Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Open Conflict Tuapse looks awesome and promising. I am looking forward to it.

It would add some great new features.

Sadly, thanks to work I am not able to play a lot lately.

MiG-29G :thumbup:

:joystick:

UH-1H - FC3 - SU-25T - A-10C - Mi-8MTV2 - BS2 - CA - MiG-21bis - P-51D - M-2000C - F-5E

Im thinking of quitting my job too lol of course now that I have to go to work for a few days I'm sure Mirknir will release some awesome new updates or a new map!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Im thinking of quitting my job too lol of course now that I have to go to work for a few days I'm sure Mirknir will release some awesome new updates or a new map!

I don't know man, I am doing a lot of experiments with Skynet but not all of them pan out.

Here is a screenshot of some experiment with artillery and warship about a more alive battle ground.

I would also like to find a way to make captive-extraction and rescue work in open sea and if possible work a bit differently so that it doesn't feel the same as on land.

Maybe something inbetween safehouse and pure dynamic rescue, maybe spawn the guys on dedicated ships with helipads already put in the map.

I will keep you posted :thumbup:

613600358_OC-Tuapse-WarshipThreatCategory.thumb.jpg.184ec4eb8d6507152ce3646082c589ed.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I would also like to find a way to make captive-extraction and rescue work in open sea and if possible work a bit differently so that it doesn't feel the same as on land.

Maybe something inbetween safehouse and pure dynamic rescue, maybe spawn the guys on dedicated ships with helipads already put in the map.

Oh boy, nothing went according to plan for this but here is some screens :doh:

12361026_OC-Tuapse-SeaCaptureExtraction.thumb.jpg.603378f7f8fd4f3eae172f8c075da753.jpg

1225498507_OC-Tuapse-SeaRescue.thumb.jpg.5b46e5d0a2dad528ec8293a25d99d3cb.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

That doesn't look wrong?! Looks awesome actually lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

Just dropping by so say: I'm still following this thread and still keep on getting the urge to join the server... But something is keeping me from it, and I think it's the fear of getting addicted again! :D

Idk I felt like letting you know Mirk, I feel kinda bad for not dropping by for so long :noexpression:

i guess with the infantry on them the ships have to be stationary, but i love landing helicopters on moving ships, fun is fun!

M1AKDNt.jpg

DCS is not the only place to do that, FSX with dodosim 206 (old but still one of the most realistic home helicopter simulations)

J9RQyYy.jpg

h8v0osA.jpg

i guess with the infantry on them the ships have to be stationary, but i love landing helicopters on moving ships, fun is fun!

M1AKDNt.jpg

DCS is not the only place to do that, FSX with dodosim 206 (old but still one of the most realistic home helicopter simulations)

J9RQyYy.jpg

h8v0osA.jpg

Yea moving ships are a serious no go in multiplayer :cry:

Also, dcs doesn't support moving LZ smoke.

Also those ships with helipads are beast so if I put an active one, it has to be like 100km on shore or it will destroy all enemy in their crazy range, with their crazy SAMS and sometimes cruise missiles

I have to navigate around a lot of bugs and restrictions, that's why all my experiments don't work exactly how I would like or don't work at all :)

It's sometimes frustrating but also exiting to investigate and create solutions

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey Mirk, can you maybe add 1 or 2 more Mirage slots at Kob? I don't like flying the hot ones as half the fun is the stratup.

• Like 1

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

No quick start on huey! You should be able to fire up in less than 2 minutes in scramble mode

Battery on

Low rpm alarm silence

Generator on cover closed

Fuel master on

Throttle to ignition start(roll throttle until it comes out of cut off detent )

Starter engage

Starter release at 50%

Once rpm stable engage hydraulics and force trim

Starter generator switch to GEN (forward)

Inverter on

Rpm move to high idle and now you are good to go!

That's without radios /navs or weapons, just my scramble sequence to get her up

No quick start on huey!

Oh boy HardcoreDustOff=3=6 is back, take shelters! :megalol:

As always, I like to have a certain balance between stuff:

• The average time to start an aircraft VERSUS the other aircrafts in the same category
    • In DCS, the average time to start an aircraft is almost the only penalty for dying making sometimes players favors trying to get a kill over trying to get home safe.
    • FC3 plane modern fighters have an easy&quick start so I don't mind putting HOT full fidelity modern fighters to compensate.
    • Since there are no FC3 helicopter, I don't mind having all helicopters cold (except the one dedicated for DEV)

[*] The average time to start VERSUS the geo-location

• I won't mind adding HOT full fidelity aircrafts when they take long to start&setup like A10C
      (IRL, I think the route and weapons setup could be instantly done with a massive usb style key)
    • I will try compensate by not putting them on a front line airport or FOB
    • I also try to not put FC3 fighters on a front line airport
    • Sometimes, you want to fly a bit before learning all the complex stuff or your first experiences can resemble something like this

Of course, this are some philosophy points but not always applicable; I don't have infinite slots on airports and I don't choose airport positions.

All this to say that adding cold mirage 2000 @ Kob is not a problem if the airport still has some free slots :thumbup:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Haha I was just trying help out a fellow chopper pilot! What if he get shot

In conflict zone and needs to turn fuel off to prevent fire but he doesn't

Know what switch it is because he's using quick start command all the time :)

Haha I was just trying help out a fellow chopper pilot! What if he get shot

In conflict zone and needs to turn fuel off to prevent fire but he doesn't

Know what switch it is because he's using quick start command all the time :)

It's all good....I got it. It doesn't turn out to be as complicated as I thought. Heck, I never do quick start on the L-39, why start now?

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Oh look what happened when I put an AWACS in the mission!!!

Seems like the AWACS is doing more thing that I thought in DCS...

With them, ships starts to cruise missile each other.

Seems like the AWACS notice ships of nearby targets and they switch their alarm state from green to red.

And it also comes with crazy stutters every X seconds :thumbup:

So yea, still experimenting and doing performance profile, it's interesting :music_whistling:

1416223827_OC-Tuapse-AWACSAdded-DataLink.thumb.jpg.e1d018fe416b77460c2ac5c8306c72d3.jpg

1828533138_OC-Tuapse-AWACSAdded-Tacview.thumb.jpg.7e0928decebecdd0b9fac3cc527eafea.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

So that's where the stutter is coming from. It's kind of annoying; especially on approach.

Not really.

Stutters can come from a lot of places, from CPU being overworked for a short time to your VRAM being full and streaming from RAM or something loading from your hard drive stalling the game.

It can come from your hardware and/or the way the game is programmed.

If you add multiplayer to the mix and a client/server architecture, stutters have even more possible origins including network lag or server stutter creating delayed response.

My profile says this one is the CPU being overworked by a process of some sort happening every X second and being resource-heavy because of so much missiles.

I believe a huge number of units/statics can cause the same kind of stutter ; at least on the server side. That's why I am looking at it.

I would like to identify the process that's getting crazy with a big number of objects and maybe find a more optimize way to build a big map.

In this particular case, I know how to prevent the AIs from fighting each other and avoid having 500 missiles in air.

I just find it interesting that ships are in the AWACS system and need it to 'see' each other.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread