so centered around ground vehicle graphics? They look great. And if this was a tank sim, I would be more excited about it. But it's not. And I'm not.

A question I have that will help me decide if I'm buying LOBS.

1. What improvements are being implemented from the current LOFC? The reason I ask this because I'm a fixed wing simmer. I love planes. So will there be a benefit in buying LOBS to improve LOFC. Example: Terrain, F-15 ground, F-15 radar improvments and fixes, Sounds, explossion improvements, optimized code, better ATC, improved AI? If any 3 of the above were included in LOBS, I would probably buy it just for that.

Thanks everyone.

Coffee

Big one-seater helo is a very complex system, perhaps to train a pilot costs the same money as the aircraft itself, lol.. That's additional reason behind why the US cancled Comanche program and russians went rather with conventional two seater heli instead of the beauty of coaxial one seater Ka-50..

It's much cheaper to send an compact UAV for recon work these days which costs a few bucks or few thousands more with arms equipment. And for the serious work you already have the fleet of big planes so the category of high tech helicopters is dying out and will probably vanish in a few years. It's too costly to operate and main them..

That being said just look at the BS promo video that's a pure dance!

There has not been good helicopter sim for ages with the notable exception of EECH mod which is now the best combat helo sim you could have..

So, BS is about rare birds and we should be glad to have it in the pipeline.

I hope the device link via LUA will enable full control incl. MFD and infra video link so people could build Ka-50 pits like crazy :)

Also, distributed computing like in Flight Gear, MS Flight Simulator or military sims would be great for that matrox 3display setup..

I don't think training costs were one of the prime reasons the Comanche was cancelled . . . . . . ;)

I can now reveal here, from an internal Pentagon memo about why so much money was spent on a machine that never saw a war zone, the REAL reasons why the Comanche was cancelled . . . . .

comanchecancel.jpg

I love any helo that has ejection seats installed, my favorite chopper is the Sikorsky-85 high speed prototype.

Was that the prototype chopper from the 70's that was the western answer to the hind (read Wing hardpoints and tandem seating) that crashed on an airshow while doing a barrel roll type stunt? IIRC It entered into the roll too low so the pilot tried to exit it with a loop and ended up crashing into the ground. Pilot died in crash by "submarining" out of his seat due to a 4 point harness whereas co-pilot/gunner survived because of a 5 point harness only to later die in hospital. :(

IIRC it was the first chopper to carry the "Black Hawk" Nick.

EDIT: Oops my bad. That was the S-67.

14.jpg

Now you have me interested. hehehe I'll continue my search for a pic.

EDIT 2: :D Found it. Quite a nice bird.

s72.jpg

s72_2.jpg

Hello name is NightWolf

i baught a game at www.lockon.ru called Flamming Cliffs and i cant find my Serial # or Hardware # to download it can you help me ive tryed everything i cant even find my game that i baught but i know i did cause

i have it on record.

Notice that you call yourself NIGHTWOLF, but when yous signed in and posted your name is NIGHWOLF. Notice the t. When you login at the lockon.ru hompage you might want to remember that. When you login you will notice your serial number in a bright yellow on the downloads or the homepage. I forget.

To find the game on ur puter if you downloaded it just go to the search option and search in all hardrives for all files called lockon 1.1. I would think that might help.

I don't think training costs were one of the prime reasons the Comanche was cancelled . . . . . . ;)

I can now reveal here, from an internal Pentagon memo about why so much money was spent on a machine that never saw a war zone, the REAL reasons why the Comanche was cancelled . . . . .

comanchecancel.jpg

hehe

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU