Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Thats also fair! I just wish more of the people running these servers would be humble enough to ask for help. Plenty of people here with hardware and GB fiber internet ready to help!

perhaps they are afraid that the multiplayer files will get public... :(

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

another point i recognized that there are couple planes in the "duell" section. is that really needed? i barely see anyone using them.

would be nice to have couple more slots for the conflict zone. for flankers and so on.

Sorry if I've not understood your point, but the duel zone slots do not affect the conflict zone at all. The number of aircraft at the conflict zone airports can be changed independently of the duel zone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

another point i recognized that there are couple planes in the "duell" section. is that really needed? i barely see anyone using them.

would be nice to have couple more slots for the conflict zone. for flankers and so on.

Seeing as about 70-80% of the players at all times are already in 4th gen fighters I see no need to add more slots, otherwise the current setup with a respectively small conflict zone would just be overrun by fighters at any times.

One thing OC doesn't need at the moment is more fighters or more slots. A bigger arena is needed.

Once DCS has dedicated server support all our lives will be improved.

+1 to this long overdue feature

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Thats also fair! I just wish more of the people running these servers would be humble enough to ask for help. Plenty of people here with hardware and GB fiber internet ready to help!

Well, i am actually asking for help.

That's why there is a donation page (for the hosting but also the dcs module/map costs).

That's why CrimsonGhost is hosting the TS server.

That's why Ciribob is hosting the SR server

I have worked hard and am working hard on Open Conflict and I also want to keep control on my work to continue applying my philosophies of a public, free and open server and the game designs I like.

Thus I am very picky and wary about hosting the server somewhere else and releasing all control.

However, having someone else host OC is indeed the best way to expand and is actually in the work but it won't happen on this version of OC I am sorry :cry:.

I am working on ReGenesis and making it and the associated tools better to handle remote hosting and I am working with a cool guy to host ReGenesis in a more professional setting :thumbup:

... speaking of the devil...

Great server. Thanks so much! Haven't flown since the patch or since CBU-97s are useless, but will soon. Hope your new project is proceeding? thumbup.gif

Hello Belgriffen and thanks for the encouragement.

The new project is doing fine even if I had a set back last week with my computer frying during a thunderstorm.

It was an old computer that I already planed on replacing but ReGenesis is on hold until the new one arrives.

Still the project is progressing well and the War Dawgs clan Yo! are helping me test the diverse features as they come in.

When I get my new computer, I will most likely expand ReGenesis dev to 2.1 to make sure everything is working outside 1.5.

I prefer to not say to much and wait for stuff to be playable ; no need to create a hype I won't be able to deliver :lol:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I think for starters you should watch what you say about peoples character especially if that person is the one totally and single handedly hosting/editing/updating and providing YOU a server to play on for FREE.

Secondly if you are so concerned what can or can not be accomplished by the host maybe take a sneak peak at the donation page and help out Mirknir.

Yes we all want more slots and more maps or better weather or worse weather, night time, day time and especially more dead F15s...but you have to remember the first point and that is he is doing this on his own, in his own time that costs you nothing. Not every person will be happy at the same time so we should all try to be more tactful and polite when speaking in regards to wishlists or additional slots etc..:thumbup:

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Anyways, the fact is that I am working with bel to host a bigger server with regenesis.

In addition to a better internet, a bigger server also requires some work on skynet performance as well as a bigger map with more battle space.

That's why I am focusing on the next open conflict to do such expansion instead on this one.

I know it's slow since I am busy with life and work but it's progressing :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hi, any chance to see one day a JTAC for buddy lasing on openconflict server? Many pilots would be happy to use it. Asking an a10 pilot to lase is not always practical.

EDIT: For example, if we typed the command -JTAC, we would see the list of the available JTAC capable to lase a target. We would see a list of JTAC with their coordinates such as the -ag command. Then we would contact the JTAC we want on radio with the F10 function to prepare the bomb drop.

Edited by blast
  • Like 1

Guys,although i have a clean installation of DCS i have intergity check fail: textures/m2kc_12c

I am trying to find this texture and delete it but i can't.

also i have tried repairing DCS but it does nothing.

