Taxi on grass should be possible, not stuck in mud

GumidekCZ

Because admin denied to write in DCS world toppic, Im writing here.

Please, why we have to stay stucked in mud every time we stop on grass out of the runway??

Is it possible to change it for planes with bigger front wheel? mostly the RU planes.

See this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A9EalSGq1E[/ame]

ps: I also want to ask, how is it now with landing gear durability of Mig-21 in DCS. Can we achieve landing like on video? If not, than why?

[ame]

[/ame]
  • Like 1

Anyway, all jet planes are affected by "sticky grass" problem, so I'd presume it's something which can be adjusted by ED only. No point in posting it here on LN forum then.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Please, why we have to stay stucked in mud every time we stop on grass out of the runway??

Is it possible to change it for planes with bigger front wheel? mostly the RU planes.

This have been brought up dozens of times. In order for an aircraft to use grass fields or unpaved runways the ground has to specially prepared and there are significant weight restrictions on the aircraft, I'm not very good at the math but, a Mig-21 traveling at 300 kph, with a vertical velocity of 10 m/s , Weighing 6800 kg (maximum weight allowed with BLC according to the manual, page 33) hitting the ground on only two wheels, how much force will the impact have on the ground?

Even taxiing will be impossible, average airports have no reason to prepare the ground around the taxiways to support the weight of aircraft, that's why the have taxiways.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I still think that ingame LG durability is quite forgiving, since you can land with much greater weight or fuel reserve, than normally allowed without any issues (unless you really botch it badly).

Most roads work as well, just be more careful and/or burn some more fat before the final :D

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

See this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A9EalSGq1E

Good SUV. I need do this when I get stuck outside the runaway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^ Yep, that's why I specifically pointed to "jet planes" :).

The L-39 seems to do ok off road. I accidently did that yesterday. Heavier aircraft with narrow cord high pressure tires have the most problems which is true to life. I can get a 30,000lbs A-10C to taxi out of the grass pretty easily but I haven't really tried anything much heavier than empty weight plus a splash of fuel.

Here's something to ponder while screaming for ED to fix what in my opinion is not broken.

P-51D max gross weight is 12,100lbs (10,100lbs normal TO)

L-39C max TO weight is 10,362lbs

A-10C max TO weight 51,000lbs

F-15C max TO weight 61,000lbs

The fix is to be a better pilot and not take your plane offroading.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

On the other hand, MiG-15 with TO weight of around 11000 lbs and low pressure tyres designed for operating from unpaved strips gets stuck allright :D. At least in 1.5.2, though not always, I admit.

Shouldn't be a problem, however, as I saw restored -15 taxing happily around grassy airfield during one of local airshows few years ago. Damn, twice heavier -21 could do it as seen on the first clip posted, and that's not the only similar footage of Fishbed on the youtube.

So although heavier birds might not be capable of doing it, I'd say weight "treshold" as it is programmed in DCS at the moment might need adjustment.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.