• Reported by Axel

• Tweaked: Blue Hawk SAM protection
    • Protection has been reduced over Tkibuli lakes

btn_donate_pp_142x27.png

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Ah ok cool infor mirk thanks! Was doing some work on my pc to help minimize some crashes and I was going to delete some files from dcs folder that I think may be causing the problem so im glad to know I won't loose my self proclaimed "expert rescue pilot" status with over 100 rescues now :) also when F5 is released I may have to begin a new identity hehe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

-Aircraft needs to be under a certain AGL altitude (for now 15m)

I remember hovering above a forest trying to pick up a pilot, but I was getting the "you are not low enough" message. I was hovering just above the trees, not sure if there is a bug, or if we need to have those 15m increased a bit ;)

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

Hi, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the Mirage on your server. When I gave it a try the afterburner would not light. I checked my startup procedure offline and it works fine. On your server it just won't go.

I did read your briefing, and I did a forum search, but I can't find any reason for the difference. Thanks.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Ah ok cool infor mirk thanks! Was doing some work on my pc to help minimize some crashes and I was going to delete some files from dcs folder that I think may be causing the problem so im glad to know I won't loose my self proclaimed "expert rescue pilot" status with over 100 rescues now :) also when F5 is released I may have to begin a new identity hehe

On my side, I am experimenting with my objective architecture to see how dynamic I can go.

Recently, of what I've done, I really like the wreck concept (dynamic rescue and capture) and the hospital being both delivery and rescue objectives.

I have ideas to go more in this direction and involve more than helicopters in those 'dynamic event' but it seems like it requires a small rework of Skynet objective system so we'll see how it goes.

On another note, I am also playing ED's last campaign about a Su27 pilot that goes back home to help his village and his family fight against beer-drinking terrorists.

It's pretty good :megalol:

[Vodka breaks] [Why We fight] [Terrorist Hunt]

659190754_VodkaBreak.thumb.jpg.6dfb2bb1e4eedf51b5515f81448b3a31.jpg

312665789_WhyWeFight.thumb.jpg.2a7da133a05dd6e15a2771fe6d9d9395.jpg

476933282_TerroristHunting.thumb.jpg.90728796a1a3e141f1f74eae7080e910.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I remember hovering above a forest trying to pick up a pilot, but I was getting the "you are not low enough" message. I was hovering just above the trees, not sure if there is a bug, or if we need to have those 15m increased a bit ;)

Please, next time, use the -report command when it happens or it will be impossible for me to find the moment and check if it's a bug.

Btw, how high are the trees in DCS?

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hi, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the Mirage on your server. When I gave it a try the afterburner would not light. I checked my startup procedure offline and it works fine. On your server it just won't go.

I did read your briefing, and I did a forum search, but I can't find any reason for the difference. Thanks.

Feels like a mirage200 multiplayer bug more than a server bug.

Server wise, I don't do anything special to aircrafts except setting up radios.

Sadly, I don't have the mirage to do more test. :(

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Yeah, never mind I guess, I tried it again and the AB works fine.:huh:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

hovering above trees to rescue pilot can be very hard especially if its over sloped ground, like a side of a hill, because then the altitude will vary extremely even if you just move a few cm left/right.

in those moments i ignore the reality for a second and just hover IN the trees... they can't damage you (yet)... just imagine the pilot would have moved to a clearing big enough for the heli to land/hover over :)

just finished my first evacuation of downed enemy pilot mission, Spadz now is in the blue prison! hehe...

but again i noticed this: the mission was not listed for me in the skynet F9 rescue menu. but it was showing up on -re cap2. and beacons worked perfectly. also noticed that maybe naming is confusing? CAP2 also referes to our AI CAP flight 2.

i was sad to see 0 points next to my name in the player list, eventough i resupplied the LM59 field hospital, rescued one friendly player pilot and evacuated the enemy player pilot! is it possible to give points for this in the future?

just finished my first evacuation of downed enemy pilot mission, Spadz now is in the blue prison! hehe...

but again i noticed this: the mission was not listed for me in the skynet F9 rescue menu. but it was showing up on -re cap2. and beacons worked perfectly. also noticed that maybe naming is confusing? CAP2 also referes to our AI CAP flight 2.

Using CAP will not confuse Skynet but maybe players?

It was either CAP or CPT or EXT(traction)

I take suggestion :)

For the radio menu not displaying the capture extract, I thin I know why, gonna check after my run.

i was sad to see 0 points next to my name in the player list, eventough i resupplied the LM59 field hospital, rescued one friendly player pilot and evacuated the enemy player pilot! is it possible to give points for this in the future?

I don't control DCS score but run my own where you get points for every action.

