Magics wont lock and guns wont fire.

Muppetlord

I don't know if this is a bug or just me and my friend doing it wrong.

Like the title says, we're having problems with some of the weapons. The Super 530D works fine.

Masterarm, check!

Correct weapon selected, check!

Right behind target aircraft, no lock. If i fire a missile I do get a lock on the one in the air.

Guns are just dead. I get the gun snake and the target reticle, can't fire. Tried different bindings but it just wont.

Any ideas?

:helpsmilie:

Edit: Figured out the Magics

fQi1q25.png

Edit again: Alright I solved the guns as well. I thought that the Cannon button in the options was to fire but it was actually only for selecting them. To fire, just use normal weapon release.

Edited by Muppetlord

I don't know if this is a bug or just me and my friend doing it wrong.

Like the title says, we're having problems with some of the weapons. The Super 530D works fine.

Masterarm, check!

Correct weapon selected, check!

Right behind target aircraft, no lock. If i fire a missile I do get a lock on the one in the air.

Guns are just dead. I get the gun snake and the target reticle, can't fire. Tried different bindings but it just wont.

Any ideas?

:helpsmilie:

Magics not locking, I can't do anything about that, since it is the missile itself who must lock. The guns not firing, that's rare. Next time that happens, please save the track and send it to me via PM. Put the track file in a dropbox or similar repository and send me the link.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The guns are fired with the pickle button, not the trigger.

I tried Magics just once, but they worked fine.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

With the way the Magic II works on the mirage atm you cant give the seeker info.

As such is needs to find a target itself and as such any target need to almost directly infront of the seekerhead.

And like Xao and Pikey has said that ends up being towards the top of the hud.

The magic will be much more effective when we get the abillity to uncage the seekerhead and slave it to the radar.

That will give us a much wider area where we can "lock" up a target aswell as probably giving a better lockup range for the seeker.

I had moments where I'm right behind a bogey, I switch to magics and try to lock, though nothing happens. I keep it in the magic circle but the missile isn't phased at all.

Very frustrating.

This also happened from rear aspect, actually most of the time I don't even try a all aspect lock anymore.

The Magics arent currently looking where the circle is.

Use the boresight cross further up the HUD.

Thats where the Magics are currently looking.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"