Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone elsehaving issues wiith ccm locking on to targets that aren't actually there, or not being able to unlock and reset ccm? Sometimes it's lock something up, and I cant unlock in order to scanfor new targets.

-16AGR-Bear

anyone elsehaving issues wiith ccm locking on to targets that aren't actually there, or not being able to unlock and reset ccm? Sometimes it's lock something up, and I cant unlock in order to scanfor new targets.

Now CCM comes with autolock. If you unlock, it will again lock the nearest target. Many times it is the same that you had locked before.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Now CCM comes with autolock. If you unlock, it will again lock the nearest target. Many times it is the same that you had locked before.

Hey Zeus, if you don't mind me annoying you ....

When will Magic radar slew feature be implemented?

It's one of the most anticipated feature for me atm : D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

When will Magic radar slew feature be implemented?

It's one of the most anticipated feature for me atm : D

Same!

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

zeus what he is talking about is a jammer in the area CCM will not lock the target in front of you it just locks a line, and when you push the reset/unlock it just relocks thin air again. in this case you are forced to exit CCM and just use 10NM mode to get a lock on your target.

so in MP CCM works about 50% of the time. most times your better off to just use a 10 mile scan, with the RDO function.

RDO in 530 mode auto locks the closest target.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

problem is that both CCM and RDO lock friendlies even after i already IFF`d

i know Zeus commented that they dont know if IRL it ignores friendlies but i find this really annoying in big air battles , especially that i can get the friendly indicator on the HUD before i line up with the target.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

problem is that both CCM and RDO lock friendlies even after i already IFF`d

i know Zeus commented that they dont know if IRL it ignores friendlies but i find this really annoying in big air battles , especially that i can get the friendly indicator on the HUD before i line up with the target.

Yes. The M-2000C does not have any way to discriminate friends from foes even when you are doing an IFF interrogation. That job was left to the pilot, thus the two symbols that tell you that it is a friend: the diamond in the VTB and the letter A (for Ami, Friend in French) in the HUD target box.

One of our sources confirmed this. I was even told that the radar manual has a large BE CAREFUL warning on it about this subject.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I'm confused with the terminology.. :D ..when say CCM (in English), you really mean the CAC modes (French) right?

Another question: i'm having many issue with target (locked) lost for no apparent reasons (in front of me) in normal mode, so I have to lock them again... is it a recognized bug (to be fixed), or I'm doing something wrong?

another question regarding the CCM. Now for me the most useful mode is the vertical mode, I suppose that's the one that makes more sense in a dogfight. The horizental one is certainly nice to have.

so my question, in the real aircraft, is the horizental mode the first to be selected? not the vertical? is it really 3 button pusshes to get to the vertical?

is it a recognized bug (to be fixed)

Yes , radar lock in TWS is still bugged and Zeus is working on it.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any time estimate when these new patches will be available with Mirage module in DCS 1.5.3 release version?

I would guess on Friday.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm confused with the terminology.. :D ..when say CCM (in English), you really mean the CAC modes (French) right?

Both are English acronyms.

CCM = Close Combat Modes

CAC = Close Air Combat

So yes, CCM = CAC modes.

spacer.png

Why not just switch to Open Beta version?

Because multiplayer. At least that is why I don't use the beta atm.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I`m using the open beta mirage with stable DCS , but i dont have features that are game related (like arming eclair or 4 magics) , i really hope we get the latest in stable

i fear 2.0 is gonna get the update this friday

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The aircraft can warm up the radar on the ground. This particular bug was squashed yesterday and will be available soon.

Good to hear! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the real plane, is it possible to use the bore sight with the 530's the way you do it with the Magic's? Right now we have to switch to the IR missiles then to the bore sight then switch over to the 530D's again.

Yea.. and if you have used all your Magics and have 530s, you can't use CCM at all anymore.