F-22 style HMCS display for F-16Demo

For DCS 1.5.2

Hi. I decided to start a new thread to share the source code. I just learned how to draw simple DirectX symbols, so I gave it a try on implementing some kind of HMCS display with the F-16Demo MOD. And here's the result:

2mzxulv.jpg

2irx0cp.jpg

2vltro7.jpg

And this is what a RL F-22 HUD looks like:

261ygps.jpg

Also updated with the gun funnel:

2dwan37.jpg

mre5v5.jpg

if2vde.jpg

jqglfp.jpg

All those numbers/symbols are real time displayed on the screen. Source data for those numbers/symbols are provided only by F-16Demo pack so it is not meant to be used with other aircraft, sorry for that. Still learning how to add some avionics to this aircraft.

Anyways here's the github link: https://github.com/uboats/F-16A-Demo-CDMW

CAUTION: Do NOT directly click on "Download ZIP" in main page.

Click on "Latest commit 69ab176"-->Browse Files-->Download ZIP instead to download the latest version.

Installation guide: Extract the pack to DCSW/Mods/aircraft folder.

Known issue: In DCS 1.2.16, you have to disable full screen to make the MOD work. But in DCS 1.5, it seems that you're OK to stay in full screen mode.

Key commands:

Press "M" to switch HMCS On/Off.

press "C" to switch between CAT I and CAT III.

Press "F" to switch ALT Flaps to ON/OFF. (RL F-16 function)

Press "P" to declutter the HMCS.

Press "G" to toggle landing gear up/down.

Press "B" to toggle speed brakes close/open.

Press "L" to toggle external lights on/off.

Press "V" to deploy Hook / LBAR for carrier ops.

=========================fun functions:

Press "T" to switch TVC ON/OFF

Press and hold "S" to activate a Direct Control Mode just like in Su-27.

Press and hold "D" to force the horizontal tail deflect 10 degrees.

Press and hold "R" to activate G-LIM Override.

Edited by LJQCN101
  • Like 1

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

OK

Just one more thing, i someone can't get it work, even if i read the 2 readme, can you post a quick installation guide?

thanks in advance

Well. Just extract the pack to DCSW/Mods/aircraft folder. And then in the game settings, disable full screen. Then you're good to go.

Really Nice Job! But i've a question, maybe you can help me out, i try to remove the HUD. I'm working on a aircraft for dcs and the cockpit doesnt' have a hud, but i can't remove it, if you have any solution. It will help me a lot

Regards

Tango

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Really Nice Job! But i've a question, maybe you can help me out, i try to remove the HUD. I'm working on a aircraft for dcs and the cockpit doesnt' have a hud, but i can't remove it, if you have any solution. It will help me a lot

Regards

Tango

Looks like you are playing with the luas. I haven't started to dig into that field yet but I'll see if I can help cuz I'm planning to implement a HUD through lua editing. Just the opposite as you want to remove it.

well done!

With the community's contributions we might finally have a full DCS F-16 module one day. I'll try to give my contribution too

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Great work there!

The original F16 Demo by Cpt Smyley and Skatezilla?

Also... what if we play in full screen?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Great work there!

The original F16 Demo by Cpt Smyley and Skatezilla?

Also... what if we play in full screen?

Yeah, by Cpt Smyley and Skatezilla. Great thanks to them.

And yes, you'll crash cuz it's an overlay above your DCS window. It will always make sure that it remains on the top of your screen. So in fullscreen mode, it can't do its work.

2mzxulv.jpg

(Heading tape display incorrect , will fix that later.)

2irx0cp.jpg

2vltro7.jpg

RL F-22 HUD:

261ygps.jpg

Edited by LJQCN101

Thanks. But that might open a can of worms in MP I guess, no? I mean this ability to show things on an overlay while you fly if ported to other planes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This would work extremely well with Oculus Rift! I tried it out but I can only see the left side with my right eye closed and vice versa. They overlap each other unfortunately. Either way I love this idea! Thanks for working on this.

How would I be able to use this with another aircraft like say the F15C? I jumped into the eagle but I dont get any information like alt and speed.

Great job guys looks great, but am I the only one that has a issue where when you load in parked and off the plane rolls without stopping?

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

This would work extremely well with Oculus Rift! I tried it out but I can only see the left side with my right eye closed and vice versa. They overlap each other unfortunately. Either way I love this idea! Thanks for working on this.

How would I be able to use this with another aircraft like say the F15C? I jumped into the eagle but I dont get any information like alt and speed.

Well I'm planning to get an OR CV1 next year. So maybe I'll try to make one for that. Also not sure if this MOD will work in DCS 1.5 / 2.0.

Thanks. But that might open a can of worms in MP I guess, no? I mean this ability to show things on an overlay while you fly if ported to other planes.

Can be an issue. Will see if it is legal or not.

Well, currently I'm not prepared enough to learn how to use ED's API, so the overlay will only work within the F-16Demo. I saw another guy working on a JHMCS for F-15C, would be interested to know how he did that.

Great job guys looks great, but am I the only one that has a issue where when you load in parked and off the plane rolls without stopping?

Yeah, there're some issues when the plane is on the ground. So it is recommended that you start in the air.

Hey LJQCN101,

Is there a way toggle the landing gear up/down? And turn engines on/off?

Also is it posible to make a gun mode? Something like this

funnel_zps2ovs5xwt.jpg

Currently all key functions failed to work, but it will be fixed I believe. Someone else is working on this.

The gun funnel may be a little tricky...I'm still testing on a single line to make it match the ballistics in various conditions.

o5ak53.jpg

Edited by LJQCN101

Well....Somehow....Working Landing Gear and Speed Brakes but no animations. And working AOA bracket on HMCS. Key commands are still hardcoded as a temporary solution.

oa0uiw.jpg

Edited by LJQCN101

Well then...

The funnel is quite satisfactory for me. At least under stable roll / pitch, it would predict the ballistics pretty well.

2dwan37.jpg

mre5v5.jpg

if2vde.jpg

jqglfp.jpg

Oh, and canopy toggle.

2i6kgsn.jpg

Edited by LJQCN101

Very nice job on the gun funnel BTW.

Also I am getting the overlay showing up with all the other aircraft as well. Is there a way to disable it from showing up on other aircraft?

You can press "M" to turn it off or just disable the module in Module Manager.