Anyone help? where is this f#@ng texture ?

Edited by Spanker79

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

Guys,although i have a clean installation of DCS i have intergity check fail: textures/m2kc_12c

I am trying to find this texture and delete it but i can't.

also i have tried repairing DCS but it does nothing.

Anyone help? where is this f#@ng texture ?

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Textures\M-2000C-CPT

Thats for the standalone. I think using steam you need to go to the DCS steam directory and follow the folders from "DCS world".

Hi, as you probably noticed more and more players have the M2000 these days. And it is not rare that all slots for M2000 (in both sides) are full such as yesterday.

To solve this could you add 4 more slots for the M2000 at the main airfields (Anapa and Gudota or Gelendzik and Solshi)?

It would be very appreciated.

@Mirknir, have you tried out the new 1.5.7 Beta on your server yet ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I have yet to fly on your Server but I have heard great things from a couple people who fly there regularly.

One thing I'll say about Server Hosting etc, is that it takes a Tremendous amount of work and effort, not only to make sure things are continuously working well, especially when DCS Updates are Frequent and often have an adverse affect on Missions, requiring manual repairs and edits to already complex mission scripts.

But more importantly and time/effort demanding, is the actual Mission Creation itself.

While I know "almost nothing" about mission creation, I have had help from D0o0m (DoW) who has created the vast majority of missions we flew for a couple years on the DoW Server (which is currently waiting for the DCS World Updates to Settle before continuing ... as far as I know).

Each of the missions created by D0o0m are/were very detailed and likely very complex to create (with shit tons of testing and re-testing). All of his efforts paid off because it made for exciting and unique missions that many people could (and did) enjoy.

All said, the point I am trying to make is > that I can only guess that Mirknir (who I have never met online or off and I know Nothing about) has surely put an unprecedented amount of time and effort into mission creation with hopes of having a Server that works well and satisfies the majority of people that fly in that server.

So I'd say without people like Mirknir and D0o0m, there would be very few successful and interesting Servers for any of us to choose from.

And in order to encourage the likes of them to continue and to help offset the Cost of Maintaining Servers and Updates to Servers and Missions AND to help contribute for the Long Hours of Mission Creation and Testing, I highly recommend that people consider DONATIONS as often as possible. Even a $3 or $5 donation monthly can add up if enough people donate.

It is a small price to pay to ensure fun every time you play !

Keep up the good work Mirknir and D0o0m and all others who dedicate so much time to their Server(s) of choice.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Hi, as you probably noticed more and more players have the M2000 these days. And it is not rare that all slots for M2000 (in both sides) are full such as yesterday.

To solve this could you add 4 more slots for the M2000 at the main airfields (Anapa and Gudota or Gelendzik and Solshi)?

It would be very appreciated.

Go ahead and just remove everything thats not 4th gen fighter from the airfields then, I still can't understand how everyone only comes to Open Conflict only wanting to shoot people down.

If anything, less Mirage slots please, when i was online last time there were 12 people in Mirages, everyone probably with fast align turned on, just throwing airframes and missiles around.

The more airquake the less realism, I liked Open Conflict better with a wider range of airframes around, while the majority right now plays the game like this:

1. Autostart

2. Takeoff full burn to the fight

3. Find closest radar contact

4. Fire everything

5. Die

Its not even about fastness, F5s and MIG21 slots are mostly empty. I even fel like the Mirage is the most popular plane right now because it's startig with full fuel and fast align enabeled.

How about turning fast align off?

• Like 1

Go ahead and just remove everything thats not 4th gen fighter from the airfields then, I still can't understand how everyone only comes to Open Conflict only wanting to shoot people down.

If anything, less Mirage slots please, when i was online last time there were 12 people in Mirages, everyone probably with fast align turned on, just throwing airframes and missiles around.

The more airquake the less realism, I liked Open Conflict better with a wider range of airframes around, while the majority right now plays the game like this:

1. Autostart

4. Fire everything

5. Die

Its not even about fastness, F5s and MIG21 slots are mostly empty. I even fel like the Mirage is the most popular plane right now because it's startig with full fuel and fast align enabeled.

How about turning fast align off?

What you are saying doesn't make sense at all. The mirage is one of the most detailed and realistic aircraft to fly in DCS. That's probably why more and more players are interested with it.

When a player enter in an M2000 on open conflict, it is cold and dark and you need to make a full start.

In real life, pilots doesn't have to fully realigned the INS especially when they need to take off as soon as possible. That's why this option exists in DCS. By nature, this aircraft MUST be fast to start up since it is an interceptor.

If you think that players use the M2000 only to make kills you are completely wrong. You can check the kills down/ratio in the leaderboard. You'll see that most of the time it is SU27 and SU33 that are on the top of the list. I remind you that in a CAP configuration the M2000C can carry only 2 semi-actives missiles with medium range (fox1) and 2 infrared missiles with short range (fox2). How many missiles an SU27/SU33/F15 can carry? A lot.

The only way to win with a mirage is to fly in formation, communicate, and having good skills in combat.

The more airquake the less realism

the majority right now plays the game like this:

1. Autostart

4. Fire everything

5. Die

I agree with that statement, but first we can't force players to communicate or to fly in formation, second those players are the most terrible ones with the less kills and the most downs.

I fly in OC almost daily and I think I've seen maybe 2 mirage players ever use it for something other than take off full burn shoot everything off the rails and die as Bert stated. Most kills still belong to the fc3 aircraft because, well, they do the same thing but when they fire everything they have a lot more firing off the rails then the m2k does.

I agree whole heartedly that fast align and should be turned off and the aircraft should be defueld until the new regen comes out with a larger conflict zone.

I can die restart and be back in the air with 4 missiles within 60 seconds in the m2k.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

And for the record I was against de-fueling the mirage in the beginning. But since its popularity has increased, I think that it too should be brought down to its counterparts starting status.

I fly in OC almost daily and I think I've seen maybe 2 mirage players ever use it for something other than take off full burn shoot everything off the rails and die as Bert stated.

I fly on this server very often and what you and Bert saw for the M2000, I saw it with the others aircrafts too: They take off, fly, kill and die. Again, we can't force players to play smartly or to use TeamSpeak for communication.

I agree whole heartedly that fast align and should be turned off and the aircraft should be defueld until the new regen comes out with a larger conflict zone.

Nope. If you start like that then we can ask to remove long range thermal missile from su33 and su27 since we have no warning when they shot. Or we could also limit the numbers of missiles that FC3 aircrafts can carry. Oh wait, you already have others servers doing that...

I can die restart and be back in the air with 4 missiles within 60 seconds in the m2k.
:megalol:

It is faster to be airborne with an FC3 aircraft. With your logic it should take less than 60 seconds, which is of course impossible.

And for the record I was against de-fueling the mirage in the beginning. But since its popularity has increased, I think that it too should be brought down to its counterparts starting status.

There is no reason to ruined the experience on the M2000 just because it is popular for its realism and details. This aircraft has already counterparts due to the limited number of missiles it can carry, and its lower speed.

This server is popular because it offers players expectation not the opposite.

I don't see how having fast align disabled relates to not allowing certain missiles. As is the amrams and their Russian counterparts are only located at forward operating bases anyway in Mirknirs first attempt to stop the Airquake. Not sure where you pulled that one out of.

As for starting faster than fc3 I think u are misunderstanding what I am saying. As is now the mirage can be shot down and back airborne again within 60 seconds. This is enabling air-quake style game play. And like you said everyone is flying mirages.

So enabling air quake+introducing more mirages (like you want) = very poor multiplayer experience for othe people that don't want to be in an air quake server. There are plenty of them online.

Defuel the aircraft and disable quick aline makes the respawn time of the m2k and FC3 more equal.

There's way to much hard work invested in Mirknirs scripting for it to be ruined by Airquake players that just want to have an arcade missile slinging fest. That's what 104th is for.

• Like 1