Engine keeps shutting off after AB

Elefant1301

Hi,

Maybe I am missing something but I recently noticed that the engine kept shutting off after having used the afterburners (when the throttle is back to full dry). I don't remember it behaved this way before...

It is during a custom mission, aircraft armed with RN-28, 4 missiles and SPRD-99 (jettisoned after the take-off).

Did I forget something ?

:suspect::suspect:

It would be easier to help if you would post a track. I didn't run into this problem (yet) and I flew the MiG quite a bit yesterday including some Air-Ground with rockets.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Here is the track.

You'll notice two shut off, one at high speed and the other one at about 700 kph IAS if I remember well.

Please do not comment on the choice of the target, it was just a training on a ghost town...:lol:

The first shut off happens after the atomic raid when intercepting the lonely S3 and the second one after the S3 gets destroyed by two RS missiles.

atomic_bomb.trk

I'll have a look later ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

I just bought this module two days ago so I'm still very new to the Mig-21. But I keep experiencing flameouts too. I don't think I'm overspeeding or making to many extreme maneuvers but I could be wrong. I hope someone can answer OP's question. Maybe I slow down too fast...

Elefant, the first flameout was because of overspeed. Not engine overspeed but IAS overspeed. At nearly 1400km/h IAS the flameout happened. 1300km/h is the limit. With the current FM, your alarmbells should ring whenever the nosecone goes beyond 40% at high speed. You had it at 50% at the moment of the flameout.

The second flameout was because of G near 0. You were at +/-0G for approx. 5 seconds when the flameout occured.

So everything is fine with the MiG-21.

Fox

0G.JPG.9a750a845445e7ee18bbbfa3a710cf59.JPG

Screen_150329_135719.thumb.jpg.c474c7ba8f8374485a52d22dfed2522f.jpg

• Like 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3