I don't promote this Skynet Score as I need to find a way to properly display it, ideally by replacing DCS score.

I will contact the dev team see if it's or will be possible at some point.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

The hover is tough on sloped ground but it does work, you gotta be right above the target and like decipher said if you move a bit your AGL alt will vary greatly and take you out of range. Tried finding some info on winch cables for length but I really couldn't find anything and 50' seems like a pretty standard length

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

Sooo when does the morning time frame come back into rotation? Lol. Can I make

Formal request here?;) I like the lighting effects of sunrise and early dawn when things are dark still

So I was trying to do a hillside pickup and didn't realize my Huey was full. I kept getting messages that I wasn't hovering low enough even though my skids were dragging in the dirt. It makes me think that it's playing the wrong message there ("hover moar!" instead of "u r full!"), could you doublecheck?

So I was trying to do a hillside pickup and didn't realize my Huey was full. I kept getting messages that I wasn't hovering low enough even though my skids were dragging in the dirt. It makes me think that it's playing the wrong message there ("hover moar!" instead of "u r full!"), could you doublecheck?

The messages are correct but "You are not hovering low enough" message might be confusing.

You will get it if you are under the hovering altitude (15m AGL) OR speed ( < 1m/s).

I might update it.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I didn't get the speed part, so that's a good thing to add. What I was actually getting at, though, was that the "you are full" message should probably be higher priority than the "hover low enough" message, in order to avoid a frustrating situation where a pilot goes to a lot of trouble to hover properly and then still can't do the pickup.

A pilot should know what's in his inventory at all times tho!

I knew what was in my inventory, I just thought it was larger than it was :o I'd been thinking I could carry five passengers instead of three.

Yea, for me, knowing what you transport and what you can transport is part of the piloting like handling your fuel.

If you have committed time and fuel to go to an objective you can't complete because you are full and if you are in the process of trying to hover over it, I don't think the order of the "cant do it" checks are that important even if it could save you the trying-to-hover time.

It reminds me of when I do a nice approach, align with the targets and do a rocket run with only 2 left in the tubes :smilewink:

Your current load and load capacities are in the "my status" ; "my inventory" and "you've loaded/picked-up something" popups so it's a lot of tool to help you.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Haha^ or when you go to make a rocket pass over inf hideout and find out ur weapons are on safe and now u fly over the ak47s and get shot to sh*t for free!:doh:

talking about inventory, small bug report (or i am doing something wrong - always possible :D ):

loaded 3 nurses (cough cough)... and repair cargo in huey. then i noticed, the field hospital was already supplied. so i chose "drop cargo". this returned an error message "no cargo to unload"... but:

it removed the repair cargo load, but i was not able to "dump" the 3 medical personal people, neither with drop cargo nor rescue unload etc...

------------

another random idea blurp i had:

if friendly pilot is captured, extraction mission pops up, where you have to load up infantry, drop them off nearby the crashed pilot and let them free the pilot from captivity, while you wait and then you have to extract them under fire just like in those epic movie scenes from the cheesy 80s warmovies!

i remember playing on a different server (oh the blasphemy!) where they had scripted missions for helicopters where you would get something like "enemy soldiers attacked the village of X" you could transport ground troops, drop them off nearby, they would fight, you could attack the enemies too and after (if) your ground forces won, you could extract them again and return.

good times!

Is the server down?

talking about inventory, small bug report (or i am doing something wrong - always possible :D ):

loaded 3 nurses (cough cough)... and repair cargo in huey. then i noticed, the field hospital was already supplied. so i chose "drop cargo". this returned an error message "no cargo to unload"... but:

it removed the repair cargo load, but i was not able to "dump" the 3 medical personal people, neither with drop cargo nor rescue unload etc...

------------

another random idea blurp i had:

if friendly pilot is captured, extraction mission pops up, where you have to load up infantry, drop them off nearby the crashed pilot and let them free the pilot from captivity, while you wait and then you have to extract them under fire just like in those epic movie scenes from the cheesy 80s warmovies!

i remember playing on a different server (oh the blasphemy!) where they had scripted missions for helicopters where you would get something like "enemy soldiers attacked the village of X" you could transport ground troops, drop them off nearby, they would fight, you could attack the enemies too and after (if) your ground forces won, you could extract them again and return.

good times!

Yea it's a bug :thumbup:

And thanks for the ideas!

Sadly, I have more ideas and suggestions than time to implement them.

I am working on making Skynet objective system more advanced and dynamic but it's taking some works.

I might soon do a post about this, stay tuned!

Hosting a DCS server is very rewarding but also not really self sustaining.

I also need to divert some OC times to more lucrative activities to feed the kids, wives, cats and dogs :megalol:

The updates might be slower to come but they will still come!

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread