[REPORTED] Several keyboard controls (throttle, rudder, ...) not working

deaddeepblue

I tried but it seems that the game doesnt recognize the throttle button of my joystick.

Throttle button? :huh:

You need to assign something with an analog axis, like a slider. Buttons won't work.

If you are assigning something appropriate, then make sure you're first clicking in the right grid so the game knows what controller you mean.

So:

• Go to controls menu.
  • Make sure M-2000C is selected.
  • Select Axis Commands category next to it.
  • Find "Thrust" in the menu.
  • Click in the grid cell for your controller (you may need to scroll to the right, if you have many).
  • Click ADD.
  • Move the controller through its full range of motions until the "Key / Button" thing gets populated.
  • Hit OK.

If it doesn't detect it when doing that, you might want to quit out and go to the Windows devices & printers thing and check the controller is working properly.

Hello good morning not me x   y  z keys to operate the rudder. Someone will happen?

thanks

Same for me , a big problem for those who don't have rudder pedals, it's urgent to correct this problem.:mad:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

RUDDER ERROR AND NWS

Hi i own the new mirage 2000 and in both dcs 1.5 and 2 the rudders

and the nose wheel steering are off and does not work.

I rechecked the keyboards binds clear them and reconfigured them but nothing they are still off.

Anybody knows why? Is that occurs because it is beta?

Hi i own the new mirage 2000 and in both dcs 1.5 and 2 the rudders

and the nose wheel steering are off and does not work.

I rechecked the keyboards binds clear them and reconfigured them but nothing they are still off.

Anybody knows why? Is that occurs because it is beta?

Hello, yes it's a known bug , keyboard flight command don't work .

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

There are countless posts already that state keyboard commands for certain functions do not currently work.

2 major ones being throttle and rudder.

You will have to wait for them to be sorted in an update.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Hey,

Do you guys know, when there will be an update for the MIRAGE, so that throttle can be adjusted. Right know I paid for the MIRAGE and I cannot fly it, because throttle cannot be increased/decreased....

Thanks

joesenior

Next friday... Ok in fact i don't know, but that seem logical...

Hey,

Do you guys know, when there will be an update for the MIRAGE, so that throttle can be adjusted. Right know I paid for the MIRAGE and I cannot fly it, because throttle cannot be increased/decreased....

Thanks

joesenior

all has this problem, please wait until they update it.

Hey,

Thanks

joesenior

You paid for a Mirage, true. However the Mirage has not been officially released. Right now its status is BETA. That means that there will most likely be minor and major issues. I can emphasize with your frustration, we all have it, since it's still quite buggy. A patch with quite a few fixes is on the way.

Mirage 2000 C Rudder Problem

Hi everyone

I purchased mirage 2000c but my plane rudder is not working z and x buttons not work

ı tried everything but is not working still. Im not playing this plane please solve this bug.

yesterday ım open game and start my plane engine then ı push s for steering my tire turn left automaticly :( :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Check your axis for dual assignments, most likely you have a lot of axis and button mapped to the same function with different controllers.

DCS isn't good with setting up controllers in the most basic form.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Hi Batikba, at the moment, axis based functions such as throttle and rudder are not mappable on the keyboard in the Mirage module. It's a bug and it's going to be fixed.

Here's one of the threads about that problem:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=156417&highlight=rudder

The solution right now is to map it to a controler axis if you have one.

Edited by tsumikae

Any update on this issue?

I bought this module through the DCS website with nothing mentioned about this issue, this is more an alpha issue than a beta issue. It really is fundamental to using the product and it is unusable in its current state.

I am considering asking for a refund, I can spend the money on other things while Razbam sorts out this issue

That doesn't really tell us anything about when the fix is going to be released, though?

No it doesn't, indeed.

I suppose "when it's ready" is the best answer for now? ;)

Has RazBam sent the build to ED, are we waiting on ED to release it? When will that occur?

Such information can only come from either ED staff or Razbam staff. And I don't have the impression they usually share internal matters publicly.

I don't mean to press the issue but I've paid for the module but can't use it.

I understand your frustration, but as I'm sure Razbam is also aware and do their best, I don't know what can be said more?

Some area are clearly requiring urgent attention, and this is one of them; I guess Razbam didn't detect the issue before releasing (probably they use axis mostly). That's why it's an open beta.

If it makes you feel any better, my hope is that a first update is a matter of days (or hours?) more than weeks, now. Personal opinion only.

spacer.png

No it doesn't, indeed.

I suppose "when it's ready" is the best answer for now? ;)

If this was just an ordinary update that would indeed be the "best answer", but given keybindings issue is a major defect, I do think they owe their users a more precise explanation. They are not modding for free for a few friends, they have released a commercial product that people have paid for.

Where people pay for a product then consumer law entitles you in pretty much all of Western Europe, Australia, Canada etc for that product to actually work. No keybindings working is not a minor defect and as such I don't think it can be considered an ordinary open beta issue. Basic control functionality is more an alpha issue, beta is supposed to iron out the remaining issues and determine issues relating to particular systems

For people like me who can't use flight sticks for reasons relating to a physical injury (my wrist is f***, basically) then this makes it unusable (and for other people who do use flightsticks who have no throttle or rudder control)

I understand your frustration, but as I'm sure Razbam is also aware and do their best, I don't know what can be said more?

Some area are clearly requiring urgent attention, and this is one of them; I guess Razbam didn't detect the issue before releasing (probably they use axis mostly). That's why it's an open beta.

If it makes you feel any better, my hope is that a first update is a matter of days (or hours?) more than weeks, now. Personal opinion only.

I hope you're right. Very frustrating is that for some people £35 is no big deal, I'm a trainee lawyer and I earn very little after tax, mortgage in London etc. I had to work over the holiday period on a case, and I took today and tomorrow off to fly Mirage 2000C. To then find that ED's attitude on the support ticket is "Not our problem" is exceptionally frustrating.

Anyway, enough from me on that for now. I really hope you're right about the timeframe for the update

Did you look into what the community made? Modders tweaking the default.lua keyboard file?

I admit I haven't, so I'm not sure there is a solution for your specific issue here (don't want to raise your hopes in vain), but maybe it's worth a try considering you've those 2 free days now.

spacer.png

Did you look into what the community made? Modders tweaking the default.lua keyboard file?

I admit I haven't, so I'm not sure there is a solution for your specific issue here (don't want to raise your hopes in vain), but maybe it's worth a try considering you've those 2 free days now.

I looked before I posted, as I understand they have bound some particular functions to keys but throttle and flight controls can only work with a stick.

Spending two days trying to get Mirage 2000C to work will drive me up the wall, I'll go fly some Mig-21 missions and some CAS using the Su-25A. That always cheers me up