whats up with all the servers at HL

I find this kinda disappointing that NONE of the servers in HL have external views on. I generally use cockpit as everyone...but for missile launch I like to use external views for vehicles etc... :pilotfly: :joystick:

This would be my request to vvs504 or other servers....All servers say open difficulty...but none of them allow this option :(

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Erm ... externals can be used to cheat ... so they aren't used, save for certain specified times/missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Witch I agree that externals do have a great fun factor with respect to watching weapons, etc but GG is right. The servers are running missions that require at least some sort of teamwork, strategy, etc. Externals open up waaaay too many dishonest opportunities. I, and the other admins will turn them on for the carrier practice map or some other where there isn't an impact on the outcome of a mission. Co-op maps too- but you just don't see them much because the idea is to start a large capacity, multi faceted mission & leave it alone for a while.

<whatever> servers should have whatever options they want on or off. The (usually paying) server owner makes the rules, not the visitors.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest Cali
<whatever> servers should have whatever options they want on or off. The (usually paying) server owner makes the rules, not the visitors.

I agree with GGTharos, if your paying the money then you can have whatever options you want on. So Witchking make a set up a server yourself or host a game. I like external views also but too many people cheat already why give them another tool to use. Nobody is flaming you just telling you the facts.

Yup. Go ahead and get one set up and do as you wish.

Yup but my point is for A/G external views are ok and as a minimum you must appear on the map to be realistic.(another thing servers ignore:doh: , so how do we find the targets?) A/G on most servers now is just a duck shoot so there is no point to them. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Yup but my point is for A/G external views are ok and as a minimum you must appear on the map to be realistic.(another thing servers ignore:doh: , so how do we find the targets?) A/G on most servers now is just a duck shoot so there is no point to them. :music_whistling:

Well.

One could start by reading the briefing. :music_whistling: I know- some don't always type out a huge, detailed briefing- but cmon now. If it's titled "Battle for Kirov" with Kirov in the middle of blue & red troops- well that's pretty self explanatory don't you think?

Then, we could have a look at the Map screen. The entire battlefield is laid out before you. Note key landmarks & features on the map- note where the "line" is, etc etc. (before clicking FLY, of course) Lets see a little effort here before dismissing all of our hard work & expense ok?

Missions change on the servers, some use an auto rotation tool- there's plenty to do. Anyone can submit a mission to the admins of the 77th anytime they want! We'll look it over, and if it's a good one for the server- we'll throw it up there! Several guys spend a LOT of time trying to make missions just so everyone else can enjoy themselves!

Big capacity servers are not usually going to be single focus co- op style missions. They are large, open, & flexible so the maximum number of pilots have the maximum amount of choice without requiring an admin to constantly babysit it.

well...thanx for the enlightenment guys.I totally understand the limits on CHEATING based on LOMAC's ..weak multiplayer code..hopefully ED should add something like punkbuster in new versions..btw...I was trying to host a mission. For some reason artifacts started appearing and I got a BSOD.

if anyone is interested here it is.....Mind ya....its just a test. ;)

A2G-Su-25_Su-25T.rar

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Well.

One could start by reading the briefing. :music_whistling: I know- some don't always type out a huge, detailed briefing- but cmon now. If it's titled "Battle for Kirov" with Kirov in the middle of blue & red troops- well that's pretty self explanatory don't you think?

Then, we could have a look at the Map screen. The entire battlefield is laid out before you. Note key landmarks & features on the map- note where the "line" is, etc etc. (before clicking FLY, of course) Lets see a little effort here before dismissing all of our hard work & expense ok?

Missions change on the servers, some use an auto rotation tool- there's plenty to do. Anyone can submit a mission to the admins of the 77th anytime they want! We'll look it over, and if it's a good one for the server- we'll throw it up there! Several guys spend a LOT of time trying to make missions just so everyone else can enjoy themselves!

Big capacity servers are not usually going to be single focus co- op style missions. They are large, open, & flexible so the maximum number of pilots have the maximum amount of choice without requiring an admin to constantly babysit it.

The briefing ain't enough, its far too generalised in most cases to be of any use to a pilot. It needs to be much more precise and reccon photos would make it even better. As it is targets at WP2, just doesn't cut it for me. So far the best brief for a mission that I've seen has involved grid references for targets and those are the type of missions I like to fly.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

A nice compromise re: externals would be server-configurable of WHICH external views were active/not....

See, I love to have externals on so I can switch between F2 of my A/C and F3 (fly-by) cos it....er....looks...."cool" (damn, now I look sad). This can't be done atm cos of course F2 cycles through all A/C.

I spend most of my time on 504 server....being a 504 BW pilot (;)), and externals are all off except F11 tower view, it took me ages to get used to it but it IS the best decision, it's just too tempting for some ppl to hit F2 or F5 for nearest A/C, or F7 for ground pounders.

I think where externals are on the server becomes even more airquake-like than it currently is atm...if you look at our server it may have 24 people on it...and only 4 or 5 peeps on TS in total....so there are may be 19 pilots or so not talking with each other (for those who can type better than me, all power to you) - it basically tells me that ppl arent working together, just lone-wolfing/airquaking when they get any radar lock that comes across their HUD (with the obvious exceptions of some pilots like Dynamo, NotiA10, Pilotasso et al).

Anyways, I too would like externals on as I like to look at my A/C and play with views while I ingress to target (I'm a Frog driver not a fighter jock) BUT....views aren't configurable enough serverside to make this practicable. I doubt LOBS will be much different, but damn am I looking forward to a chopper to fly (I'm a closet rotorhead at heart).

