DCS 1.5 - Model Visibilty?

dburne

Anyone understand this graphic setting for DCS 1.5?

The options are:

Off

Normal

Enlarged

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

10/4 thanks for the info! I will play around with it and see how it affects how things look along with performance.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

With your specs you don't need to worry. Everything max.

Yeah I am finding that out pretty quickly, went in earlier this morning and maxed the sliders out and set everything on high, without a single drop in framerate.

I have been very pleasantly surprised!

Don B

As far as i understood that option helps you spot planes in the distance by increasing their size.

10/4, thanks!

Don B

As far as i understood that option helps you spot planes in the distance by increasing their size.

I understood it to mean model size....so not just aircraft but land based baddies too?

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

I'm not sure it increases their size so much as add a small label on top of them if I understood Matt correctly. I haven't tried it yet, but it is a very welcome change imo.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I get 'Enlarge', but what's the difference between 'Off' and 'Normal'?

Off is similar to what we had pre-1.5. Normal as it is called is slightly larger at distance. (For lack of a better term)

This isn't true scalling; i.e. Making all objects larger like you would get in F4. This is a different approach and you should play around with the settings to get a feel for what works best for you.

Edited by Revelation

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

can you show some comparsions between normal, large etc?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Here's a comparison with Normal and Enlarged at 2560x1440 with 2X AA. There are F-15s at 2.5km, 5km, 10km, 15km, and 20km. I didn't take any screenshots with it off, but just pretend the planes aren't there if you want to know what it looks like on normal.

It's important to note that what the settings look like will depend on your resolution. The smaller your resolution, the larger the dots will appear compared to a larger resolution.

Enlarged

vqYuhYS.jpg

Normal

3aU7eKP.jpg