Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Is the mission wind speed set randomly? Or is it supposed to usually be 9-10 m/s at ground level?

The weather information are in the briefing at the very end.

The current pattern is dynamic so it can change over time and yea, the current pattern have initial low temp and strong winds.

I usually change weather when I update the map but lately, i have been working on the launcher.:thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

The weather information are in the briefing at the very end.

The current pattern is dynamic so it can change over time and yea, the current pattern have initial low temp and strong winds.

I usually change weather when I update the map but lately, i have been working on the launcher.:thumbup:

I enjoy seeing some wind. Seems like many of the servers I've tried don't bother and it's pure calm. Is there not way to have the map generate a random wind/weather?

I enjoy seeing some wind. Seems like many of the servers I've tried don't bother and it's pure calm. Is there not way to have the map generate a random wind/weather?

There are some -complex- ways to do that but I prefer to keep a minimum control over the weather to avoid having some aircrafts that can't fly.

Also, a big change in the weather is a nice cue I use to tell recurrent players that the map had some kind of update and they should check the forum for release notes.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Well... I suppose it keeps landings rather "interesting" with a 20 degree sideslip. :lol: My crab's been splattered plenty, especially with the Su-25T.

Just wondered because it's nearly always listed as 9m/s in the Briefing, and 10m/s on the ground from ATC. Didn't know if it changed on it's own.

Is there a ping limit to this server

yeah, fairly certain its 400. You get a 30 second warning when your ping goes over it and if your ping hasn't settled below it after those 30 seconds you'll be kicked.

I think theres also a blocker in place too to stop you rejoining after a ping timeout, I've found I can't rejoin the server after a ping timeout until the reset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah, fairly certain its 400. You get a 30 second warning when your ping goes over it and if your ping hasn't settled below it after those 30 seconds you'll be kicked.

I think theres also a blocker in place too to stop you rejoining after a ping timeout, I've found I can't rejoin the server after a ping timeout until the reset.

Yea like every restrictions, the ping restriction has been added because people would abuse the absence of rules and run DCS at 700+ ms ping with torrents or some other stuff in the background :helpsmilie:

With the limit in place, I've seen these people miraculously get back under 250 :)

The limit should realistically be 300ms because earth is not that big but I've setup it up to 400ms.

If constantly over the limit, you will get chat warning and then get kicked for X minutes.

Like other kicks, the more you get kicked in a session, the greater X is.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

FW-190s Vs Kuznetsov

Quick Tacview recording of NASA6 and I trying an attack on the Kuznetsov. We got so close!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Figured to post some of the screenshots that i collected over the time we got this windy winter wonderland :)

So much fun in so many different missions :thumbup:

Enjoy :) http://imgur.com/a/Hdsiz

FW-190s Vs Kuznetsov

Quick Tacview recording of NASA6 and I trying an attack on the Kuznetsov. We got so close!

Nice guys, I really like to see your adventures on the server. :thumbup:

I am still working an the server uptime and upgrading my DCS launcher to watch for more things than just DCS crashes.

I am also improving performance on how Skynets send ingame information to the launcher.

I know it's not as glamorous for you guys as adding feature in Skynet but here is a screenshot of the new launcher in case you are interested: :smilewink:

DCSLauncher.thumb.jpg.f2fdf613c2ea13893812d6ab7c5d23e7.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Dat attack on the carrier! :lol: You made my day!

I was in the Mig-21bis on OC today thinking "oh I might attack some ground targets", type '-ag' and see the RED Open Sea Fleet as 'Undefended'. So I thought, cool some tankers or similar.