Have a go on the 504 server when its quiet, and get used to no externals, you'll be surprised how quickly you get used to it all.

Btw, we (504) have externals on when training....cos its...er...training...externals are useful for learning, but when we fight, externals are off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

My main problem with hyperlobby servers is, fighters..the bl**din bastiges never give me chance:music_whistling:

Seriously ...playin the lone wolf ground pounder online is an exercise in futility

but I still do it.....must be a masochist:pilotfly:

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

My main problem with hyperlobby servers is, fighters..the bl**din bastiges never give me chance:music_whistling:

Seriously ...playin the lone wolf ground pounder online is an exercise in futility

but I still do it.....must be a masochist:pilotfly:

LOL now this is true- at times. The numbers & selected planes do not always create a warm & fuzzy environment for muddin... I also persevere as best I can. I have found lately that many fighters will actually leave you alone until numbers on both sides are sufficient for a reasonable war.

I find this kinda disappointing that NONE of the servers in HL have external views on. I generally use cockpit as everyone...but for missile launch I like to use external views for vehicles etc... :pilotfly: :joystick:

This would be my request to vvs504 or other servers....All servers say open difficulty...but none of them allow this option :(

ACE settings have no external views on :beer:

(Mostly custom ACE with recovery on!)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

• 3 weeks later...

Been thinking of doin' some HL with my FC-install. However, when I go check out the different TS server that are announced in HL I found (almost)no-one there, although there are 17 people in a game at that moment. How do I hook up with you people to see if I can get in the game and talk to the other pilots ? I don't think it's appreciated if I just crash into a game when all other pilots are already flying the mission, is it ?

Thanks

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

I don't think it's appreciated if I just crash into a game when all other pilots are already flying the mission, is it ?

Thanks

Why not? Its their bad that they are not on a servers Teamspeak to benefit from the callouts and information (e.g. bandit heading's) that is shared between pilots.

I can't speak for other servers but you are free to jump into to 504th servers public flights whenever you want and I'm sure at least a few members will show their face (or at least their voice) :megalol: on TS.

Why not? Its their bad that they are not on a servers Teamspeak to benefit from the callouts and information (e.g. bandit heading's) that is shared between pilots.

So, what kind of flying is going on then ? With no comms I can't imagine all pilots are well aware of their task to obtain the mission goals. Mind you, I wouldn't mind a bit of 'airquake' now and again.

I can't speak for other servers but you are free to jump into to 504th servers public flights whenever you want and I'm sure at least a few members will show their face (or at least their voice) :megalol: on TS.

Cool

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Look for my server on HL (is not there everyday, since we mostly join trough the game directly, and I never launch trough there) But we play quite a bit. Around 6PM EST (US)

We are doing a ton of coop with externals on of course. Rocket75 has done a great job building coop missions for us, and I host them in the server.

Maybe I'll start setting it up trough HL more often if there is some interest from other players here. It should be able to handle at least 12-15 clients..

Or send me a PM and I'll share the details to join directly with IP, there is also a dedicated TS channel.

We always welcome new players. :D

sig-YF19a.jpg

Thnks for the offer Neo :thumbup: , but I'm afraid it doens't go well with my timeschedule.

Personally I agree with witchking's idea.. This situation won't attract more players..

I understand a flight simmer needs to learn teamwork/tactic/communication/patience..etc.. it's not a kid's video game right? Sigh. A game is a game after all. The game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable for everyone. Most servers on HL is for veterans not beginners. I dont mind the settings, my closest friend/gamers already gave up playing lockon. Why? the sever setting.. I hear RTFM. practice...join squad..get TRackIr, TS, and blah.. I know those things help a lot. I know most of you can't live without them. You probably hate that a punk joins the server and ruins the whole game. You'd say it is a cheat..that's a cheat..this that... It happens man. What the hell is admin/host for??? If they dont monitor, dont even setup the server. If external view is a cheat, fine. nobody likes to be ass kicked by newbies in the game right? again... this is a game. not a million dolla flight simulation!

Have you thought of why players still fly on Ubi? How come IL2 is more popular?? It's all about various setting of servers. Doesn't matter lockon has a new version coming up.. I bet people who plays lockon will remain same..

Oh- stop whining. There are certainly NOT more players online at UBi. (I guarantee someone is sitting there watching the 2 lobbies waiting to get a screenshot of Ubi having similar or higher numbers)

Show us some screens of veterans treating you or anyone else poorly for no reason at all- simply because you're new. I think it'd be good to expose this behavior that you are implying is so rampant!

Get motivated to learn & get better instead of expecting everyone else to blow off their definition of fun for your sake! I'll go one step further- several of the admins have done (& still do) exactly what you ask in an effort to reach out and then- the noobs don't show up! Or complain about something else!

Go on & set up a server yourself and turn on whatever you want!

We have 2 rookie minded missions available. Ran one of them ALL DAY with everything on. Very little long term activity other than some dip-schtick bombing & sinking his own carrier.

If some of you put as much effort into learning to fly as posting complaints and you'd be an ACE by 2 pm tomorrow.

We used to have these "new pilot days" on our server some time ago where we had rather easy mission set up, externals, labels and other aids on. We also tried to have at least one of our guys hanging on TS/server to assist new guys how to get started. We just might resume with these missions someday..:)

• Like 1

What I find most irritating is that these new guys want you to type out the manual for'em while playing, instead of reading it themselves or trying the training tracks - and people have the gull totell you you're rude or mean because you tell them (politely) that they should do the training because you have BETTER THINGS TO DO with your time.

I get limited flight time. I want to play, not type up start-up instructions for people. What;s wrong with demanding that people at least understand the basics of operating their virtual aircraft?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]