Panel dimensions

BravoYankee4

I'm trying to find a good source about the panel (and instrument) dimensions.

The only thing I found was this comment:

"Most of the gauges are 80mm in diameter with mounting holes 81mm in diameter, the exceptions being the artificial horizon which is 110mm in diameter with a 111mm diameter hole, the air pressure gauge (I think for brakes) is 60mm diam in a 61mm hole and the 2 small gauges at the bottom are 40mm diam in 41mm diam holes."

So based on that I got an approximate ratio and calculated the dimensions shown at the picture. Is there anyone that can confirm or even better provide an accurate source/documentation?

Dimensions_tmp.png.663d5e7dc0ec3d1a43b72d8a5b125706.png

I see you live in Sweden. In the event that you want to perform some measurements yourself, you could contact Finland's aviation museum outside of Helsinki. They have one lying around AFAIK. Same with the Norwegian aviation museum in Bodø, though that's a long way to travel.

Out of curiousity, what are you doing with the measurements?

Edit: I actually found the Mig-21 in Sweden, so disregard the above.

Edited by scaflight

Thanks for all answers.

I knew about the one in Finland, since I found a lot of pictures from it.

The one in Sweden however was unknown to me but very much interesting. Thanks.

My plan is to build a MIG-21 cockpit eventually... or at least some panels with correct switches and indicators etc. With DCS BIOS this is indeed doable today :)

It doesn't have to be super accurate, since I will need to make some "artistic freedom" changes in the layout to better fit a monitor (HawgTouch profile for the instruments). However it would be nice to have it in a proper scale.

Cockpit is a great idea. Unfortunately I don't have main panel dimensions but i found some photos in my computer:

65085ba48315876a.jpg

e035c6ea525f836c.jpg

33f6a3bbf12ca99e.jpg

8da7c1ce6c587619.jpg

Not my work, found in internet, sorry don't remember source.

Here canopy dimensions:

bee52775209fb85d.jpg

I have plenty MiG-21 cockpit photos, if you need something don't hesitate just pm me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In regards to the MiG-21bis cockpit

THIS ugly thing below, should become something which resembles MiG-21bs cockpit fuelpump switches.

y4YaoJK.jpg

And this is ingame, but what are the spacing between the switches, who knows it?

DeUUxjZ.jpg

all tips appreciated.

Edited by pappavis

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• 2 years later...

MIG-21 cockpit

Thanks for all answers.

I knew about the one in Finland, since I found a lot of pictures from it.

The one in Sweden however was unknown to me but very much interesting. Thanks.

My plan is to build a MIG-21 cockpit eventually... or at least some panels with correct switches and indicators etc. With DCS BIOS this is indeed doable today :)

It doesn't have to be super accurate, since I will need to make some "artistic freedom" changes in the layout to better fit a monitor (HawgTouch profile for the instruments). However it would be nice to have it in a proper scale.

Did You Make it ??? Iam new and what to make MIG-21 cockpit and i need if any one can help me how to Start?? Thank you

I did some temporary panels and indicators, but the project was cancelled as soon as I heard about a Viggen coming to DCS.

Eventually I will build somehting for that aircraft, but life happend (kids, other hobbies etc) so there hasn't been any build yet. However I have started to collect the needed hardware so perhaps in the future...

In this thread there are some information and pictures of what I did for the MIG 21: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158088

• 3 years later...

Hi for anyoune out there looking for mig stuff dimensions.. you will surely find this thread as I did. I started buying Mig vintage parts as where i live you can still get them. I take measurements and make machining level accurate models for future ppl who will not be able to get their hands on anything original as it will be too far in future. I have thingiverse place where i put these things and facebook fanpage monitoring progress. As time will go these will surely disappear so maybe mail me on hlousv1@gmail.com if needed. Just few samples of my work here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/hlousv1/designs
https://www.facebook.com/mig21sim

image.png
May be an image of floor plan
May be an image of floor plan
No photo description available.

• Thanks 1