I load up 2 Groms and 2 S-24B and fly there, just to realize 50nm out there is a Moskva guided missle cruiser and the Kuznetzow... :noexpression:

NOPE! :P

Turned back to attack the Anapa Incursion instead! :D:D:D

FW-190s Vs Kuznetsov

i think it was good we got shot down before we reached the Kuznetsov :music_whistling:, saved us the Humiliation (judging how good we were with dropping bombs on that Rezky we would have probably killed some dolphins near the Carrier) :megalol:

-Short story, Open Conflict Tuapse-

The radio crackeld to life, " we have a friendly F5 that just landed near a friendly sam base that is currently in contact with enemy aircraft and under enemy artillery fire!' The only CAS aircraft we have on station is a single A10C! Scramble, scramble, scramble! The sound of the Lycoming turbine engine began to whine as it struggled to start in the subzero temperature but eventually the thump of the slick Huey single rotor blade began to echo across the frozen valley. ETA 18 minutes. We have an A10 on station providing CAS. Moments later, Voodoo1 voodo1 radar contact 15 miles hes doing 500 kts. The A10 immediately switched to a2a mode and began utilizing the awacs instructions to target. Danger close 3 miles...MERGE! A swooping hard left turn the a10 jumped the enemy fighter and the aim9m growl quickly sheered to an ear piercing zing. FOX2! Splash! Over the immense enemy ground fire the the stricken F5 pilot began to hear the legendary sound of rotors, "rescue 1 has eyes on green smoke." The helicopter landed in the soft snow and loaded the pilots. "Archangel this is rescue 1, troops on board and green, coming out." The helicopter spooled to high idle flinging snow and ice in all directions as it lifted off and disappeared into the snow capped mountain tops. Mission Success.

Screen_161031_171044.thumb.jpg.4be3d463d5b71cc77529c9f32222fd9e.jpg

Screen_161031_171916.thumb.jpg.040352219d44250a13564184f879fbfb.jpg

Screen_161031_171940.thumb.jpg.4450ae0b19fbd9514b25e06fa4fa64bb.jpg

Screen_161031_172145.thumb.jpg.accc60aebd96424b92f33552b851267c.jpg

Screen_161031_173229.thumb.jpg.807f4219406b0c80bcc23dad1ed3d325.jpg

Screen_161031_173732.thumb.jpg.0d41431d96d23676e87a09075bacdd4a.jpg

Screen_161031_173736.thumb.jpg.916e1af0bed90a8e0d35180de6fd1f51.jpg

Screen_161031_174646.thumb.jpg.fed0096f5be9264bb167d786b5f4b05d.jpg

Screen_161031_174650.thumb.jpg.752be1ba89bf34c83ac8f069b981fb0e.jpg

Screen_161031_174720.thumb.jpg.41c79d74a35f357828ff2f63c2660e0f.jpg

Screen_161031_174746.thumb.jpg.9b23d50872b00da4eafff554fa472ee8.jpg

Screen_161031_175520.thumb.jpg.e8b82a170128d21ebb54e434741708c3.jpg

Screen_161031_175721.thumb.jpg.7887cf0d2bd4c0ece492be480895aafe.jpg

Screen_161031_180255.thumb.jpg.556ddcbcee15ae30da13ed6ef67ea692.jpg

Screen_161031_180515.thumb.jpg.1d39da4bd6c95975f71842d00da66cc8.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

-Short story, Open Conflict Tuapse-

The radio crackeld to life, " we have a friendly F5 that just landed near a friendly sam base that is currently in contact with enemy aircraft and under enemy artillery fire!' The only CAS aircraft we have on station is a single A10C! Scramble, scramble, scramble! The sound of the Lycoming turbine engine began to whine as it struggled to start in the subzero temperature but eventually the thump of the slick Huey single rotor blade began to echo across the frozen valley. ETA 18 minutes. We have an A10 on station providing CAS. Moments later, Voodoo1 voodo1 radar contact 15 miles hes doing 500 kts. The A10 immediately switched to a2a mode and began utilizing the awacs instructions to target. Danger close 3 miles...MERGE! A swooping hard left turn the a10 jumped the enemy fighter and the aim9m growl quickly sheered to an ear piercing zing. FOX2! Splash! Over the immense enemy ground fire the the stricken F5 pilot began to hear the legendary sound of rotors, "rescue 1 has eyes on green smoke." The helicopter landed in the soft snow and loaded the pilots. "Archangel this is rescue 1, troops on board and green, coming out." The helicopter spooled to high idle flinging snow and ice in all directions as it lifted off and disappeared into the snow capped mountain tops. Mission Success.

