Air refueling

Cobra

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a bug that we haven't found that prevents fuel from being transferred.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Any ETA on the fix Is it on EDs end or Razbams?

We don't know where the bug is. So we are working with ED on this one. And then Christmas came and the rest you know.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

You can still practice making contact and holding steady. It's a challenge since the aircraft wants to auto-adjust the trim to where you point the nose. At least in my limited experience.

This means you have to be on top of your game when you make minor adjustments.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

In the manual on page 28 is a orange Light "RVT VOL" described that shows when/if the Aerial Refueling Switch is turned on. There is not described where this Button is located and it seems to lit up when the Battery is not connected.

We tested it a few minutes ago in the 2.0 and like the others said, the Tanker will tell you "connected...disconnected...connected...".

Refueling seems to be more easy than with the F15 or A10C (but still hard) and also pretty funny with the basket :)

And stay calm, its an beta and we get to fly this beauty finally...! We will be able to refuel soon enough (at least i hope so...) :)

Merry Christmas ;)

You can still practice making contact and holding steady. It's a challenge since the aircraft wants to auto-adjust the trim to where you point the nose. At least in my limited experience.

This means you have to be on top of your game when you make minor adjustments.

That's true, on the other hand i found a really simpatic switch on the right dashboard which is called "TUCAN" or something like that. It's switch which can be rotated between x10 and x19, it changes the sensibility of fly by wire. Plus you can change the fbw mode with the switch nearby. :joystick:

That's true, on the other hand i found a really simpatic switch on the right dashboard which is called "TUCAN" or something like that. It's switch which can be rotated between x10 and x19, it changes the sensibility of fly by wire. Plus you can change the fbw mode with the switch nearby. :joystick:

Bro .. that's TACAN it's a primitive way of looking for tankers gives you range and bearing ....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Sorry for noob question, but how do I get tanker to extend bucket?

Contact it and ask for pre-contact, then when you're in position ask for contact, and it'll deploy.

I think there's a bug with the radios here: I tried calling the tanker again and again with no response, and only after I switched to the auxiliary radio and back to the main radio and then called again did I get a response. I've repeated this a few times. Maybe the radio isn't being properly initialised at the start of the mission?

I've attached a sample mission with a S-3B tanker and the player in the air a few miles behind, just to save anyone else the trouble. Brief instructions included in the briefing.

M2000C-refueling.miz

Refueling seems to be more easy than with the F15 or A10C (but still hard) and also pretty funny with the basket :)

Easier than the A10? Not for me. I can refuel in the A10C OK, but in the M-2000 it seems to be impossible. Main problem is that the airplane holds the correction: if you push the stick right momentarily, it banks the aircraft and keeps that bank angle indefinitely going further and further right, making small corrections near impossible. In the A10 you push the stick right momentarily, it banks right momentarily, then straightens itself out, resulting in a small path correction.

Any tips?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, ok, it seemed easyer for me but we did formation flight before wich was a good training. The only problem for me with the Mirage is the huge engine... The smallest throttle-increase and i end up meters closer to the tanker (or formation-buddy) and not 50% more throttle for half a minute only to be a few centimeters closer like in the a10... :D

Edited by Arctic

Uff, I found it to be very difficult. Maybe FBW and the lack of curves in my joystick profile have something to do with it.

I the A-10C I can usually refuel the internal tanks to full without disconnecting (at least if the tanker is not banking). But I use a curve from 15 to 24 in my TMW Hotas.

Anyways, the challenge is very well welcome.

Im thinking of a mission that will make my squadron mates sweat next weak!

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

All I want to say is good luck with this. I played around with a bunch of different things that could be causing this for hours the other night to no avail. It's either going to come down to a model issue or the game still believes that this is an SU-27 plane which doesn't have the air refueling capabilities in DCS.

Video demo of AAR.

Watch out, its very tricky!

[ame]

[/ame]

All I want to say is good luck with this. I played around with a bunch of different things that could be causing this for hours the other night to no avail.

What part are you struggling with?

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Easier than the A10? Not for me. I can refuel in the A10C OK, but in the M-2000 it seems to be impossible. Main problem is that the airplane holds the correction: if you push the stick right momentarily, it banks the aircraft and keeps that bank angle indefinitely going further and further right, making small corrections near impossible. In the A10 you push the stick right momentarily, it banks right momentarily, then straightens itself out, resulting in a small path correction.

Any tips?

I haven't tried refueling yet, but I'm thinking maybe using autopilot with trim commands for small adjustments ?

Ryzen 3600X - RTX 2080 - 32 GB Ram - DCS on SSD.

DCS Modules : M2K-C, F18-C, FW-190D, Huey, Gazelle, Black Shark, Mig-15, all maps.

I wanted to try this on the 104th server but I couldn't figure out how to tune the TACAN or UHF radios. I'm a newbie at this so I'm looking for some help. eg. on the 104th server, the Mirage tanker was on channel 252 or something - how and where do I tune this? is there a tutorial on how to do this for the Mirage?

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I wanted to try this on the 104th server but I couldn't figure out how to tune the TACAN or UHF radios. I'm a newbie at this so I'm looking for some help. eg. on the 104th server, the Mirage tanker was on channel 252 or something - how and where do I tune this? is there a tutorial on how to do this for the Mirage?

I wrote way too much about the radios in this post here, might help you.

;2620654']Video demo of AAR.

Oh I'm not struggling with the actual refueling part. I was for fun trying to look into what was causing the actual bug of it not refueling. A challeng for fun really.

Thanks Maverik, I tried again and did it much better.

Indeed the Mirage is very sensitive but VERY stable if you fly straight. I was trying before with a banking tanker and was very diffult to even connect, let alone keep connected for a few minutes. Did you try that?

I tried now with the tanker flying straight and its much, much easier. But it needs practice.

I hope Razbam implement fuel transfer for aire refueling soon.

;2620654']Video demo of AAR.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.