Avoiding SAMS on first A10C mission?

Crunchy

I've just started the campaign in the A10C while I wait for the 1.5 release, but I'm having problems right from the start. Are these mission supposed to be realistic? Because if they are would there normally be so many SAM sites still up and running when sending in the A10C to bomb targets?

I'm just wondering how I'm supposed to bomb Artillery and Tanks when I've got so many Sam Sites to deal with aswell? How do I actually avoid these SAMs while trying to bomb other targets? I thought the first mission would be easy just to start of with LOL.

• ED Team
I've just started the campaign in the A10C while I wait for the 1.5 release, but I'm having problems right from the start. Are these mission supposed to be realistic? Because if they are would there normally be so many SAM sites still up and running when sending in the A10C to bomb targets?

I'm just wondering how I'm supposed to bomb Artillery and Tanks when I've got so many Sam Sites to deal with aswell? How do I actually avoid these SAMs while trying to bomb other targets? I thought the first mission would be easy just to start of with LOL.

Did you try using the SEAD flights to see if they would help you out?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

To reiterate what others have said, use your commo/F10 menu to call in SEAD flights. I've never had an issue with them getting stuff done to reduce threats near my target area. Just orbit around the IP, locate and mark threats to you. You'll hear SEAD over the net killing targets, it just takes a minute. You should, by then, have identified any remaining threats and be able to engage them, or avoid them all together.

Happy flying.

most people here will tell you to learn how to avoid sam threats, stay on the deck, and bla bla. But the truth is that the missions are not well designed, that's why there are so many campaigns user made.

Pretty much this. DCS A-10C is one of those games where the developer has done an absolutely phenomenal job with the design elements but didn't have the bandwidth to develop the content for a good single-player campaign.

Even some of their earlier stuff like Black Shark had a somewhat decent campaign, but my recommendation is not to bother with A-10C's stock campaign at all. Yes, it is truly that bad (IMO). I got about halfway through it when a bug made it impossible to finish the map due to a broken event trigger. I didn't even bother to edit the mission and fix it. That was the last straw for me and I just got bored and downloaded some community maps. Could I recommend the Save Badger campaign?

Others have stated the issues and solutions, so I will not go into them.

However sometime ago I uploaded a complete revised A-10c Georgian Oil War campaign with all known issues fixed by me onto the DCS user files section.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1249663/

The changelog gives an overall bug fix listing of sead issues, trigger isssues, etc, I wasn't very methodical when I started correcting all the default mission that come with DCSW.

I am working on the A-10c single missions also.

I have also just uploaded a revised Su-25T Georgian Oil War Campaign with a heap of fixes, that has to be verified first before it will be available.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Just open the mission in editor, remove other SEAD flights AND SAMs from the mission.

To mimic a cleanup, I set a trigger zone at runway threshold so that when I pass it, SAMs explode.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thanks for the heads up gents. I was getting worried I was just going to suck badly at this Sim. I gave my arms a good workout trying to avoid all the Sams though, so it did save me going to the gym today.

Does anyone have a list of good campaigns or missions I could download? I don't mind paying for some good ones, but free is good.

Another point is the flight plan. Sometimes the preset flight plan sends you right through some air defences without need. So I edited the plan in the mission planner before flight to where I think there would be the least air defences (ingress from the sea for e.g.)

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

Thanks for the heads up gents. I was getting worried I was just going to suck badly at this Sim. I gave my arms a good workout trying to avoid all the Sams though, so it did save me going to the gym today.

Does anyone have a list of good campaigns or missions I could download? I don't mind paying for some good ones, but free is good.

Try Operation Badger, it is a short but really fun to play campaign. There are some cool MP missions as well which can easily be converted to SP (by adding wingman/ wingmen to one of the clients). Also, in shameless act of self-promotion I would encourage you to check my signature, though the DLC is still around one month away, but at least you can see what to expect :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Another point is the flight plan. Sometimes the preset flight plan sends you right through some air defences without need. So I edited the plan in the mission planner before flight to where I think there would be the least air defences (ingress from the sea for e.g.)

Not to mention the loadouts, which are usually sub-optimal for the mission. It does feel weird that the pilot can decide his loadout and flight plan, though. Pretty sure it doesn't work that way IRL :D

Try Operation Badger, it is a short but really fun to play campaign. There are some cool MP missions as well which can easily be converted to SP (by adding wingman/ wingmen to one of the clients). Also, in shameless act of self-promotion I would encourage you to check my signature, though the DLC is still around one month away, but at least you can see what to expect :)

^This....

BD makes some of the best missions i have ever flown, always the right balance between difficulty and fun, you cant go wrong with any of his recommendations