Fat Mamba MkIII is back!!!!

MkIII incoming!

Get ready and stop drooling ;)

Some news about the MkIII orders (getting ready to be shipped).

>>> VKB Sim / Stratojet announcement (english) <<<

Fat Black Mamba (with the new gimbal)

Fat_Mamba_Final_1_400px.jpg

The new gimbal:

Gimbal_Final_1_400px.jpgGimbal_Final_2_400px.jpg

Hopefully, it won't take too long before we can get our hands on those devices.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an hypnotic wallpaper ;)

I'd like that grip with the new gimbal, pretty please :music_whistling:

mfa9EBM.jpg

(I was thinking about modding the original Mamba grip, again…)

- additional thumb push button

- momentary 2-way switch (near the index) (instead of a more complex 4-way hat)

(I like the idea of the bi-directional switch aligned with the raised index angle)

- momentary 2-way pinky lever (why not?)

- 4-way clickable hat (Warthog-like) because I really need to manage the CM with the stick

I don't even know if it's doable with the current stick wire connections (5) and that's 10 more "buttons".

I know… I'm dreaming ;)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I don't get the switch design though. I'm right handed (as most of us are), so when you grip the stick with your right hand, how does one use the switches on the right side of the stick? It's very awkward to use your left hand to reach around, no? Or I guess you have to switch hands. I suppose in IRL, you have to do that to use the right side panels. Looks like we may have a new king of the hill with worthy innards.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I wish rudder pedals in this quality!, then I'd buy it immediately!

Well, you're lucky because there are at least three great quality pedals to choose from on the market :)

VKB T-rudder pedals

https://flightsimcontrols.com/store/pedals/t-rudder-pedals-mk-iii/

Slaw Device

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/01/want-high-end-flight-sim-pedals-put-500-in-a-polish-bank-account-and-contact-slaw/

MFG Crosswind

http://mfg.simundza.com/products

- momentary 2-way pinky lever (why not?)

- 4-way clickable hat (Warthog-like) because I really need to manage the CM with the stick

Nice drawing. :thumbup:

How this "2-way" pinky lever work?

Use a 5 way HAT on left side, are plenty of "directional switch" with center click available.

One thing that I think the joystick grip should have is adjustable height palm rest.

If I have a FAT Mamba, I remove all this switches on base and place in a panel attached do joystick base in front of grip (something like that button panel in X-65 throttle) - this for desktop use.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I recently got the MFG Crosswinds, and the quality is outstanding. The precision and amount of customization one can do with them is incredible.

Helped my KA-50 flying immensely!

Check them out along with some of his videos here.

http://mfg.simundza.com/products

My recent review:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2619611&postcount=426

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

How this "2-way" pinky lever work?

I was thinking about a 2-way momentary switch combined with a 3D-printed lever (or a (modified) spare mountain bike breaking lever).

Pushing the lever with the finger(s) would have one function for the parking brakes, steering nose wheel lock, gear light, ACS on/off (?) (Su-27), etc.

Squeezing the lever would be used for the brakes or anything else.

The actuation force required seem to fit the functions.

BTW adding any new axis is not possible using the Mamba stick 5 pins connection, unfortunately.

The tricky part would be to assemble all the parts in a compact and resistant design using the current stick as a base. But that seems doable.

If I have a FAT Mamba, I remove all this switches on base and place in a panel attached do joystick base in front of grip (something like that button panel in X-65 throttle) - this for desktop use.

That's a good idea, indeed.

At first, I was considering VKB's Throttle Box for a similar configuration (more like an additional control box).

I don't get the switch design though. I'm right handed (as most of us are), so when you grip the stick with your right hand, how does one use the switches on the right side of the stick?

I would assign functions to these buttons on the right sight of the stick that I might use maybe before take-off, or during controlled flight, not necessarily while dogfighting. It's just nice to have these options.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I recently got the VKB T-Rudder Pedals Mk.III, and the quality is outstanding. The precision and amount of customization one can do with them is incredible.

Helped my KA-50, Huey, Mi-8 and DCS WWII aircraft flying immensely!

Check them out here:

http://vkb-sim.pro/T-Rudder-MkIII/index.php

My recent review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1D5O3VOUSF55N/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B017BB8ZVQ&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=468642&store=videogames

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I know… I'm dreaming ;)

It's time that VKB comes up with a new, modern Russian-style grip with more buttons! I hope that this, along with a VKB-made, two-engine split-throttle is announced soon!. Now I'm dreaming. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 3 weeks later...

The first batch of the Mamba MkIII is shipping!

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2066

Edited by rrohde
Edit: first batch only at this time...

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

My Warthog gimbal is fine at the moment, but I really like the look of the gimbal pictured here. Can you buy just the base gimbal to use with the Warthog grip?

My Rig:

Intel Core i5 4690k

Gigabyte Z97 G1 Sniper mb

Gigabyte GA GTX 970 OC

G.Skills Triton x DDR3 2400 16 GB

DeepCool V2 Lucifer cpu cooler

PNY 250 GB SSD

WD Black 1TB hd

Evga SuperNova 750w ps

TrackIr 5 Pro

Dell IPS 24" monitor

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

TM Cougar HOTAS

TM WartHog HOTAS

MFG Crosswinds rudder pedals

If anyone gets this new stick!

Please Please Please guys give us a true review of this bearing.

Previous Reference Kit (PRK) and how the new big boy bearing compares would be most welcome.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I checked the link given for Statojet and it says Sold Out / No longer available, any other place that sells it?

Try VKB Russia, maybe have some spare units, think that Daise email was posted previously in this thread.

The actual Black Mamba and Vintage Mamba are a limited and final production.

Others new models only when set the production, maybe end of Q-1 2016.

My Warthog gimbal is fine at the moment, but I really like the look of the gimbal pictured here. Can you buy just the base gimbal to use with the Warthog grip?

Well, they make adapters for the TM Warthog grip to work with the Mamba MkIII base, but you'd need to buy that Mamba first. Not sure if VKB sells the base without the grip in the first place...

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com