MoreVisibility 2

Considering the problems folks have had in the past with updates and repairs I think it would be a great benefit to give specific instructions concerning how to return settings to default in the option/system file if needed. Here's a few screens of mine with extreme setting and one using my City Lights mod.

1840095268_distance1.thumb.jpg.1e6dc48c60ad2f48bb968897473e4c8e.jpg

612701251_distance2.thumb.jpg.a842aac8614d1f492d7966cc2d7f5d9e.jpg

2005583058_distance3.thumb.jpg.d62c70f84f75a128d621c2bce92caca1.jpg

Edited by Blooze

Considering the problems folks have had in the past with updates and repairs I think it would be a great benefit to give specific instructions concerning how to return settings to default in the option/system file if needed.

done :music_whistling:

• Like 1

!! Important !!: After update or repair, don't forget to adjust your view distance or you will have a graphic glitch.

For dummies like me can you give specific instructions as to how to do this?

Heh, you see on the screenshot where he selects 'EXTREME' in the in the VISIB RANGE? After a repair/update or uninstall of the mod that entry (atleast in vanilla) will be empty (blank). Just select a valid default entry there and you should be fine.

I am using the 1.2.16 version but am unable to extract the new version

Same, drag and drop from zip doesn't work. Using the extract to folder option inside winrar and 7zip works, but the output folder can't be seen by windows. Trying to drag the folder from my desktop to my mid folder have me an error where windows says that the folder doesn't exist. Can't delete it. Only way I got rid of it was too go to the command promp and renamed the folder, then deleting it.

Using Windows 10

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Does anyone knows what is the line that controls the appearance of tree shadows in ultra.lua? Currently they appear a bit before the trees.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Does anyone knows what is the line that controls the appearance of tree shadows in ultra.lua? Currently they appear a bit before the trees.

Je regarde en rentrant du boulot

edit: le ultra.lua est fourni par ED, rien a voir avec mon mod

Edited by Harke

I know, I was meaning in general...

In Extra.lua from your mod for example. The fact that you increased the trees visibility slider affects their shadow?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Is not a bug of your mod. I saw while flying 1.5 that at some distance the shadows of trees (triangular patches) appear a bit before the actual trees. So I was asking here (because the thread topic) if someone knows what setting controls this maybe is easy fixable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is not a bug of your mod. I saw while flying 1.5 that at some distance the shadows of trees (triangular patches) appear a bit before the actual trees. So I was asking here (because the thread topic) if someone knows what setting controls this maybe is easy fixable.

Any news about that issue? Might be useful for performance optimisation as well.

Best,

SW

Edited by Starway

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

• 5 weeks later...

So ! as you can see, ED have added two new setting with the 1.5.1, they have added the tree slider to 25Km and a new Extreme setting

This one for texture is really nice ! I love it ! All is really clear... BUT they don't touch to the district render distance and because I don't like to see building popping in my face, I have to made it ^^

A new version of Morevisibility2 ! \o/ I have removed obsolete modification and modified the Ultra.lua and extreme.lua from ED to made what I call "more visibility" ^^

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18616128/MoreVisibility2_v1.1%20only%20for%20dcs%201.5.1.zip

Edited by Harke

Hello Harke

do you have a better understanding of these lines:

56 farDistance = 35000.0;

57 farFullRenderDistance = 25000.0;

58 nearFullRenderDistance = 7000.0;

59 nearDistance = 6000.0;

This is what I am trying to use to eliminate as much as possible the use of the block_texture.dds file as I using a modified (by CrazyEddie and Dimitrov) buildings textures and although I made the block_texture.dds file to include the new textures the still not fit 100% in size/position and with default values or your values still "pop" a bit.

Are those 4 lines representing when the big textures of building are used and when the block_texture.dds is used and if so (it seems so) what line do exactly what?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

De ce que j'ai compris ces lignes affecte le rendu 3D des villes et non les textures, ce sont les distances d'affichage du LOD, je n'ai d'ailleurs modifié que le "fardistance" pour le moment

FarDistance sert a indiquer la distance maximal d'affichage des villes en 3D

les lignes suivante sont des "limites" de bascule de niveau de détail, et je sais que ça pop encore mais si j'augmente de trop ce ne serra plus vraiment jouable en mission chargée

Edited by Harke