"Archangel" lol

Nice story man :thumbup:

Have fun in this freezing sun as the weather forecast is hot and humid :music_whistling:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Nice story man :thumbup:

Have fun in this freezing sun as the weather forecast is hot and humid :music_whistling:

Ooo guess I better get my warbird flying done now while it's nice and cool lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

But but but.... muh contrails :(

on a more serious note its good to see you're still in the loop mirk :) hot and humid is something I've never really flown in before and so should prove an interesting challenge!

The carrier attack by Cribob and NASA isn't done justice by the tacview, watching these two FW190s racing though the fog towards the lumbering silhouette of the Kuznetsov, only for this huge wave of yellow tracer come screaming towards them from the CIWS!

The entire TS exploded into a chorus of 'Very Honourabru!' 'Zig-Zag!' 'Use the Force!' and other such war cries. Hilarity ensued, they got so close!

With the P40 and Spitfire around the corner I'll be delving into the world of props before too long :smilewink:

Also... 28 days till the viggen!!! I can't wait to see what that carrier group makes of my RB04 Missiles.... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh oh, at 40°cel, the ka50 autostart and I think manual start fail, one of the engine doesn't start properly.

I guess that bug hasn't been fix!?

Well, so long hot weather...:cry:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Aw well it's winter in real life anyway so it's more realistic this way you could say?:smartass:

Perhaps blizzard conditions may return? Or classic fall weather with medium temp but matching dew point hindering visibility immensely? Never seen that in MP!;)

COSMIC! Get on today I'm in desperate need of helo party

image.thumb.png.9159effb1a4f4b6e4e0c0461b487576c.png

Edited by acdelta57

Aw well it's winter in real life anyway so it's more realistic this way you could say?:smartass:

Perhaps blizzard conditions may return? Or classic fall weather with medium temp but matching dew point hindering visibility immensely? Never seen that in MP!;)

COSMIC! Get on today I'm in desperate need of helo party

Yea I am actually trying to get this kind of weather but it's not easy :)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

After this power outage, server is back up...

In Masterscript: Skynet v3.4

• Fix objective 'IsStillDefended' function not checking about WarShip
    • Open Sea Fleet in particular won't be considered undefended
    • Reported by Anna

• Prepare the new communication with my DCS Launcher

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.1.8

Air Tankers

• Route changed
    • About the path proposed by Cosmicdoubloon
    • Routes are now perpendicular of the coast instead of off shore
    • About from FOBs to Open Sea Fleets
    • In the conflict zone but at the edge of the protected zone

• US Air tanker altitude and speed changed
    • Proposed by Cosmicdoubloon to make it accessible by both F15 and A10 planes
    • Altitude of 4500m ; Speed of 500km/h

Weather

• Changed to static, overcast, foggy and rainy with some crosswind

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

OMG the new weather is the BEST i have ever seen in DCS!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I had to get back on tonight just to see the new update. A quick L39 run with Bert, here you can see us laying waste to the incursion. This weather will significantly help us little light attack/trainer aircraft guys evade the mighty modern fighters! (also for the record i shot down F15 in L39 just so everyone knows. My first a2a kill will it lol)

The level of fog with high overcast is stunning. Excellent for HELO PARTYS! And the density of the fog is perfect, just enough to obscure some stuff but not too thick to where the air quake players would complain about not being able to find airports :lol:

Navigation skills will actually be useful now!

EXCELLENT update Mirk!:thumbup::pilotfly:

Screen_161103_183323.thumb.jpg.aeaaa2cb803ff6ed852c975d885db1f7.jpg

Screen_161103_183401.thumb.jpg.0e162578d9570233cf89eaee7896501c.jpg

Screen_161103_183402.thumb.jpg.baa358a2418540a6897cfc7a80f6e7ba.jpg

Screen_161103_183414.thumb.jpg.c65e3e4f4b6d036cfe63dd9f7ad3d020.jpg

Screen_161103_183529.thumb.jpg.bb55618ddadf73a2d5ea893dae6c6015.jpg

Screen_161103_183831.thumb.jpg.ebe5d0eedbf6d8240d4316de7cbb95a1.jpg

Screen_161103_184230.thumb.jpg.d98bb9a6b84ee958c6b8116e005a224e.jpg