Need recommendation to store photos

Warhog

Well I have maxed out my allotted storage space on Photobucket and my Flickr account will be getting maxed out as well although that account is devoted strictly to my ADI and HSI retro fit project.

I generally have no issue with spending money to increase storage space but as I am getting close to retirement, money will become an issue soon. I want these photos to be around for a long time so others can access them for ideas. I would feel really bad if half of these photos were lost because I couldn't afford to keep the site open.

Are there any more photo storage sites around that you have found to be acceptable and... FREE:music_whistling:

I had toyed with starting another account at Photobucket under a different user name and email address but I don't know if thats such a good idea. I wouldn't want these photo lost because they might consider this as fraudulent activity.:( But on the other hand theres no reason my wife couldn't start her own account on my PC for her photos. Shes a pitbldr as well.:music_whistling:

So what do you think. Any ideas?

John

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Did you check the size of your pictures? You might be ably to cut the size in half and still have enough resolution for regular screen viewing. I would have check for you but I don't have your accounts saved any where.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

I had considered reducing the size but I feel the resolution is very important and not worth sacrificing in lieu of file size.

I use professional grade lenses (Canon L series) which provides extremely sharp images. That enables you to zoom in to an incredibly small area of a picture and still see excellent sharp detail. As a result, users have access to a level of detail (and information) that most pictures on the internet don't have. I use a tripod most of the time however you can sure tell when I don't:music_whistling:.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

Simulation modules and equipment, L series lenses and relevant camera(s), considering you can pony up for these, 25 $ / year for an unlimited storage flickr account doesn't sound all that bad does it? :).

Last I checked, flickr free was also something like 2 TBs congrats on filling that up :)

Can't really come up with many other good options. May be ipernity which is essentially a flickr clone, but don't know their storage limit. I personally have 4 flickr accounts and even got help from yahoo when I forgot login mails for 3 of those, saying "hello I have 4 accounts, I have their links here but can't remember e-mails I created for them", they've helped no problem. Although one of them is a paid account so don't know whether this colored my inquiry and their response acceptable or would they just help even if they were all free.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Simulation modules and equipment, L series lenses and relevant camera(s), considering you can pony up for these, 25 $ / year for an unlimited storage flickr account doesn't sound all that bad does it? :).

I think you missed the part in my OP that said "I generally have no issue with spending money to increase storage space but as I am getting close to retirement, money will become an issue soon."

When you go from +$120,000 a year to $15,000 a year...you figure out the math.:mad:

I guess I could sell my 24mm-105mm or 5d to pay for another account but then what would be the point of having an account. Or maybe I just keep my photos and only send them to to people I like.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

Your starting to sound like some one I know.

What I wanted to say was every one else could have use of them but not this guy. That was rather insulting. He obviously has no idea what retirement can do to a person economically. Sure I have money right now and I spend it on my hobby and also save a load of it for the up and coming "No work" stage of my life.

It's just a rather touchy subject with me as I am being forced to retire due to health issues. I have had my own business for 30 years now and I will be shutting it down within year. So its not something I am looking forward to. And to insinuate that I'm a scrooge when my intent was to keep these photos alive and well for others to use and learn from, regardless of what ends up happening to me, well what can I say.

He did point out one thing I was not aware of though. Apparently my Flickr site provides me with 1 TB of storage at no cost. I had no idea it was that much space. That will surely be enough storage space to document building this project. So at least I thank him for that bit of information.

In light of this new information, I consider this thread closed. Thanks guys for taking the time to read this.

Edited by Warhog
Removed an offensive word

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

John I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for your work but the potty moth is getting OLD and violates form rules.

I can understand your change in work can and will be very stressful. I have gone through a very close situation my self in the last 7 years.

I have all so seen a few insulting thing posted best is to shake it off and decide if this form is right for you. I have reduced my time here in the last couple of months. Personally it has worked for me. all the best DM

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

John I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for your work but the potty moth is getting OLD and violates form rules.

I can understand your change in work can and will be very stressful. I have gone through a very close situation my self in the last 7 years.

I have all so seen a few insulting thing posted best is to shake it off and decide if this form is right for you. I have reduced my time here in the last couple of months. Personally it has worked for me. all the best DM

My most sincere apologies to all that read my post #8 that used an offensive word. I have since edited that post and removed that one word. Again please accept my apology for this oversight of the forum rules. I will endevour to be more vigilant and cognizant of all my future posts as I do not wish to offend anyone nor violate forum rules in any way.

Thank you all for reading this.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

Wow DM is offended:

"John thanks for the in site of how precise your control and equipment has to be to achieve the high quality of light plates."

No emoticons, looks like it was not said in gest. It appears you really have a beef because people actually have self built cockpit stuff, show us yours!

I will miss this place if I get banned but your sarcasm really identifies you as an individual. I won't miss the duplicity. Sometimes you are an absolute gentleman, other times a complete............ By the way it's "insight"

• Like 1

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Wow where did that come from Oh another thread where I thanked John for sharing his knowledge . Sorry no pics of parts I have made here check the for sale section and my thread for pic of real parts. Have a great day:thumbup: ...

Wow where did that come from Oh another thread where I thanked John for sharing his knowledge . Sorry no pics of parts I have made here check the for sale section and my thread for pic of real parts. Have a great day:thumbup: ...

I ain't gonna get into a spat over this but:

Lets split your sentence into 3 (which refers to the way you constructed your sentence)

"John thanks for the in site of how precise your control and equipment has to be to achieve the high quality of light plates." 11-15-2015, 04:37 PM

It was not punctuated in any way to show your appreciation or distaste.

1. Maybe: "John! Thanks for the insight of how precise your control and equipment has to be"

2. "I don't have the equipment to acheive your high quality of light plates."

3. "Is there anyway you can help me, any pointers?"

Yours was like an insult.

"Your starting to sound like some one I know". 11-17-2015, 12:55 AM

If that is not passive aggressive, I don't know what is!

You left it open to interpretation viz. "Your starting to sound like my mother." "You sound like a windbag, I can do this."

There are many ways anyone can take this, only "you will know" sound familiar?

I am not saying what you post is irrelevant, I am politely asking you to think before you post.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.